Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Just go and do anything else that doesn’t involve a computer or videos games. If you sit at your computer 12-15 hours a day every game will eventually get boring very fast.

Believe me, I’ve been in that situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Why is everyone here getting baited by another shadowpunk dogshit thread were the answer is always in posts 1 to 4 but they whine and moan and move goalposts to mars.

Most people just need to call him out on it.

I kinda hit a burnout recently after doing 4x +15 keys on 3 characters every week for a few months as well as raiding mythic on top of that and I guess overall putting too much pressure on myself with certain things I feel I 'should' do.

The raiding part has drifted into a bit of a hiatus at the moment as we lost some people, currently don't have enough to continue with mythic progress and so we're using our raid times to do fun tmog/achievement runs and also look for new recruits. I also scaled back to only do 1x +15 on 3 chars. As exciting it is to have options with loot from the vault, I've been let down so many times that I just don't feel the reward from doing it. S4 is also approaching and I probably won't feel the need to do 4x +15s on a character again until Dragonflight.

Right now I'm just trying to do things I 'want' to do instead of things I feel I 'should' do. And it makes a big difference for me at least. Already had my 3x +15s done before Saturday and that means today and tomorrow I can just do whatever I feel like really - both in WoW and other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just stop playing the game, it's as simple.

How the hell this comment got an infraction though it's the best and most fitting comment here?
    Most mods here would get diagnosed with videogame addiction from a professional, probably just projecting.

The way OP is thinking reminded me of when I was 14-17 with WoW being a way too big part of my life , good riddance I got over that phase.

You don't really get over burnout, nor should you. Move on with your life.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Boy am I tired of people using mental health as an excuse. Like you think everyone surrounding you is healthy and you're not? The anomalies are the people who claim they DONT have mental health concerns, and even then doctors express doubt at them or press them for further info. But you say ur depressed and your word is taken for it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    When i stop enjoying something that is purely a hobby, i stop doing that thing. No different to games, just easier to do - just dont log in.

Not being rude, but you seem to be massively overthinking this.
    It really is that simple.

I'm not spending time and money on something that isn't fun.

Its super easy, when its not fun anymore just click unsubscribe and go do something else for a while. If something new in wow pops up that you want to try and it looks fun resubscribe and check it out.

If more people would vote with their wallets, wow would probably be a much better game IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    You should have started off with saying you crazy, so people understood
    There is plenty of "How to deal with WoW burnout" videos on youtube! Even Hazelnutty made one!

Why does my version of this topic have to be related to mental health issues?
    It was supposed to be a lighthearted thread!

Examples:

Yikes.

If the game is having this effect on you, just take a break from it. Go entertain yourself with other stuff, other games, other forms of entertainment, other hobbies.

It's really not rocket science.

You the one who decided to tell everyone you have mental issues, that's how it happened.

And hazelnutty is trash.
    Bit harsh, she seems like a nice person tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    You the one who decided to tell everyone you have mental issues, that's how it happened.

And herein lies the crux of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    And herein lies the crux of this issue.
    Life is hard...why waste it on hate towards others?
    I know i was a shit poster in the past (not on purpose, i swear to God) but thats only because i was a home dweller without a life.
    Im better now.

Im sorry and i hope you find peace too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Life is hard...why waste it on hate towards others?
    Who said anything about hate? I don't hate you. Why so much negativity in your thoughts?

I know i was a shit poster in the past (not on purpose, i swear to God)
    And that hasn't changed in the present. Try again.

but thats only because i was a home dweller without a life.
    Im better now.
    Yet, here you are in the present telling everybody that the reason you find it hard to detox from this game is because you claim you are a paranoid schizophrenic who hallucinates... then you get upset when people address that.

But you're not shitposting... right?

Im sorry and i hope you find peace too.

I don't understand why you keep wishing me peace-- I'm pointing out why you are getting responses as you are, since you don't understand why you are. You claim I'm "hating" on you when I'm pointing to something you said.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-07-03 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Not sure why all the best replies are being infracted.

We live in a world now where mental health should be taken seriously (not that it always shouldn't have).

There are multiple red flags in the OP's post.

While it's ok to reach out to anonymous people on an internet forum, ideally OP, you have someone IRL to talk to (while not drunk).
    Because we live in a culture now that has lost all capacity for rational thought. I mean, well that is it. It seems everyones first reaction is to react or take something personal even if the advice or comment is valid.

I would say to the OP, that if you have an addiction the game like it would appear you do, to treat it like any other addiction and seek qualified help. Gaming addiction is just as real as any other and should be treated as such. Nothing to feel bad about, just work towards treating it.

A number of players have had burnout from time to time re WoW. I guess how you deal with it depends how deep it is. The starting point looks to be scaling it back. Instead of playing every day, play every other day or two or three times a week. If it is deep even that won't help. That's when dropping the game altogether is the approach. Depending upon how long you may be taking that break it may even warrant an unsub.

What to do when you're not in WoW? Pretty much like what was noted. Find other things - get out and enjoy the world, hobbies, friends, family, et.al... pretty much anything else. This includes staying away from sites like MMOC and other WoW-associated sites. Get that full detox going. Then peek in every now and then and see if what you see lights that fire again. If it does - great. If not, keep on keeping on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread has pivoted into forbidden topics at this point, and will now be closed.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead