Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.
    Highlighted a key part there…..

YOU don't want housing. 99.99% of MMORPG players do, and have since the days of MUDs. WoW is literally the only MMORPG that doesn't offer housing, and it's a shame because the artwork is done already. Convert old raids into guild homes, sell homes on the wow store like ESO for holiday events, give people a reason to do old raids by unlocking cosmetics and furniture items, etc.

There's no reason for WoW not to have housing 10 years ago at this point. Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon so i damn sure know these jokers could have done it years ago if they wanted it.

Name me an MMORPG that doesn't offer housing... it's just WoW basically.
    And 180% want a cheese grater and a bucket of shoelaces for their birthdays.

Statistics are funny things, aren't they?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.
    Then go play them. You sound like you prefer them, and it would take less effort you to just go have fun playing them than it would be to stay around here, repeating the same refrain over and over and over again.

And even if we agreed with you, what do you want us to do about it? People (but certainly not 99.99% of them) have been asking for player housing for a decade or more, and it hasn't happened yet. Apparently we're not the ones that can make it happen.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    People think differently, huh? They have different opinions and ideas?

Wow. That's a deep and cogent argument there, dude.
    Not sure you should be calling anything cogent when you quite clearly did not understand what was actually said.

You can read it again, slowly (use your finger if it helps). Or I think many pages back someone actually explained it for the slow readers, you can look at that, too.

If it's COGENT enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    We are simply asking you to go ahead and post your sources. Should be simple since its "everywhere" right?
    His source is "dude, trust me".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    The announced they are dialling back on that due to the feedback. Maybe something blizz can learn, listening to the community.
    Blizzard does listen to the community. Not caving to your every whine and demand does not = not listening to you.

I don't want to burst your bubble but both FF14 and ESO have, significantly, more active players than WoW does currently. ESO completely dwarfs WoW at the moment in terms of player count.

Housing Gives life to old content via furniture and other housing unlocks people would hunt forever, it gives guilds more of a guildhall and identity, it gives PERSONAL identity to players, it gives a place for blizz to add fun games and activities that don't affect others gameplay, it gives them $ by allowing them to sell themed homes during holidays or events, etc etc.

There is no negative to adding housing to WoW, especially when 90% of the artwork has been done for years now and just would need to be copy/pasted to another setting. Every single raid in WoW could have relevant housing items, and that would make every single bit of content (every raid, 5man, pvp, world content, etc) relevant for life.
    I don't understand - do you have any numbers to back up the claims?

Do you have any evidence on that WoW players moves to FF/ESO(because of i.e housing)? Or do they just stop playing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That's the problem - I personally know a significant amount of people over in FFXIV, EVE, and ESO that would still be playing WoW instead if WoW didn't become so hyperfocused on eSports content. WoW players, and effectively Blizzard themselves, have been saying "Go play X if you want Y" for nearly two decades. The problem for WoW is that people actually listened to that advice.

So of the remaining playerbase, I wouldn't be surprised if a minority of players still wanted housing or other features that aren't "legitimate" in the eyes of the developers. And that's because so many have already been driven away, even if they still love the franchise and would gladly return if they felt their desires and playstyles were given a modicum of respect.
    Blizzard knows you - they have the required data.

They know that they could implement housing tomorrow(if they believed in you) - yet you would go back to FF and complain about why we can't have bunny ears in WoW. Classic flakey behaviour of the impossible customer while wasting resources.

You see - commitment goes both ways. And the majority(committed) is fine without housing. You can come back, when we feel like want housing(if ever) - not when the FF players decides, what we should have in WoW.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-07-28 at 08:49 AM.

DF seems like a continuation of the infinite flight story that is way more intresting than the shameless retconlands. Hopefully they wont mess around with time travel too much because its an easy to fuck up like they did in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Nah it just means everyone you know has the mentality and IQ if a dead rat.
    Imagine lacking self awareness to this level.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    His source is "dude, trust me".

