1. #1

    Addon to Save Action Bars Between Specs?

    To be clear, I don't mean the actual layout of action bars like a lot of addons do. I have duplicates of classes, and what I'm hoping to be able to do is set up my macros, keybinds and spells in action bars on one mage, then log over to another mage and copy that same layout over, so I can just start playing with the same controls, without needing to recreate macros and reopen the spellbook.

    Does one like that exist that currently works?

  2. #2
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/btwloadouts is the only one I've heard of that's still working. Haven't personally used it though.
    Last edited by Elvenbane; 2022-06-24 at 12:47 PM.

  3. #3
    Just to hijack the thread, it really is a pity that in 20 years wow they still did not include a "copy profile from..." button (for example in the char screen) where I could select a char I want to copy it from. It then copies everything, all action bars for all stances, all personal macros and settings. I proposed that the first time during the wotlk beta.

    Technically a very trivial thing to do, that you could even do by yourself if you copied your character's profile and sed' your characters name, but it doesn't copy all settings and the copied macro cache won't actually create the server side stored macros.

  4. #4
    Isn't most of that stored in the addon/wtf folders and you can just copy the files?

    All my keybinds are shared between all my characters, so I'm not sure the concern there.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  5. #5
    The addon you're looking for is myslot it has everything you asked for

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Isn't most of that stored in the addon/wtf folders and you can just copy the files?

    All my keybinds are shared between all my characters, so I'm not sure the concern there.
    Mostly for completeness, and to try to get the idea across I'm looking to be able to carbon copy the same ability layout across alts of the same class rather than just the action bars themselves. I think it is stored in the wtf files but I'm not sure if that won't copy a bunch of extra data I don't want copied, like character-specific addon settings. I've got no idea which file would correspond to Outbreak in 1, Mind Freeze macro in 2, etc. There's a macros file but that would only copy the macros, not their positions in the action bars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navira1 View Post
    The addon you're looking for is myslot it has everything you asked for
    I did see that and while I haven't tested yet there are some people in the comments indicating it might be bugged, and I was hoping for something in-game so I didn't have to manage files in the folders, but it's increasingly looking like this will be my only real chance. Thanks

  7. #7
    Neuron does this as well.

    I have a profile for each class, and when loading a new one I just select the profile for the class I want and BOOM. Everything is there.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizgig1973 View Post
    Neuron does this as well.

    I have a profile for each class, and when loading a new one I just select the profile for the class I want and BOOM. Everything is there.
    I'll look into that one, thanks.

    The buttons look nice, but is there an option to use the default action bars while taking advantage of the profile feature, or would I need to recreate the default?

  9. #9
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,056
    Most action bar addons have per profile settings. And you can save your settings on one char into its specific profile and then setup another char with that profile. All within the addon itself
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    To be clear, I don't mean the actual layout of action bars like a lot of addons do. I have duplicates of classes, and what I'm hoping to be able to do is set up my macros, keybinds and spells in action bars on one mage, then log over to another mage and copy that same layout over, so I can just start playing with the same controls, without needing to recreate macros and reopen the spellbook.

    Does one like that exist that currently works?
    Actionbarprofiles is the one i still use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •