Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I mean... Go play the other MMOs that have housing then? "most wow players want housing"? I doubt this. Cite your source for that comment?

Go to your Garrison bro.

The vocal minority on MMOCHAMP is not "most of wow players".

Honestly, I dont even think theres many people who straight up dont want housing. I think "most" people just dont care either way.. lol
    That's the problem - I personally know a significant amount of people over in FFXIV, EVE, and ESO that would still be playing WoW instead if WoW didn't become so hyperfocused on eSports content. WoW players, and effectively Blizzard themselves, have been saying "Go play X if you want Y" for nearly two decades. The problem for WoW is that people actually listened to that advice.

So of the remaining playerbase, I wouldn't be surprised if a minority of players still wanted housing or other features that aren't "legitimate" in the eyes of the developers. And that's because so many have already been driven away, even if they still love the franchise and would gladly return if they felt their desires and playstyles were given a modicum of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Oh you have population numbers now too? Can you post them for us to see?
    They are out there for you to see and are easy to find. Hell, osrs has more players than wow does currently.

How about this nugget… the eso expac trailer released last month has 2-3x the views and activity of WoW Df trailer, despite the wow trailer having a 6 month head start

You’re deluding yourself if you don’t think housing in wow would be a big hit

Sell homes and furniture like eso, and WoW store would make more cash in a single year off housing than they have the store combined over its lifetime. Housing is the #1 most requested feature for WoW since it’s launchv
    Last edited by justandulas; 2022-07-26 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    Any proof of this? If you had said XIV has more players than WoW I could find that plausible. But ESO seems unlikely.
    ESO has the advantage of being available across all platforms. ESO has (rightfully) exploded in popularity over the last year or 2

Edit: it’s also b2p and doesn’t require a sub so it has a ton of monthly users across all platforms
    Last edited by justandulas; 2022-07-26 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardhuntr View Post
    As long as no crazy new systems, it might end up putting wow back on track. I've tried to help several new people get into WoW, and they've all reported that the systems in shadowlands are too much after already levelling, and that they will never catch up
    I quit in s1 and came back 2 weeks ago. I had everything done the first reset, including lvl 80 renown and unity while also getting one 278 in vault.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    WoW players, and effectively Blizzard themselves, have been saying "Go play X if you want Y" for nearly two decades. The problem for WoW is that people actually listened to that advice.
    no its not, they play the game they want while they dont try to transform wow into game they would like but we wouldnt...
    leaving the game you dont like is not a problem its a SOLUTION, thats actualy why there are different games, bcs people like different things, if everybody loved the same there would be one massive game and everybody hapily playing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    And that's because so many have already been driven away, even if they still love the franchise and would gladly return if they felt their desires and playstyles were given a modicum of respect.
    so if they game is transformed into something THEY personaly like they would return... and fuck everybody who doesnt want that right?
    i mean i could like football, if they maed the pitch smaller, teams too, allow full contact of players and use of hands but... then it wouldnt be football and im pretty sure football fans wouldnt like it at all... so maybe, just MAYBE, ill watch different game thats more like what i described and let football fans enjoy their fun instead of being selfish dick trying to change it to my preference... but thats me

btw "so many" is such a weird phrase when you have no goddamn clue how many people is there and why those who left (or came in) did so...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-26 at 02:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Any proof of this? If you had said XIV has more players than WoW I could find that plausible. But ESO seems unlikely.
    Don’t expect any proof people have been saying the same thing since 2020, at best you’ll get a link to mmopopulation or some other site who just makes up numbers based on Reddit.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    ESO has the advantage of being available across all platforms. ESO has (rightfully) exploded in popularity over the last year or 2

Edit: it’s also b2p and doesn’t require a sub so it has a ton of monthly users across all platforms
    you seem confused, he asked for PROOF, he meant something like official player count, which we dont have for wow, or FF14, and probably (not sure there) for ESO either...
    so to use your phrase I don't want to burst your bubble but thats just your opinion, not a fact...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-07-26 at 03:21 PM.

His source: Trust me bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Your mistake is believing there is only one type of boredom

- - - Updated - - -

God damn you're an idiot. Absolute imbecile. People don't post their opinions solely to get abused by everyone. Learn some decency and perhaps everyone will get along more nicely, but that's not your aim. you got what you wanted.

^Another example of my post… and ironically, yours.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-07-26 at 03:22 PM.

