Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Hotfixes - June 22, 2022

WoW Hotfixes - June 22, 2022
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    User Interface and Accessibility

• Fixed an issue where the camera’s field of view could be increased past 90.
      • Developers’ note: The ability to restrict the field of view was added in 9.2.5 as an accessibility measure to help alleviate motion sickness. All of World of Warcraft -- the art, combat mechanics, and player interactions -- are built within the parameters of the user interface experience and scale. Increasing the field of view beyond the limit that has been in place since WoW launched was not intended.

Burning Crusade Classic

• [With realm restarts] To address a bug that prevented Midsummer Fire Festival bonfire quests from resetting for players who previously completed them, all Midsummer bonfire quests will be reset. This includes any yearly quests that players might have completed for the first time since the event began at 12:01 a.m. on June 21.
      • Developers' note: This fix requires that we restart all realms, so to get the fix applied as soon as possible, we're preforming realm restarts soon during off-peak hours in each region.

Times like this, I wish WoW was just a game, and not a "Competitive Game"...

I had hopes i could play the game without spending so much time and effort trying to look around because of the terrible fov.

No other games have this issue. Any fov under 110 is wrong and bad.

Surely they could have given people the option or at least some sort of in-between option for some people...

Why Blizzard hates us? Real bugs like the "Unity" Bug, hunters pulling every Boss, warlocks cant use their 4p in NW, in the necropole with rain of fire, remain in the game for months and nobody @Blizzard gives a fu.. about it. What happend Blizz? Times past u were cool.

Quote Originally Posted by daCarter View Post
    Why Blizzard hates us? Real bugs like the "Unity" Bug, hunters pulling every Boss, warlocks cant use their 4p in NW, in the necropole with rain of fire, remain in the game for months and nobody @Blizzard gives a fu.. about it. What happend Blizz? Times past u were cool.
    Becuase these bugs didn't last for months, but less.

And the fov change is a simple fix, while those other bugs are more complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    I had hopes i could play the game without spending so much time and effort trying to look around because of the terrible fov.

No other games have this issue. Any fov under 110 is wrong and bad.
    Ofc other games have this "issue". I don't recall playing any 3rd person game where you can change FoV. There may be one out there, but certainly most games don't have it.

I will give the fov change an 8/10 on the Blizzard bullshit meter.

7+ Year Old Account
    hmm just like the time they restricted the camera zoom out
    yet bugs like windwalker staying in fight forever after fists of fury are still in since after legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Further proof of Pee Vee Pee ruining WoW.

If you're looking for the /s its in another castle

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daCarter View Post
    Hunters pulling every boss is a bug?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Hunters pulling every boss is a bug?
    if you even just left click a boss they pull sometimes if they cast huntersmark they maybe pull the mob if they throw a trap with a mob in target they maybe pull the mob

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    if you even just left click a boss they pull sometimes if they cast huntersmark they maybe pull the mob if they throw a trap with a mob in target they maybe pull the mob
    I have mained a Hunter since BC and don't ever attack on left click. Perhaps have someone look over their macros?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I have mained a Hunter since BC and don't ever attack on left click. Perhaps have someone look over their macros?
    no it happened to hunters in my raid as well its a bug that makes you auto attack on on skills and actions where it shouldn't trigger one

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    It's a known issue that has occurred recently. Nothing to do with macros. Just targeting the boss can sometimes cause the hunter to autoshot for no reason. It's a pita.

10+ Year Old Account
    i had a hunter way back when that fell asleep at the laptop and autoran into the boss.

We never let her hear the end of it

Ah yes, because swinging my camera around wildly is my favourite way to game. GJ on rushing that bug fix! Definitely the most serious one happening currently.

you'd think that the popularity of the field of view console command would tell them something about what players actually want, but of course they'll save that for the next emergency give players what they've been demanding and hope they ignore the latest bad publicity patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonfires reset = double gold for those who missed it last year, great xD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's baffling how they insist on treating this chill game like it's some super hardcore competitive game.

By people's comments, changes were made because of competitive play. Can anyone explain how so? I seem to be missing something that happened.