Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I can't see them contracting out anything... why would they? Maybe method would but " takes to much time" is 5mins if you buy the mats.

People are adding in all these features in their heads that simply are not going to exist. You are going to be as special and unique as every other player that maxed out leggo crafting this expansion.

The system is just designed to create waste by procing lower quality items from time to time.
    1. you specialize in X gear such as armor or weapons (this was stated by blizzard) so two crafters will be entirely different
    2. it cant proc lower quality it is literally between X and Y not lower than X
    3. the only features people are talking about is what has been shown by blizzard

finally the reason they would contract it out is because it is not as simple as spending 200k gold to craft the gear
    you need high quality mats
    the optional mats
    the mats to boost quality
    the crafting gear to help boost quality
    the time to get all that ready
    now why not just pay people who already play like that to get the basic mats and earmark them for your team so all of the team's time is spent leveling, gearing, and preparing alts?

im wondering if you even read the post

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want a less grindy game that you can play in your own pace without FOMO or falling behind.
    Mostly that,

Also, I think one of the reasons I'm not hyped at all about dragonflight is that BFA and Shadowlands pretty much ruined the game for me. Blizz took it one grind too far, and I'm not a teenager with norhing to worry about for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    1. you specialize in X gear such as armor or weapons (this was stated by blizzard) so two crafters will be entirely different
    2. it cant proc lower quality it is literally between X and Y not lower than X
    3. the only features people are talking about is what has been shown by blizzard

finally the reason they would contract it out is because it is not as simple as spending 200k gold to craft the gear
    you need high quality mats
    the optional mats
    the mats to boost quality
    the crafting gear to help boost quality
    the time to get all that ready
    now why not just pay people who already play like that to get the basic mats and earmark them for your team so all of the team's time is spent leveling, gearing, and preparing alts?

im wondering if you even read the post
    Why would they bother to funnel in the rare mat from 15s and mythic to randos?

There is a lotta coping here but little substance.

Your not gonna see some crafting cartel. Your gonna see derps crafting for copper.

Why would they bother to funnel in the rare mat from 15s and mythic to randos?

There is a lotta coping here but little substance.

Your not gonna see some crafting cartel. Your gonna see derps crafting for copper.
    I'm gonna see if I can explain the system since it seems you didn't read the blog post and thought work orders were the AH

Raider gets the mythic material
    It's BoP
    Can't trade it to a crafter
    Can send it with a work order

Crafter can't craft the item and keep it
    Crafters can't keep the work order
    Crafter can't keep the BoP mats

So as max, the RL of the top US guild, said "we might just contract out a Crafter guild"

I'm gonna see if I can explain the system since it seems you didn't read the blog post and thought work orders were the AH

Raider gets the mythic material
    It's BoP
    Can't trade it to a crafter
    Can send it with a work order

Crafter can't craft the item and keep it
    Crafters can't keep the work order
    Crafter can't keep the BoP mats

So as max, the RL of the top US guild, said "we might just contract out a Crafter guild"
    Likely for 50s like I've been saying. People who think they are going to make gold on this past maybe the first week are kidding themselves. If they make the bop items rare expect crafters to be paying for skill ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats literaly what wrath added and it was peak of wow and is considered one of (if not "the") best expansions in wows history...

- - - Updated - - -

right?
    i love peoples logic - wrath added just class and zones/raids its considered best, DF adds it its not enough
    "old expansions" were amazing with patches having nothing but raid, hell class changes (todays hotfixes) were considered patch feature in wrath, yet somehow todays patches with new zone and some new features ON TOP OF THE RAID are considered "empty" patches... like...how?
    people are so damn whiny...
    WotLK released 14 years ago. You cannot expect players to be the same and Legion, BfA and Shadowlands spoiled the players with stuff to do, new activities etc. - all of which Dragonflight is lacking. That's the main critique. The last expansion that was so bare bones and similar to WotLK in the regard was WoD (and before that Cataclysm) and we know how that ended.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    thats literaly what wrath added and it was peak of wow and is considered one of (if not "the") best expansions in wows history...
    That's fallacious on several levels, though.