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard does listen to the community. Not caving to your every whine and demand does not = not listening to you.
    Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.
    Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.

Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.
    Vocal minority which is why there were constantly threads and discussions about the restrictions

In terms of them changing it when it made sense in the story we got to that point in 9.0 by the end of the story or by the beginning of 9.1 because hey go help the night fae or go train your recruit there but they still insult you.

What is the story explanation of the conduit changing lock??

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Vocal minority which is why there were constantly threads and discussions about the restrictions

In terms of them changing it when it made sense in the story we got to that point in 9.0 by the end of the story or by the beginning of 9.1 because hey go help the night fae or go train your recruit there but they still insult you.

What is the story explanation of the conduit changing lock??
    The threads are hte same 10-12 people dominating 98% of them, and they don't come anywhere close to any sort of a majority. They are a vocal minority.

Yes it was the story line. NO matter how you try to spin it.

The threads are hte same 10-12 people dominating 98% of them, and they don't come anywhere close to any sort of a majority. They are a vocal minority.

It's not spinning it to say the story had the covenants united in 9.0

Also the soulbind conduit swapping has no story connection

Amazing there is still someone in denial about covenants failing?

It's not spinning it to say the story had the covenants united in 9.0

Also the soulbind conduit swapping has no story connection
    At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.

At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.
    the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Imagine lacking self awareness to this level.
    I have full self awareness. Others do not.

"we were roght to ask for this and blizzard is not doing it because they are dumb and just care for their pay2win and retcons and..."

seriously? why do you guys love to hate so much?

Take a few steps back, ignore for a few seconds whatever you heard in this video or that stream and check informations and communications made by blizzard. Try and understand the goal of what they do. It's not complicated and a lot of people on this forum are actually opened to discuss it and share the information.

But hell... you've got to listen and allow yourself to quit the repeat mode in which you currently are...

The retcons in shadowlands? still trying to find any. Bringing context to a past event is not a retcon. Otherwise MoP is only retcon.
    Housing can be done in an afternoon of work by a single person? just get real and do something one afternoon in your life then come back to the conversation...
    People are leaving wow for FF? ok good, they should get some perspective on what other mmos do good, bad, better or worse than wow. They should taste and experiment with other types of gameplay, communities and dev communication.
    people stay in other mmos because of the lack of housing in wow? you don't even know how many people played both games let alone if people in ff do play with housing a lot, daily or weekly. stop saying things you have no clue about

This thread really needs a step up in quality. There are things to be improved in wow, housing would be great, but honestly I've yet to see a single game that pulls it off well except for games designed around this (animal crossing, sims, etc.).

But the thread is supposed to be focused on how next expansion is a let down. Which I'm not agreeing with because dragon riding, talent trees and profession upgrade are good enough for me to be excited about it.

Though there are still obscure areas that I would be very interested to see some light shined upon. The key players motive to go to the dragon isles, the character motivation, or faction motivation etc.

The game still doesn't take the time to give better armor models to players. no coat-like armor (like the kul tiran npcs), no robes like jaina's, etc.

not a lot of information on some outdoor activities except for dragon riding challenges. I would love for a mop scenari-bfa island LFG activities as well. I don't know how they could integrate this well enough for it to be interesting but not feel mandatory, but there it is.

the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"
    After the covenants joined forces at the end of the 9.1 campaign.I mispoke when I said 9.0, it was actually 9.1. LOL it was nowhere near "far after it".

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have full self awareness. Others do not.
    Your statement was just stupid man. The irony was sublime though, how can one be so dense yet manage to somehow output comedy genious?

Occam's Razor is rarely wrong in my humble opinion, the chances that your IQ is to the left of the big ole nipple are actually quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.
    Oh, lord, this sounds dreadful to me. *I was a tank during Wrath, so finding a group was always easy. I would not look forward to the constant whispers and spam trade messages looking for tanks and healers...