The sad part is Blizzard is expecting talents and profession talents to hold the playerbase. There has been absolutely zero talk about end game content other than "there's a raid" and "we're making you go back to 4 old dungeons for M+ even though literally nobody asked or wants this". Professions aren't going to hold players to the game, Dragonflight will fail, just be ready for that and don't act surprised when it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Dragonflight is literally Shadowlands with a WOTLK paintjob. you're fucking absolutely right it'll be the most boring expansion ever. Thank the crackhead devs.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Dragonflight is literally Shadowlands with a WOTLK paintjob. you're fucking absolutely right it'll be the most boring expansion ever. Thank the crackhead devs.
    Let’s see, lack of covenants, no craftable legendary’s, no forces Torghast, no limited entry zones like the maw, sure is lacking a lot of shadowlands features to be literally shadowlands.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    His source: Trust me bro.
    By all means, explain how ESO new expac trailer has generated 3x as many views on YT in a month as WoWF trailer, even tho DF had a 6 month head start on it

Or any of the other population metrics that show wow classic is more popular than retail. Or how ff14 has more players/raiders. Etc. Not a single metric is in wow retails favor. None.

There’s tons of evidence out there, you just have to read between the lines. Blizz will never again release sub#’s out of embarrassment
    Last edited by justandulas; 2022-07-26 at 05:11 PM.

1+ Year Old Account
    I really hate this thread because nothing being said is logical. Everyone who hates retail just comes here to voice why the game sucks and how nothing Blizzard does matters. Please get help. This isn’t healthy. If you don’t like the game it’s time to move on.

They are out there for you to see and are easy to find. Hell, osrs has more players than wow does currently.

How about this nugget… the eso expac trailer released last month has 2-3x the views and activity of WoW Df trailer, despite the wow trailer having a 6 month head start

Sell homes and furniture like eso, and WoW store would make more cash in a single year off housing than they have the store combined over its lifetime. Housing is the #1 most requested feature for WoW since it’s launchv
    Where did you find them then? Because I would love to hear the hilarious website you got them off of. Please for the love of god tell me you’re talking about mmopopulation.com or whatever is. Oh god that would be hilarious

By all means, explain how ESO new expac trailer has generated 3x as many views on YT in a month as WoWF trailer, even tho DF had a 6 month head start on it

Or any of the other population metrics that show wow classic is more popular than retail. Or how ff14 has more players/raiders. Etc. Not a single metric is in wow retails favor. None.

There’s tons of evidence out there, you just have to read between the lines. Blizz will never again release sub#’s out of embarrassment
    We are simply asking you to go ahead and post your sources. Should be simple since its "everywhere" right?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    We are simply asking you to go ahead and post your sources. Should be simple since its "everywhere" right?
    Raid logs, YouTube likes/views, mmopopulation, and plenty more exist. Read between the lines. It’s up to you whether you wanna believe the evidence or live in make believe.

Blizz will never release subs again, so you have to read between the lines.

Ff14 has more active raids and players logged, classic wow does too. Osrs is the most played mmorpg on the planet, and I believe even lost ark tops wow now. ESO can generate 3x the clicks in a single month than WoW trailer has in half a year

Wow retail is about as bad of shape as it’s ever been and wow DF isn’t exactly bringing the hype. Even wotlk has more clicks and attention on it

Bretons trailer has the same amount as the DF trailer unless you are talking about the one released a month ago which has double the views of those trailers

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Bretons trailer has the same amount as the DF trailer unless you are talking about the one released a month ago which has double the views of those trailers
    Double, my mistake. Either way, it’s been a month and it generated twice the views as wow DF did in half a year. That’s a major clue right there about ESO population.

ESO is trending on the right direction after years of excellent dev work.

I’m a diehard WoW fan. I once drove 3000 miles for the first blizzcon. I’d really love to be able to say wow retail was doing great and DF looks great… but I simply can’t. It feels a decade behind the other mmorpgs out there in many ways.

I want WoW to succeed and be #1 but it’s clear this current dev team, and their plan to turn WoW into seasonal mmo d3, aren’t working for the vast majority of WoW players who’ve walked away

Hell, classic wow has more active raiders by a significant margin.

Double, my mistake. Either way, it’s been a month and it generated twice the views as wow DF did in half a year. That’s a major clue right there about ESO population.

ESO is trending on the right direction after years of excellent dev work.

I’m a diehard WoW fan. I once drove 3000 miles for the first blizzcon. I’d really love to be able to say wow retail was doing great and DF looks great… but I simply can’t. It feels a decade behind the other mmorpgs out there in many ways.

I want WoW to succeed and be #1 but it’s clear this current dev team, and their plan to turn WoW into seasonal mmo d3, aren’t working for the vast majority of WoW players who’ve walked away

Hell, classic wow has more active raiders by a significant margin.
    I suggest looking at current ESO forums as the next update people are threatening a mass exodus due to combat overhall