First, it's far from evident that WotLK was successful because of that - there's other factors too like it being the culmination of the WC3 story etc. Furthermore, while WotLK was the peak, that also means people STOPPED playing afterwards; which raises the question about 1. whether or not that was simply a natural consequence of WoW being popular and gaining players naturally rather than a reflection on the particulars of the expansion; and 2. whether WotLK actually disappointed people who tried it, so they didn't stick around.

But far more importantly, you can't simply look to past successes and replicate them carbon-copy. What worked in 2007 doesn't have to work now, or work the same. The game has evolved. Players have evolved. Gaming in general has evolved. You can't just go and say "PacMan was a phenomenal success, let's just release a game like that again and it'll be a success in this day, too!". It doesn't work like that.

Likely for 50s like I've been saying. People who think they are going to make gold on this past maybe the first week are kidding themselves. If they make the bop items rare expect crafters to be paying for skill ups.
    So the 260 crafted gear is selling for 50s currently? Because that's the low point of the new crafting system

Casual players get the Normal raid materials
    Then there's the heroic mats
    Finally you have the mythic level

"Hey I'm gonna pay you 50s to craft high end mythic gear because it gives you a skill up even though it will cost you in the end because of finishing reagents"

This conversation is going nowhere because I think you missed the blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.
    That is not in any way going to do whgat you think it does. There is nothing Blizzard can do to improve the social aspect. Only the players can do that as Blizzard cannot force players to socialize. And none of what you want will make players socialize either.

So the 260 crafted gear is selling for 50s currently? Because that's the low point of the new crafting system

Casual players get the Normal raid materials
    Then there's the heroic mats
    Finally you have the mythic level

"Hey I'm gonna pay you 50s to craft high end mythic gear because it gives you a skill up even though it will cost you in the end because of finishing reagents"

This conversation is going nowhere because I think you missed the blue post
    I mean yes currently the low level torghast items are going for way below their mat value... least on illidan and area 52.

In your head you have this idea of what the system will be in reality your going to be paying to craft for other people then making the slimmest of margins.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is not in any way going to do whgat you think it does. There is nothing Blizzard can do to improve the social aspect. Only the players can do that as Blizzard cannot force players to socialize. And none of what you want will make players socialize either.
    I can't believe you just wrote that.

World of Warcraft Classic has proven to anybody with a brain that yes the game can either encourage or discourage social interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I can't believe you just wrote that.

World of Warcraft Classic has proven to anybody with a brain that yes the game can either encourage or discourage social interaction.
    Except the community died incredibly quickly on Classic despite people pretending it was because of sharding, simply due to the nature of modern communication and alternatives such as discord (as well as general mental attitudes people have towards strangers in 2022).

People are more miserable and mistrusting of others. You cannot change that with any kind of mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Imagine ordering a sandwich, getting exactly what you ordered, and then being mad that the store didn't add extra things you didn't ask for. That is genuinely hilarious.

You do realize all of the features/content added to WoW are always tied directly to the borrowed power, right? That's why there's literally nothing to do in vanilla/TBC/WotLK other than raid at max level because there's no other power that can be obtained.

The artifact weapons in Legion, the azerite gear in BfA, the legendaries/covenants in Shadowlands, the core gameplay of each expansion was directly tied to those borrowed powers. With borrowed powers going away it was very very obvious that the core gameplay would go back to what it was before borrowed powers were introduced, so just like in vanilla/TBC/WotLK you're going to hit max level and then do dungeons/raid/PvP and that's it, I was under the impression that's what everyone who hated borrowed powers wanted but now they're all bitching about it lol.
    Are you the kind of guy that thinks that a bologna-bread-bologna sandwich its completely different to a bread-bologna-bread sandwich despite being the same shit with different preparation method? because this is exactly that, shit we already had with a different coat of paint

I mean yes currently the low level torghast items are going for way below their mat value... least on illidan and area 52.

In your head you have this idea of what the system will be in reality your going to be paying to craft for other people then making the slimmest of margins.
    ah you didnt miss the blue post
    you just want to argue
    i didnt ask about the legendary items i asked about the 260 crafted gear like necklaces and all that because that would be the equivalent of what we get but you also reminded me of runecrafting so instead of looking at the low level waht do the 295 pieces sell for?

why i like dragonflight: no convoluted borrowed system that will kill any motivation and fun to be a raider/M+ pusher.

Dragons, whats there not to like?
    old talent trees coming back, building a good base for the future instead of the crapshow we have had since legion screwed over things massively.
    We will be back in azeroth again, not some cosmic whatever bs blizzard can come up with, it also helps with rp.
    thats the reasons i can already come up with, and if the raids and dungeons are good i think this will be a great expansion, which they need after been failing every expansion after legion (and in my opinion, legion was only good in the end, save from the raids. i still hate it for how it ruined some of my favorite speccs forever)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    WotLK released 14 years ago. You cannot expect players to be the same and Legion, BfA and Shadowlands spoiled the players with stuff to do, new activities etc. - all of which Dragonflight is lacking. That's the main critique. The last expansion that was so bare bones and similar to WotLK in the regard was WoD (and before that Cataclysm) and we know how that ended.
    BFA and SL had no substances thought, in BFA it was just grind azerite for neck, grind azerite gear, grind pearls in nazjatar and grind corruptions in 8.3. in SL you had to grind the maw which is litterly the worst zone blizzard have ever made for many reasons, not even desolace is as bland as the maw. SL was another huge grind, anima and other useless things that you had to grind. so in the end, there might been things to do, but none of them were fun. Wotlk and cata might not had "much to do" but it was a different philosophy, you played as much as you wanted and taking breaks wasnt anything bad. now they do everything to keep you in the game 24/7 which just been pushing people away.

You can have massive game with unlimited things to do, but if the majority of the people dont like to do those things it doesnt matter. Also last thing, the subs kept rising in wotlk, it wasnt until the HC dungeons in cata where subs started to fall due people not enjoying the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?
    The promise of being able to customize your dragon mount.

The shoddy copy-paste of Griffon flying from GW2.

That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Are you the kind of guy that thinks that a bologna-bread-bologna sandwich its completely different to a bread-bologna-bread sandwich despite being the same shit with different preparation method? because this is exactly that, shit we already had with a different coat of paint
    I'm the kind of guy that doesn't bitch about getting exactly the thing I asked for. Which apparently is very different to everyone else who begs for years to get something and when it's finally delivered they're upset that they actually got it.

Am I crazy or is this just
    Players: we want leveling to feel rewarding and the talent system is boring we want trees

Blizz: OK here's trees

Players: nooo you can't give us trees that have us choose abilities that we got by leveling. There aren't enough new things. I want to just get my ability instead of building it in a tree.

That's insane to me. "We had this baseline" no you didn't you had it at level 18 and you get it at level 13 now

Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    BFA and SL had no substances thought, in BFA it was just grind azerite for neck, grind azerite gear, grind pearls in nazjatar and grind corruptions in 8.3. in SL you had to grind the maw which is litterly the worst zone blizzard have ever made for many reasons, not even desolace is as bland as the maw. SL was another huge grind, anima and other useless things that you had to grind. so in the end, there might been things to do, but none of them were fun. Wotlk and cata might not had "much to do" but it was a different philosophy, you played as much as you wanted and taking breaks wasnt anything bad. now they do everything to keep you in the game 24/7 which just been pushing people away.

You can have massive game with unlimited things to do, but if the majority of the people dont like to do those things it doesnt matter. Also last thing, the subs kept rising in wotlk, it wasnt until the HC dungeons in cata where subs started to fall due people not enjoying the content.
    It's right that many of those activities lacked substance, but they still existed. In Dragonflight you're back to to world quest and that's about it if you don't raid or do Mythic+. That's not good enough when we compare the (side) activities to Legion, BfA or Shadowlands.

Mentality of players has changed and the "less is more" approach of earlier expansions isn't fitting the zeitgeist of recent WoW expansions. Having bad content is better than having no content. That's why Islands, Warfronts and Torghast, even while universally disliked, were better to have than nothing. And that might become a big problem for Dragonflight.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    We get ducks, it's the only thing I'm excited about.

No, I'm not even joking.

also, as the dragon player-models are so shit looking, just scrap them n replace them with ducks.

I want my duck paladin naow! QUACK!

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-07-12 at 07:02 AM.