Currently pretty garbage as Frost DK. Would you say Hunter or Warlock are any easier?

My friends all run Mythic+'s all week. I've been trying to catch up on my Frost DK, but I feel like I'm just not carrying my weight. I'm 248 ilvl and ended at like 7.8k dps in a +15 we ran, and died a number of times. They seem happy to "carry" me, but I'm just now about that.

So I've been debating if I should consider switching over to either a Warlock (which I haven't played since MoP, although I enjoyed Destro), or leveling up a Hunter from scratch, a class I've honestly never played.

Curious if anyone has any experience with those classes, in relation to how easy or difficult the Frost DK is by comparison? From the searching I've done, Frost DK is supposed to be the easiest spec in the game to play, but I'm struggling all the same (I think I'm having a hard time keeping track of my rotation while constantly having to focus whether or not I'm standing in something, since there are SO many spell effects in melee range).

I dunno, any feedback? For that matter, any other class you guys might suggest that's just SUPER easy to get decent DPS out of, that I can devote more of my attention to "avoiding crap on the ground" without my DPS completely nosediving?

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread will probably get closed because I think asking for advice on what class to play is against the rules (possibly, it's past 4 am here and cba to think ;DD).

That said I'll give you my 2 cents:

Play a class you enjoy. If you enjoy your Frost DK, then try to figure out why you're not pulling the dps you're supposed to be pulling. There are lots of sites with guides about rotations and stuff. Maybe consider tweaking your UI as well to be able to see what spells are off cooldown while not losing vision of the mobs/boss. WeakAuras are excellent at this.

What I'm basically saying is, my first thing would be to figure out what the issue is, instead of "giving up" and trying another class.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    My friends all run Mythic+'s all week. I've been trying to catch up on my Frost DK, but I feel like I'm just not carrying my weight. I'm 248 ilvl and ended at like 7.8k dps in a +15 we ran, and died a number of times. They seem happy to "carry" me, but I'm just now about that.

So I've been debating if I should consider switching over to either a Warlock (which I haven't played since MoP, although I enjoyed Destro), or leveling up a Hunter from scratch, a class I've honestly never played.

Curious if anyone has any experience with those classes, in relation to how easy or difficult the Frost DK is by comparison? From the searching I've done, Frost DK is supposed to be the easiest spec in the game to play, but I'm struggling all the same (I think I'm having a hard time keeping track of my rotation while constantly having to focus whether or not I'm standing in something, since there are SO many spell effects in melee range).

I dunno, any feedback? For that matter, any other class you guys might suggest that's just SUPER easy to get decent DPS out of, that I can devote more of my attention to "avoiding crap on the ground" without my DPS completely nosediving?

Frost being the easiest spec in the game is a meme from the pre legion days, it is definitely not true anymore if you are playing breath. You probably just need more gear, just keep at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 248 ilvl, you are still being carried in +15s, no matter what class you play.

Switching to another class won't solve the underlying issue, which is that you're undergeared for the content you're attempting.

Frost with breath can be disruptive very easily, not a great beginner spec (obliterate is pretty easy though yeah).

Hunter gives you 3 specs to choose from and 1 is almost always meta, so that's an advantage there. Casters often require more finesse so personally I'd avoid that unless you want to learn the fundamentals of ranged dps.

Monk is pretty OP now and probably will be in s4, and they have insane utility and survivability.

What ilvl are the other 4 players? If the others in your group are happy to carry you at that ilvl then i really dont see any issue. If its with randoms, and they have been commenting on your low contribution, maybe thats where you should look first.

I played with someone who would have one poor performance in a raid and boom - next raid shes on a new toon, similar ilvl, and shock horror, same result. In WoD she played 8 different classes over the expansion. Now, to be fair, she always sat mid pack so wasnt really an issue, and it was only f&f guild so wasnt exactly pushing hardcore endgame, but yeah, sometimes its not the class, its not the spec, its just the player, or the gear.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-06-27 at 02:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

248 ilvl is below SoD tier ilvl....

248 is really low though with double legendaries and tier you can still do a lot of dmg :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "Help Me Choose" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Please check online resources and/or the class-specific subforums if you have further questions. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead