Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its obvious Blizzard can't do anything right because they will do what everything MMO-champion wants them too, but then turn around and say its boring, uninspired, and garbage. I wish you could make this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    This thread is the purest distillation of toxic mmochamp posts I have ever seen.
    Its beautiful in all is horror.
    it really is!

Smile Right in the feels

Quote Originally Posted by Daye View Post
    As someone that returned to wow at 9.2.5 launch, after quitting in 2017 during Legion, I have loved every aspect of the game. In roughly 2.5 months I've managed to level two characters 60 (I believe I started around 45-50 on each), complete the full story and a single covenant campaign on both, and get both ilvl to 250 by only doing LFR and ZM gearing routes. I'm now investigating which class/spec combo I want to do next while unlocking all the allied races from BfA. This is completely foreign to me as even back in 2017 it felt difficult to maintain multiple characters without significant time investment in dungeons and raids, which soaked up most "extra" time for alt progression.

However, through communication and forum threads, I'm learning that this has not always been the SL experience, and is rather unique post 9.2. What a shame that is as I can't imagine slogging through The Maw, Korthia, and Covenant content for 1.5 years chasing anima and minor covenant upgrades. I do hope the experience is more open and refined early in DF but part of late expansion systems feeling "right" is that it takes time to master tuning and balance. My expectation as a player is Dragonflight will be similar, but not at the fault of the developers but more because this is the natural life cycle of design. And while I expect the developers to listen to the player base, I also expect exciting new design that shows they are still interested in the product they dreamed up 23+ years ago and not just letting players decide what's next. I fell in love with WoW because of the game they created and while there are many things I want, most important overall is to maintain the sense of awe and wonder that has, for the most part, always existed when playing the game. I still get excited when treasures or rares require a special sequence or mini-game to unlock. My 10 year old son will sit next to me watching and say "wow that's incredible how they did that and do you think many people figured it out??" What a fantastic experience planting seeds for future gaming design and development. That's the wow I want more than anything so show me some secret/unexpected stuff and let me give my feedback on how it's working.

I'm hopeful however given the transparency so far that the developers are learning to move away from gated, convoluted systems and more toward accessible content and character power. Design a world that is completely open and offers rewards that match our goals. For me, my immediate goal is to experience as many class and specs as I can through DF while mastering the new systems and discovering the Dragon Isles. My son and I are very slowly leveling alts together so he can experience Dragonflight on release. We're reading quests, exploring caves, taking detours I know lead nowhere, climbing mountains, discovering treasures, and dueling just about everyone we see (not the thrill I'm after but whatever he enjoys PvP)... the same type of stuff I was addicted to in 2005 he is experiencing now and can't wait to see what Blizzard is going to offer later this year.

Now I just need to find a guild with similar passion for the game with members that log in, communicate with one another, and group for content. That's all I'm missing at this point
    On board with you 100% as I tend to have that same experience with Destiny 2 all these years and Wow, but my daughter isn't as interested in Wow as she is Destiny 2. What caught my attention with your post was the very last thing you mentioned, "Now I just need to find a guild with a similar passion for the game wtih members that log in, communicate with one another, and group for content. That's all I'm missing at this point" Oh you have no idea how true that is even in Destiny 2.

My better half and I play Wow, just started back up. My last huge play time was during Legion running warlock the entire expansion but as it stands right now my interest in getting back to my legion excitement isn't there, feels off, messy, convoluted content, raider io crowd, just not needed, non of this content is needed. Lets get back to the basics of having fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yes, I also cannot take criticism on a public forum when I put thoughts/opinions/statements out there to be criticized by others.
    I don't care about criticism, I get nothing but criticism here it seems, but it's quite a bit of difference between "you are wrong and stupid" and "I'm gonna find out where you live and kill you"...
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hangup is BFA and SL, like rare mounts, raid xmog, islans, anima stuff (prolly need 500k more anima), korthis stuff, ZM stuff, also some stuff from legion like paragon mounts. Vanilla to WoD im like 99% in each.

But the last 2-3 expansions have been insane for collectors.

Not gonna link armory, i get enough hate and threats here dont need it ingame.
    OK so I'm going to assume you just recently started because I barely play and completed most of ZM and a majority of collectibles from previous expansions usually happen once the expansion is two behind so BfA starts in DF

- - - Updated - - -

I don't care about criticism, I get nothing but criticism here it seems, but it's quite a bit of difference between "you are wrong and stupid" and "I'm gonna find out where you live and kill you"...
    Yes because a screenshot of your collections tab gives your address

I wanna complete the game 100%, and the less stuff to collect, the better for me. I was almost 100% in Cataclysm (except for a few top rating arena achievements), and been trying to do it all. It does affect me, cause it's stressful and overwhelming when there are too many collectibles.

Also, I never understood just going for a few collectibles, you either don't care at all or go for 100%, only that makes sense :O
    As I said: Set your priorities straight and adjust your demand alongside your possibilities and the effort you'd like to spend. It's that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    OK so I'm going to assume you just recently started because I barely play and completed most of ZM and a majority of collectibles from previous expansions usually happen once the expansion is two behind so BfA starts in DF

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because a screenshot of your collections tab gives your address
    That's where you notice that he's compensating for things no one even cares about, really. He just wants to complain and he doesn't even know, why.

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    As I said: Set your priorities straight and adjust your demand alongside your possibilities and the effort you'd like to spend. It's that easy.

- - - Updated - - -

That's where you notice that he's compensating for things no one even cares about, really. He just wants to complain and he doesn't even know, why.
    Because he's just being a troll
    It's fun to try and get a troll to explain the viewpoint they don't even have

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Boring is good. I'll take that to enforced busywork that just leads to me not logging in at all. If I can play during the weekend and actually feel like I'm finished and log out... I view that as a positive. I can find something else to do. And I won't resent the game for disrespecting my time.
    Your mistake is believing there is only one type of boredom

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Yes, I also cannot take criticism on a public forum when I put thoughts/opinions/statements out there to be criticized by others.
    God damn you're an idiot. Absolute imbecile. People don't post their opinions solely to get abused by everyone. Learn some decency and perhaps everyone will get along more nicely, but that's not your aim. you got what you wanted.

I’m honestly not impressed. Compare what wow is putting out to what ff14 and eso is, and it’s laughable. Eso and ff14 drop more per patch than WoW does with a new expac it feels like.

Should have had 3 new classes. 5 new races. Complete profession overhauls. Morality system that allows people to be good or evil. Player housing, etc

At this point, wow even feels behind swtor in terms of quality new content and swtor isn’t exactly doing hot since 7.0

The team leading wow cannot fix it, they are the ones who have dismantled it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tobeh View Post
    What would do it before you? Like what would really matter. Do you want player housing?
    Everyone wants player housing. It’s 15 years overdue. Literally, every other mmorpg has housing. All the way from EverQuest to ff14/eso… housing and guild halls are a key part of any mmorpg

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m honestly not impressed. Compare what wow is putting out to what ff14 and eso is, and it’s laughable. Eso and ff14 drop more per patch than WoW does with a new expac it feels like.

Should have had 3 new classes. 5 new races. Complete profession overhauls. Morality system that allows people to be good or evil. Player housing, etc

At this point, wow even feels behind swtor in terms of quality new content and swtor isn’t exactly doing hot since 7.0

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone wants player housing. It’s 15 years overdue. Literally, every other mmorpg has housing. All the way from EverQuest to ff14/eso… housing and guild halls are a key part of any mmorpg
    I don't want housing. And everything you said the other games are adding sounds stupid as hell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I don't want housing. And everything you said the other games are adding sounds stupid as hell lol.
    YOU don't want housing. 99.99% of MMORPG players do, and have since the days of MUDs. WoW is literally the only MMORPG that doesn't offer housing, and it's a shame because the artwork is done already. Convert old raids into guild homes, sell homes on the wow store like ESO for holiday events, give people a reason to do old raids by unlocking cosmetics and furniture items, etc.

There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.

Name me an MMORPG that doesn't offer housing... it's just WoW basically.

- - - Updated - - -

It's fine. You are comparing FF and SWTOR to WoW - supposedly the killers.

Kinda tells how biased you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU don't want housing. 99.99% of MMORPG players do, and have since the days of MUDs. WoW is literally the only MMORPG that doesn't offer housing, and it's a shame because the artwork is done already. Convert old raids into guild homes, sell homes on the wow store like ESO for holiday events, give people a reason to do old raids by unlocking cosmetics and furniture items, etc.

There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.

Yep. This is one of those rare things that, even if done poorly, should be done.

Although I'm sure many will just say that WoW has housing already with garrisons. And they're not entirely wrong.

99.99% ? Are you sure? You sound confident lol. Id love for you to prove that lmao but you can't. So ill just disregard.

Even then - every MMO with housing - performs historically worse than WoW.

What is the pitch here - sell the idea. That housing transforms WoW to dimensional levels of the unseen?

3+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... Go play the other MMOs that have housing then? "most wow players want housing"? I doubt this. Cite your source for that comment?

Go to your Garrison bro.

The vocal minority on MMOCHAMP is not "most of wow players".

Honestly, I dont even think theres many / if any people who straight up dont want housing. I think "most" people just dont care either way.. lol
    Last edited by Recovery; 2022-07-26 at 02:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    Not every expansion needs a big and flashy last boss or big advanced systems.. i for one love the idea of going back to the basics of what made wow into what it is and reworking the core experience of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

What is the pitch here - sell the idea. That housing transforms WoW to dimensional levels of the unseen?
    Ion stated they want to look to old content and explore methods of making it relevant again. "Evergreen" as it were. Housing is a perfect way to accomplish this.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.
    Oh you have population numbers now too? Can you post them for us to see?