Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.
    Vocal minority which is why there were constantly threads and discussions about the restrictions

In terms of them changing it when it made sense in the story we got to that point in 9.0 by the end of the story or by the beginning of 9.1 because hey go help the night fae or go train your recruit there but they still insult you.

What is the story explanation of the conduit changing lock??

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Vocal minority which is why there were constantly threads and discussions about the restrictions

In terms of them changing it when it made sense in the story we got to that point in 9.0 by the end of the story or by the beginning of 9.1 because hey go help the night fae or go train your recruit there but they still insult you.

What is the story explanation of the conduit changing lock??
    The threads are hte same 10-12 people dominating 98% of them, and they don't come anywhere close to any sort of a majority. They are a vocal minority.

Yes it was the story line. NO matter how you try to spin it.

The threads are hte same 10-12 people dominating 98% of them, and they don't come anywhere close to any sort of a majority. They are a vocal minority.

It's not spinning it to say the story had the covenants united in 9.0

Also the soulbind conduit swapping has no story connection

Amazing there is still someone in denial about covenants failing?

It's not spinning it to say the story had the covenants united in 9.0

Also the soulbind conduit swapping has no story connection
    At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.

At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.
    the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Imagine lacking self awareness to this level.
    I have full self awareness. Others do not.

"we were roght to ask for this and blizzard is not doing it because they are dumb and just care for their pay2win and retcons and..."

seriously? why do you guys love to hate so much?

Take a few steps back, ignore for a few seconds whatever you heard in this video or that stream and check informations and communications made by blizzard. Try and understand the goal of what they do. It's not complicated and a lot of people on this forum are actually opened to discuss it and share the information.

But hell... you've got to listen and allow yourself to quit the repeat mode in which you currently are...

The retcons in shadowlands? still trying to find any. Bringing context to a past event is not a retcon. Otherwise MoP is only retcon.
    Housing can be done in an afternoon of work by a single person? just get real and do something one afternoon in your life then come back to the conversation...
    People are leaving wow for FF? ok good, they should get some perspective on what other mmos do good, bad, better or worse than wow. They should taste and experiment with other types of gameplay, communities and dev communication.
    people stay in other mmos because of the lack of housing in wow? you don't even know how many people played both games let alone if people in ff do play with housing a lot, daily or weekly. stop saying things you have no clue about

This thread really needs a step up in quality. There are things to be improved in wow, housing would be great, but honestly I've yet to see a single game that pulls it off well except for games designed around this (animal crossing, sims, etc.).

But the thread is supposed to be focused on how next expansion is a let down. Which I'm not agreeing with because dragon riding, talent trees and profession upgrade are good enough for me to be excited about it.

Though there are still obscure areas that I would be very interested to see some light shined upon. The key players motive to go to the dragon isles, the character motivation, or faction motivation etc.

The game still doesn't take the time to give better armor models to players. no coat-like armor (like the kul tiran npcs), no robes like jaina's, etc.

not a lot of information on some outdoor activities except for dragon riding challenges. I would love for a mop scenari-bfa island LFG activities as well. I don't know how they could integrate this well enough for it to be interesting but not feel mandatory, but there it is.

the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"
    After the covenants joined forces at the end of the 9.1 campaign.I mispoke when I said 9.0, it was actually 9.1. LOL it was nowhere near "far after it".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I have full self awareness. Others do not.
    Your statement was just stupid man. The irony was sublime though, how can one be so dense yet manage to somehow output comedy genious?

Occam's Razor is rarely wrong in my humble opinion, the chances that your IQ is to the left of the big ole nipple are actually quite high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.
    Oh, lord, this sounds dreadful to me. *I was a tank during Wrath, so finding a group was always easy. I would not look forward to the constant whispers and spam trade messages looking for tanks and healers...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Oh, lord, this sounds dreadful to me. *I was a tank during Wrath, so finding a group was always easy. I would not look forward to the constant whispers and spam trade messages looking for tanks and healers...
    Not sure what you're saying. I'm all for a group finder, just not a cross-realm one. If Blizzard actually took care of their realms/servers it wouldn't be a problem finding groups.

Not sure what you're saying. I'm all for a group finder, just not a cross-realm one. If Blizzard actually took care of their realms/servers it wouldn't be a problem finding groups.
    Meh idk about this tbh. I have been on probably the only server to consistently stay 50/50 as well as being a high population server this whole time and finding groups is still annoying as hell. Even if you’re a healer. It has nothing to do with the social aspect or server balance it all just revolves around spamming global chats in order to hope you find that one role you are looking for in a group. The only way to get around this is to be apart of a guild who has a decent amount of players who are looking to do similar content you are trying to do.

I’m not a die hard “dungeon finder tool needs to be in the game” kind of person because I will adapt and roll a tank/healing/dps class in order to fill the spots better but I don’t think the issue has anything to do with server health (unless of course you’re a player on a dead ass server then yeah that’s a big part of your issue). But that issue still exists if you’re on a healthy server as well.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon
    please, do, and post results here, tools are definitely available online, so dont let anything hold you back after all its just one afternoon, surely you can spend one afternoon less on MAKING UP statistics and do something productive to show us we are wrong and you are not full of shit...

- - - Updated - - -

They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.
    game offers more opportunities to be social than before, its PEOPLE who are willingly less social, they are to "blame" not the game...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Then go play them. You sound like you prefer them, and it would take less effort you to just go have fun playing them than it would be to stay around here, repeating the same refrain over and over and over again.
    its defense mechanism for their insecurity, its like when you cant stand your ex being happy without you, you will have to constantly whine about her/him to make yourself feel better

I don't think you can have an effective group finder tool that is realm specific unless you blow up the realm populations far beyond what they are today or have been historically.

You can't have everything you want, unfortunately, or, at least, the cure is worse than the disease.

If you remove cross realm group finder, you're going to need significantly larger realm populations on most realms. That means sharding/phasing, or else you get into performance degradation and excessive player competition for resources/mobs.

People were constantly complaining, on this site and others, back before cross realm LFG, that the lack of tanks & healers was going to kill the game. I don't know how you think Blizzard can take "Care of their realms/servers..." in a way that they haven't already tried that would get better results.

This is based off of my experience from tanking in Wrath. This is my experience playing near the beginning of TBC classic, as a DPS. It took HOURS sometimes to get a group for the daily heroic as a DPS. And this was at the BEGINNING of the expansion, when you would expect interest to be the highest.

After the covenants joined forces at the end of the 9.1 campaign.I mispoke when I said 9.0, it was actually 9.1. LOL it was nowhere near "far after it".
    The covenants ended up coming together through the 9.0 campaigns or is it just "yeah we'll help you out but you are still garbage and awful"

What magical story happened to make soulbind restrictions disappear

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Everyone wants player housing. It’s 15 years overdue. Literally, every other mmorpg has housing. All the way from EverQuest to ff14/eso… housing and guild halls are a key part of any mmorpg
    Real question - What is the benefit of player houses or guild halls, other than that people want it? Like, what's the game play/experience value?

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.
    You have selective memory here. There was a 50/50 split of people whining about cov swapping and people whining about the people whining because they liked the fact that there was a choice in the game that had consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You have selective memory here. There was a 50/50 split of people whining about cov swapping and people whining about the people whining because they liked the fact that there was a choice in the game that had consequences.
    That was a fucking dark time on the MMO-Champ forums, the hundreds of pages of people REEing back and forth about whether it was a good or bad thing that covenants were a lock in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That was a fucking dark time on the MMO-Champ forums, the hundreds of pages of people REEing back and forth about whether it was a good or bad thing that covenants were a lock in.
    I don't think it was 50/50 it was raiders desperately warning derps that they are shooting themselves in the foot as the derps screamed " muh rpg"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Real question - What is the benefit of player houses or guild halls, other than that people want it? Like, what's the game play/experience value?
    You can argue it opens up new options for achievements that offer cosmetic rewards but for the most art it's a rather minor game play element.

Had the same issue in guild wars the guild islands looked cool but really were never used.