Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    my worst ever WoW moment... would definitely have to be the time that I was kicked from a heroic dungeon group for not doing enough dps. Heroic Halls of Valor in Legion. We'd downed the first boss with zero issues, next thing I know I am back in my order hall. whisper one of the group who tells me why.

Now I know what you're probably thinking; fair enough bloody scrub player. and you'd mostly be right. however, this occurred Friday 2nd September 2016 at about 5pm. the game had been out for roughly 72 hours at that point and I had just managed to scrape together the minimum ilvl required to queue for heroic dungeons. was then that I realised that people could be real dicks! I'd never experienced anything quite like it before that day.

I think back in Black Temple on Illidari Council when I had to be benched because I was messing up too much and dying all the time. In retrospect it's a good lesson because realizing you are ruining things for 19 other people does hopefully push you into performing better and at least for me I used to have some arrogance about being a hotshot player and this kinda took me down a level.

It's a hard balance though because some people will never admit to being a problem so they would take that as a sign to leave and join another guild, or they would find a way to blame everyone else but themselves. Sometimes it's good to have a humbling experience and reflect on your own performance but I've met many people who weren't able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Playing a DK. I still feel unclean.
    Those orphans deserved it.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Leveled on a PvP server because that's where my friends played. Random world PvP encounters as I'm leveling through Barrens, Ashenvale and Stonetalon, mostly fine, because they were on-level encounters. Get to STV at ~level 30 and suddenly am absolutely bombarded by high level folks (skulls so can't see their level) just obliterating me left and right....for no reason, because I can't hit them and they get no honor. Getting camped apparently because I can't even stay alive long enough to get through a hearthstone cast. Spent an hour trying, and just logged off. Completely ruined my Saturday play session.

I hate world PvP. Even now, leveling an I won't turn on War Mode despite the bonuses because of how much I despise world PvP.

I transferred to a PvE server shortly after because my friends quit and I wanted to keep going.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    back in vanilla my guild leader got a new job and had to travel so he quit playing. Pulled me aside one night after raid and said I was his pick to take over, had unanimous support from the other officers, I was too much of a weenie to say yes, we disbanded the next day.

Another guild I was in during Wrath started to have some drama after a few leaders had to quit (deployed I think). Someone got access to one of their account and unlocked the gbank for all to grab. Myself and a few of the other officers panicked, withdrew all of the gold onto our toons until things got back under control (I held something like 500k give or take). Officer I trust reached out to me, said it was all back in order and I could put the gold back, I did.

2 days later its all back on repeat, guild was cleaned out and they disbanded. Should have kept it.

In legion I decided I wanted to switch mains after playing Mage since TBC (priest during wrath but then right back to mage in cata and hunter before that in vanilla). Was mostly playing solo, but doing well in groups and bgs (or at least no one was yelling at me so I assumed I was). Buddy asked me to fill a spot in his guilds EN raid, and I quickly discovered I actually really suck at raiding as melee and should never ever do it again. Now my DK is strictly for pvp.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-06-24 at 02:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

When I stole someone the Aeonaxx kill. I passed randomly by, killed it and looted it. A guy was actually camping it for days, while I was just randomly there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    my worst ever WoW moment... would definitely have to be the time that I was kicked from a heroic dungeon group for not doing enough dps. Heroic Halls of Valor in Legion. We'd downed the first boss with zero issues, next thing I know I am back in my order hall. whisper one of the group who tells me why.

Now I know what you're probably thinking; fair enough bloody scrub player. and you'd mostly be right. however, this occurred Friday 2nd September 2016 at about 5pm. the game had been out for roughly 72 hours at that point and I had just managed to scrape together the minimum ilvl required to queue for heroic dungeons. was then that I realised that people could be real dicks! I'd never experienced anything quite like it before that day.
    Don't feel too bad about it. The problem with the voting system is that often everyone just click on OK when it pops up, so you could've encountered just 1 toxic guy and everyone else didn't even read what was going on.

Never pass loot to gm friends cause next day they could quit which he did

Definitely when I accidentally ninja looted an agility cloak in Wailing Caverns as a warlock. I had just started playing, this was in late TBC or early Wrath. It was blue and I must’ve been wearing a white or green cape, so I thought it made sense for me to press need — nope! And this was before heirlooms, so low level gear still meant something to the group of alts I was running with. Got cursed out and definitely learned my lesson that day.

I once created a 3-drake Sartharion PUG run without explaining any loot rules to anyone that joined. People didn't ask. I set it the master looter, and ninja'd the drake for myself.

People clearly were irritated and upset, with many reporting me --- but since there had been no loot rules stated, Blizzard didn't do anything about it. Also, with the addition of LFG this late into WotLK, it no longer mattered if I needed my server to complete content because I could just use the finder for things that weren't raiding.

I learned a few things from this:

1) No loot is worth the amount of toxicity this type of action causes

2) The WoW Social experience was starting to die because I didn't need my server to do 5 man content anymore (and I was over raiding at this point for the xpac)

3) Blizzard won't punish you for certain types of toxic gameplay (at least back then)

4) Always ask what loot rules are when joining a pug
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aldahar View Post
    Vanilla, and I'm an MMO virgin. Rolled a pally. Ignorant of add-ons or helpful websites; Thottbot, Wowhead, Elitist Jerks, etc. Got to around lvl 55, joined a pug for Scholo as a healer. Talents scattered across all 3 trees into what sounded fun/cool to play. First trash pull and I cast Holy Light on the tank, who dies, because HL was on a long cast time. So we re-enter and try again, same results. I get kicked. No chat, no whispers, nothing. Just...kicked out. I felt miserable. Worst. feeling. ever.

I loved the game, so continued, albeit without joining random groups. Got in a guild, learned from some very good players about using FoL as well as how to downrank. Challenged myself to become greatest dress wearing paladin in WoW, and by the time TBC and Kara rolled around, I could keep the entire raid (including pets; yes, they took damage) alive w/no worry about mana thanks to MP5.

That community support is probably what cemented WoW as my game of choice for many years. Shoutout to Eternal Force, a guild on Ysera, and to Sarcy, the paladin who first taught me how to heal.
    Got shity drunk and after wiping on the boss in ZA that makes the tornados for what seemed like the 100th time because people couldn't get their heads out of the a$$e$ I freaked out and basically the guild fell apart after that. Still regret that to this day, good group of people, had a lot of fun with them but the person I yelled at was an officers girl friend or something and you can guess how this whole thing goes from there.