Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    maybe they could do something new and interesting
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

But we have a bigger bad controlling the bad that even has bigger bads behind the bads behind the bads so the bigger bad is really behind all of those bad has as boss that is a bigger bad thats bad and it turns out he has a bigger boss thats a bigger bad and they are all bad but always have a new cosmic level boss thats bigger.. badder.. and coming for us all.. and to slow it down a little you throw in a faction war that happens out of game in a book until we find out a bigger bad was behind it all along. Sometimes the bigger bad takes advantage of a lower bad just to hid they are a bigger bad. Bad over bad over bad.

Lore is in a good place.

Unlikely to happen.

We just had an expansion literally involving a machine that could rewrite the entirety of reality - if they didn't use THAT as a chance for a do-over, then I don't know what would make them do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbica View Post
    I would add Bard as well!
    How could I forget!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The second WoW reboots, is the second I leave it behind. It would be the effective death of everything I've immersed myself in since the game launched.
    "everything you've immersed yourself in" what's that a whole expansion ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "everything you've immersed yourself in" what's that a whole expansion ago?
    I'm not sure I understand the question fully. But I can say I've played since Vanilla. I've read all the books and collect all the lore. I've run a RP guild with friends for 12 years, immersing ourself into this expansive world. So if they go "We're rebooting. This all never happened". That'd be it for me. I'll close the book there.

Essentially what they've already been doing though.

Hearthstone is also centered in the WarCraft universe and follows and alternative timeline mostly centered around the Vanilla - WotLK era. Should Blizzard decide to launch a new game in the WC franchise, there's no reason to believe it won't follow that ambiguous timeline as well.

They pretty much did already rewrite the story with all the retcons they've pulled in, so orc peon: "job done"

Jokes aside, the only real part of the story I would want rewritten is BfA and SL with the change from Legion being that they never made Sylvanas warchief because it never fit her to begin with. SL, in particular, should have never happened. I can deal with ignoring WoD's logic mess, but Legion and MoP brought good moments and Cataclysm did some good world building.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    We'd need a new lead for that, it doesn't seem like Ion would embrace imbalanced between classes due to RPG reasons.

Current devs are obsessed with competition, or maybe its an American thing idk.
    something that bothers me very much. I can understand 100% for PvP, cause it sucks to lose to a rock paper scissors system, or your spec are never picked, cause lol no dmg, but i dont see that much problems in PvE. I dont care if Class X makes 20% more dmg as me. Like "Hey, im a Pally, i do less Damage, but i support my Group with Buffs, Auras and other sh1t. Just make the Gameplay around these elements fun and problem is solved.

They don't need to do that. All they need to do is draw the line at the end of an expansion and say this is it, stuff ended here, next thing starts x years later and just create fresh new everything and disconnect from the old lore, building it from the ground up.
    This will require talent though, something that they simply do not have.

Dunno, disnep's burning of sw lore and attempt to replace with "structured" version completely killed any interest in the franchise for me. SW lore was mediocre at best, but the extended universe stuff was actually interesting.

I think trying to pull of a major retcon is a mistake, and people's shouts to "try again", "start over" and "redo it" is just childish tantrum.

I'm not sure I understand the question fully. But I can say I've played since Vanilla. I've read all the books and collect all the lore. I've run a RP guild with friends for 12 years, immersing ourself into this expansive world. So if they go "We're rebooting. This all never happened". That'd be it for me. I'll close the book there.
    Bad case of sunk cost.

You realize you're arguing that "sure the lore went down the toilet, but I still support it due to all the effort I've put into it"? People in favor of a reboot want to keep the good foundations and build from them, because the direction since Cata (arguably since BC, but people seem to inexplicably like Wrath) has been systematically destroying those foundations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    LOL! Just LOL!
    When MS takes over…
    and fire half the peoples…
    and install a new team with new rules and philosophies…
    and increase the budget…
    THEN this could be a possibility…
    maybe.

With the current ATVI Blizzard? No. Fukin. Way.
    There is no way this happens under microsoft. Look no further than 343 industries who've made blizzard look compotent for the last decade.

They had a chance to do this with Classic+. Could have been big.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Mh.. isn't that what they intended with the end of SL?

Old is finished. Shadow of Arthas is not there anymore as they cannot bring him back ever again. And he was basically the old lore. Everything was connected to him. Legion was finsihed in... well legion.

The fact, that the main storyline in wow is always a bit lackluster because it is really short is still existing problem. The world feels like a few hiveminds scatter about with the various faction leaders as the brain of every hive.
    The world doesn't feel like a world anymore. Also because we never really visit old zones anymore which do not make any sense anymore either.

The only way for blizz to sort the lore and world out is to make a timejump of around 200 years wihtout telling us immediatly what has happend in this time. This way they can create new lore without completly wrekcing existing stuff or using the "expand the lore" option.
    We get severly depowered and no one remebers us as most stuff we did is not general knowledge anyway or everybody who did know is dead. Some chracters will still be around because if their race (Tyrande, Malfurion, Lorthremar... basically the elves) everyone else is dead and can maybe develop some semlbance of identiy outside of the overbearing faction leaders again.
    THEN they can start new stories without being burdened by the old lore (expect the cosmic stuff but even taht happend so fast apparantly in recent years that the cosmic war they planned would be finsihed by then)
    Wow 2.0. bäm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    We'd need a new lead for that, it doesn't seem like Ion would embrace imbalanced between classes due to RPG reasons.

Current devs are obsessed with competition, or maybe its an American thing idk.
    I'm still waiting on the "soft rebooted" single player Warcraft RPG where the story picks up after TFT and creates a completely new timeline for itself (which can follow some storylines and lore ideas from WoW, maybe up and including MoP). Vanilla WoW and WotLK has many storylines and lore ideas that I would love to see in a single player RPG.

The second WoW reboots, is the second I leave it behind. It would be the effective death of everything I've immersed myself in since the game launched.
    My immersion died with the beginning of Cata with a short resurrection during Legion.

Yeah, absolutely follow disney, who singlehandedly destroyed star wars. Lets just fuck up wow aswell. what could go wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    something that bothers me very much. I can understand 100% for PvP, cause it sucks to lose to a rock paper scissors system, or your spec are never picked, cause lol no dmg, but i dont see that much problems in PvE. I dont care if Class X makes 20% more dmg as me. Like "Hey, im a Pally, i do less Damage, but i support my Group with Buffs, Auras and other sh1t. Just make the Gameplay around these elements fun and problem is solved.
    I've always loved that design philosophy or however it's called. Sacrificing damage for utility and things, to me that's how it should be.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

If you've been playing since vanilla then you know it's not the same game today. It's changed, in some ways drastically, from when the game was fun to play, and when much of the lore was less of a punchline to a sad joke.
    The only way you can feel any "immersion" today is if you're a "Sylvanas fanboy" in which case, oh well then, never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had a chance to do this with Classic+. Could have been big.
    This. They could have explored new ideas that the pandas were promoting instead of that poor joke of WoD.