Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Nah the ideal legendary system was for it to just drop off a boss, and for someone to receive it.
    No crafting needed, no overpriced reagents, no cumbersome and unappealing grind for dust or cinders or what have you.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I still fail to see what is wrong with the Shadowlands Legendary system. Everyone on this forum keeps complaining about it that you have to spend gold on it, because one part is crafted (lol), but other than that it worked out really well.
    The crafting isn't an issue, I am fine with crafted gear.


    The issue with Shadowlands legendary system was that a huge part of the expansion system was tied to it, this in my eyes also means it gives less flexibility to what we get, it took Blizz to grit their teeth really hard to add tier sets again because lets face it, it conflicts with the legendarys really hard as you would want the tier sets but no longer want any legendary items to fill those slots.

    Mean the shard system was their way of trying to have tier sets without adding tier sets so that the legendary items could still be used.

    Can you see the conflicting interest here, I would rather have the tier sets back in the game as normal and hopefully these are not one offs going forward but this is only true as long as we don't have a conflict of items.

    Also means the rest of the game is more open to flexibility in design.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    No.

    It caused lots of friction within guilds because people got labelled more (or less) important than others, and was just bad.

    The current system is not perfect but definitely a lot better.
    Hahaah i was in second best guild on the realm and i was first guy in guild to be offered firelands legendary. Nobady absolutly nobady in that guild had any objections. And everybody accepted way legedaries were distributed. Do you know why ? Becouse people in guilds play for group achievements not for their own personal gains. Its just people like you what still use guilds and other players as means to your ends but not as your comrades to defeate strong enemy.

  4. #84
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Hahaah i was in second best guild on the realm and i was first guy in guild to be offered firelands legendary. Nobady absolutly nobady in that guild had any objections. And everybody accepted way legedaries were distributed. Do you know why ? Becouse people in guilds play for group achievements not for their own personal gains. Its just people like you what still use guilds and other players as means to your ends but not as your comrades to defeate strong enemy.
    That's cute, pretending to think you know me or anything about me

    Just because your guild had no issue with it doesn't mean other guilds didn't.

  5. #85
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    21,535
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Good. That's why it's a multiplayer game. Why did you make a guild to begin with since guilds always have friction by the mere fact humans are in them?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Why do you even play a multiplayer game then?
    For 1 vs everyone combat?

    - - - Updated - - -


    Don't be stuck in the word "guild". It could be done with a community too.

    Point is to not be yet another mundane single player game.

    Guild are not the only thing that make this game multiplayer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Well i also played TBC without getting a legendary. Someone else got them. And i was fine with it.

    And in Wotlk to. I don't like the whole "i need everything" mentality. A legendary is not legendary if it is this eas to obtain. Thereotically in the old system everyone could get it. But they won't because it would take longer than the tier is running. That is OK. I still remeber seeing the first person with both glaives in TBC back then.

    Or that one guy on my server who had a atiesh. It was actually legendary.

    You don't run the raids to only get the leggendary. You also get the normal loot and play the game.

    There is absolutly nothing legendary about the SL or legion legendaries. Or any of the other quest legendaries. Epic at most. Color was an indicator of rarity... I don't even know what this color means anymore. Epics from quests. Leggos... buyable... blues are utterly useless and there is no reason for greens anymore to exist.

    If you play in a guild group you help others get stronger and they help you in return. Someone will always get better loot.

    Forced personal loot and goodwill legendaries make loot feel meaningless and/or worthless.
    who says this? "legendary" just like "epic" and "rare" refers to item QUALITY, not rarity.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  6. #86
    MoP was the best, no question. The Cloak was tightly integrated into the main story, you actually got attached to an item and in the end it became the best. You can scream about welfare-item as much as you want, this system works and except for some butterflies, everyone that i knew ingame loved the system.

    People want to have something they can improve over time. Just look at the artefact-weapon. And yes, i compare both, since legendaries in legion were an RNG-Fiesta that no one liked back then. The Artefact-Weapon were an item that was relevant over the whole expansion and i really didn't see anyone complain about this.

    That something blizzard simply don't understand: people want to get attached to something. Having loot every patch that gets replaced with the next version is not something everyone desire. But having at least 1 item that gets better and better and better until it becomes legendary, i don't see anything bad with this system.

  7. #87
    It was great, if you were a caster.

    Oh, and those who got those weapons could suddenly skip to another guild.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    It was great, if you were a caster.

    Oh, and those who got those weapons could suddenly skip to another guild.
    Yeah that literaly never happend so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    That's cute, pretending to think you know me or anything about me

    Just because your guild had no issue with it doesn't mean other guilds didn't.
    I am not preteding anything. Its same when people talk about Master Looter. You all start talking about all these negattive things what literaly happen in most extreme cases and tiny minority of guilds and use it as excuse for not having it in the game. 99,9% of guilds never had any of this issues at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    I'd argue MoP/WoD was the best. You leveled it up throughout the whole xpac so when it finally became orange you felt like you accomplished something
    It never felt acomplishing. Content you had to do to upgrade those legendary items was joke. It was non challenging grind what any braindead monkey could do.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think I've seen anything cause as much poaching as Tarecgosa did. Happy that you seem to have had a positive experience with it but I saw guilds collapse over it.
    Unfortunately anything with a large time and group investment tied to it like the Ulduar mace or FL staff is going to face that. I was the first person on my server to get it and soon after I had groups off realm reaching out to me trying to pay for my transfer to their servers. Something I would never do, but I also don't really fault people for going to a group that is probably much further along in progression and seeking you out and paying for moves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    My guild & i didn't like it back then. Farming the mats for people in our 10man grp was pure pain when DS was out allready, the staff was just too good & kinda needed at spine.
    I can't imagine how horrible it must have been in 25 man groups.
    The drop rates were massively increased for 25 man groups. So they could build staves much faster and always have people at each stage of gathering. I knew a few 10.man raids that would team up to outfit players faster in a 25 setting. That system was chaos start to finish and I do not miss it at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  10. #90
    The best system was the MoP/WoD legendaries. One legendary that you leveled up through the entire expansion that tied into the story and was independent of how many other people in the raid could use it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Genuinely curious what's the TLDR from anyone who has played GW2 enough to get a legendary there?
    As others have already said - It's crafted by gathering materials that you obtain pretty much through all forms of content in the game - open world, dungeons, easy-mode raids, PvP, World bosses, etc., the grind takes a significant time (around six months on average to make your first, but ones after generally come quicker), and rewards you with a uniquely skinned weapon that, stat wise, is identical to the more easily acquired BiS gear, but has the ability to freely change the stats on it without cost, and it looks really cool.

    It's the very definition of a horizontal, rather than vertical, form of progression, which means it would never work in WoW where most players are pretty fixated on power increases based on time spent.
    Last edited by Bladesyphon; 2022-06-25 at 09:50 PM.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The best system was the MoP/WoD legendaries. One legendary that you leveled up through the entire expansion that tied into the story and was independent of how many other people in the raid could use it.
    This is the best way to do it honestly, sure you got a few who made a ton of early gold from the current iteration but this promoted an expansion long event that wanted you to upgrade them as they went along. Just remove the raid only aspects and boom perfect.

  13. #93
    Fluffy Kitten Nerph-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    7,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    Yeah that literaly never happend so.
    It happened all the time, people left guilds to join "better" guilds once they'd gotten decent enough gear. Happened a lot in the guild I was in in vanilla.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    I am not preteding anything. Its same when people talk about Master Looter. You all start talking about all these negattive things what literaly happen in most extreme cases and tiny minority of guilds and use it as excuse for not having it in the game. 99,9% of guilds never had any of this issues at all.
    You are pretending though, because you know nothing about me.

    As for it only happening in extreme cases, keep living in the fantasy world you're in I guess.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    As others have already said - It's crafted by gathering materials that you obtain pretty much through all forms of content in the game - open world, dungeons, easy-mode raids, PvP, World bosses, etc., the grind takes a significant time (around six months on average to make your first, but ones after generally come quicker), and rewards you with a uniquely skinned weapon that, stat wise, is identical to the more easily acquired BiS gear, but has the ability to freely change the stats on it without cost, and it looks really cool.

    It's the very definition of a horizontal, rather than vertical, form of progression, which means it would never work in WoW where most players are pretty fixated on power increases based on time spent.
    I have to agree if they introduced a legendary based around skill level the community would shriek. They got upset with slyvannas's bow and that weapon was just an ilv stick outside of mythic plus.

  15. #95
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halls Of The Guardian
    Posts
    3,888
    I'd rather them being a reward for solo challenges, like mage tower but harder.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE , THE HORDE IS STRONG!

  16. #96
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Except ppl were complaining a ton because they didnt want to be in a guild. It also created a lot of in-guilds friction as you had to practically make a ranking of players and ppl dont like to be labeled. Skill and community? It was guaranteed drops and required a guild, not sure where that falls on the community scale.

    Imo the best legendary system was actually the artifact system (minus the poor grinding it required). It was interesting, lore-related and personal to your character.
    people still believe the myth that you needed to grind AP in legion to be competitive? LOL

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    You practically had to do it with a guild and the more skilled your guild was: the faster you got it. Not only that but you couldn't just weasel your way into a guild and then get it in a few days. The 1st to get it was always the most important character to get it and in big-enough guilds that was never the carry or the new guy.
    That had the gigantic advantage of combining both skill and community; it was no longer an RNG shitfest; it wasn't enough to pay a guild and carry you if you wanted to be the 1st to get it.

    And it can be easily improved, by not restricting it only to a few specs. That can even be done by stretching it across an expansion to multiple raids.

    The caveat? People need to play actually an MMO. It's not welfare; it's not carrying; it's not RNG.
    Yeah, I'm glad that shit design from the 1990s is gone and is never coming back.

  18. #98
    Sounds terrible. I would rather be able to get it for myself without relying on others, if they must exist at all.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Holy crap, no. Terrible idea. The current system is way better... with a caveat.
    I actually agree - if the leveling craft was as it is now from the start - good system

    Legion was better though.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    It happened all the time, people left guilds to join "better" guilds once they'd gotten decent enough gear. Happened a lot in the guild I was in in vanilla.



    You are pretending though, because you know nothing about me.

    As for it only happening in extreme cases, keep living in the fantasy world you're in I guess.
    No it didnt happen all the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •