Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by b1gh3x View Post
    My question is, does giving max ilvl gear to world/daily questers take away from the experience of high end players, or do they even care?
    I don't know a single daily which would give me a Mythic Level Trinket above 291 ilvl, in fact, most cap around 213. Even timewalking gear is only 210 and that is a catchup mechanic for alts... always has been. Same with the 226 gear in Zereth Mortis at the vendor. But from their perspective, here is why it will never end:

    No Timegating: Player bum rushes to get the gear and then bum rushes to beat the mythics. The unsub for 18 months.

    With Timegating: Everyone has to move at the same, allotted pace regardless of how fast/often they clear Mythic 20s.

    Do I agree with it? No. Do I wish I could just buy some 291 gear and call it a day? Yes. Am I a casual who stays subbed all year long? Yes I am.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    He said MAKING A GAME you dumb fuck
    Literally same thing. Also try not being so angry.

    Eat a snickers.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I don't know a single daily which would give me a Mythic Level Trinket above 291 ilvl, in fact, most cap around 213. Even timewalking gear is only 210 and that is a catchup mechanic for alts... always has been. Same with the 226 gear in Zereth Mortis at the vendor. But from their perspective, here is why it will never end:

    No Timegating: Player bum rushes to get the gear and then bum rushes to beat the mythics. The unsub for 18 months.

    With Timegating: Everyone has to move at the same, allotted pace regardless of how fast/often they clear Mythic 20s.

    Do I agree with it? No. Do I wish I could just buy some 291 gear and call it a day? Yes. Am I a casual who stays subbed all year long? Yes I am.
    Dailies give 246 with some events giving 252. Add to that leggos and weekly challenges it's pretty easy to get around 270 ilv not entering a raid.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Dailies give 246 with some events giving 252. Add to that leggos and weekly challenges it's pretty easy to get around 270 ilv not entering a raid.
    Your math is quite off, you don't even get to 260 if you don't do raids/dungeons. Even with two 291 legendaries.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Dailies give 246 with some events giving 252. Add to that leggos and weekly challenges it's pretty easy to get around 270 ilv not entering a raid.
    If you consider a weekly 15 to be on the same level of a WQ, sure. But the vast majority of casual players can barely complete a M0, much less a 15.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Dailies give 246 with some events giving 252. Add to that leggos and weekly challenges it's pretty easy to get around 270 ilv not entering a raid.
    Your argument being what, "lol just grind M+"?

    Because quests etc. will never get you anywhere close to 270.

    And if you just include weekly M+15 cache loot in this, that's extremely misleading considering it was designed to be (at least somewhat of) an alternative to raids.

    That's like saying people complaining about cars could just use Uber. It's not really making a point, you're just shifting shit around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •