Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I wanna complete the game 100%, and the less stuff to collect, the better for me. I was almost 100% in Cataclysm (except for a few top rating arena achievements), and been trying to do it all. It does affect me, cause it's stressful and overwhelming when there are too many collectibles.

Also, I never understood just going for a few collectibles, you either don't care at all or go for 100%, only that makes sense :O
    You need go immediately seek therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Now I have to wait for DragonFlop to see dragons with wings... having to ride dragons with wings in order to be able to fly.
    the hell you are on about? if you mean dragonriding dracthyr can do that without mount...
    afaik they cant just upgrade it, at least for now
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-20 at 07:09 PM.

Everyone here has a very skewed viewpoint on how gaming, the industry and how the actual player base playing the game works. I suggest yall tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by Greasygob View Post
    Everyone here has a very skewed viewpoint on how gaming, the industry and how the actual player base playing the game works. I suggest yall tune in.
    The way the actual player base works is like 95% of them are now ex-players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    95%
    That's a rather vast overstatement.

This is actually going to be the expansion I might drop inscription for mining

The professions are insane and the elemental shaman getting two charges of stormkeeper means I found my first alt

If this thread has shown one thing it's that people don't like changing opinions and will sit and argue with no intention of meaningful discussion like "professions will be boring and there won't be any reason to have someone else craft for you because it will be so cheap but also expensive"

4 months till release

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I wanna complete the game 100%, and the less stuff to collect, the better for me. I was almost 100% in Cataclysm (except for a few top rating arena achievements), and been trying to do it all. It does affect me, cause it's stressful and overwhelming when there are too many collectibles.

Also, I never understood just going for a few collectibles, you either don't care at all or go for 100%, only that makes sense :O
    Oh god it's "the game needs to stop adding stuff because I can't handle it"

No thank you
    However I have heard of magical secret versions of the game that stop at a point in time

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    That's a rather vast overstatement.
    Not really. They've said 100M+ accounts have been created in WoW over the years (and that stat was from a couple of expansions ago).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not really. They've said 100M+ accounts have been created in WoW over the years (and that stat was from a couple of expansions ago).
    Wouldn't those have peaked in Vanilla-WotLK, meaning that the main statement you made isn't strictly valid and that WoW simply has low player retention overall?

At least it's not pandas.

Wouldn't those have peaked in Vanilla-WotLK, meaning that the main statement you made isn't strictly valid and that WoW simply has low player retention overall?
    It also makes it sound worse than it is. Look at any game and tell me what % of ppl are still playing it. Mmos, single player games, fps, mobas. I imagine its similar for all of them. U buy a game, try it out, leave it. The fact that they've entertained some ppl for 18 years straight is pretty amazing

that stat was from early pandaria if i remember corectly, and its VERY likely most of them were from vanila-wrath period, so yeah, wow had shitty retention since begining, it didnt suddenly get worse...
    actualy, given that some old players would leave anyway (some people just cant grasp that others might have different things going on in their lives, other than WoW ) it might even got better, kinda hard to say without any reliable current data
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-21 at 03:27 PM.

What? That number is the cumulative number of accounts that have ever been created. It cannot "peak", since it's cumulative. It increases monotonically with time.

As mentioned, that number was from MoP. More recently, mmo-population (yeah, yeah) puts the number above 120 M. Since the game likely has a current number of accounts in the low millions, we get the 95% estimate. Granted, the cumulative number includes trial and bot accounts, but even without those the number is likely in excess of 40 M at this point (giving ~90% ex-players.)
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2022-07-21 at 05:25 PM.

Lol nothing can beat pandaria in terms of boredom, i.e. world of dailies in da dooker

Quote Originally Posted by AppleWhiskey View Post
    Lol nothing can beat pandaria in terms of boredom, i.e. world of dailies in da dooker
    that was kinda taken care of quickly though but it was a big issue

at least there was story to it though and in some cases it was fun compared to shadowlands in ZM where its "hey remember that guy you killed 20 times?? yeah kill him again"

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    that was kinda taken care of quickly though but it was a big issue

at least there was story to it though and in some cases it was fun compared to shadowlands in ZM where its "hey remember that guy you killed 20 times?? yeah kill him again"
    how was it taken care of quickly lol? timeless isle? they released that at the very end to counter guild wars 2, alongside the jumping puzzles

i can't remember anything from the story in pandalands, my brain shut off at "you're fighting your shalalala bad emotions"

10+ Year Old Account
    except mop fixed world of dailycraft really quickly and had tons of content, and arguably one of the best raids ever TOT. People like to whine about MOP a lot, but the major problem of dailies was answered quickly. It did stick around too long at the end but content wasnt really an issue for the majority of MOP.

As for original topic. I think DF looks great, no major upkeep borrowed power. Talent revamp, largest profession revamp in history of game, a literal time trial minigame, some of the largest zones in the history of the game, its hard to complain about anything yet.

- - - Updated - - -

how was it taken care of quickly lol? timeless isle? they released that at the very end to counter guild wars 2, alongside the jumping puzzles

i can't remember anything from the story in pandalands, my brain shut off at "you're fighting your shalalala bad emotions"
    The requirements of doing all your dailies every day was eased by the first patch, and power grind was redirected into other things. They acknowledged the dailycraft feedback and addressed it very quickly.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

7+ Year Old Account
    How is this thread 30 pages?

Don't like it..don't play it...really simple, and heres the special thing about that you don't even need to talk about it all

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    except mop fixed world of dailycraft really quickly and had tons of content, and arguably one of the best raids ever TOT. People like to whine about MOP a lot, but the major problem of dailies was answered quickly. It did stick around too long at the end but content wasnt really an issue for the majority of MOP.

As for original topic. I think DF looks great, no major upkeep borrowed power. Talent revamp, largest profession revamp in history of game, a literal time trial minigame, some of the largest zones in the history of the game, its hard to complain about anything yet.
    quickly? tons of content?
    Care to gives examples?
    Are you talking about timeless isle they hamfisted at the very end to counter guild wars 2's open world events?

Throne of thunder a good raid? Is this sarcasm day or something? What was good about that raid besides the troll bosses at the start?
    The only good raid in that expansion was SOO.

10+ Year Old Account
    quickly? tons of content?
    Care to gives examples?
    Are you talking about timeless isle they hamfisted at the very end to counter guild wars 2's open world events?

Throne of thunder a good raid? Is this sarcasm day or something? What was good about that raid besides the troll bosses at the start?
    The only good raid in that expansion was SOO.
    TOT is considered by many to be one of the top 5 best raids, and Thunderking one of the best designed fights.

As for content, the first patch introduced the offensives and brawlers guild and several scenarios. The second gave us Isle of Thunder with content to do every day. The third gave us a new bg and arena, as well as heroic scenarios and new scenarios. And the final gave us SOO and Timeless Isle with tons of gear catch up for alts. Just cause you dont like something, doesnt mean it lacked content.

Mist had a significant amount of content each patch, and daily quests were only a big deal at the very beginning.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    How is this thread 30 pages?

Don't like it..don't play it...really simple, and heres the special thing about that you don't even need to talk about it all
    Exactly this. This topic is just an echo chamber of "I don't play anymore but I come here to bitch and complain because I need validation in my life."