Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ...
26
34
35
36
37
38
... LastLast
  1. #701
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Oh, lord, this sounds dreadful to me. *I was a tank during Wrath, so finding a group was always easy. I would not look forward to the constant whispers and spam trade messages looking for tanks and healers...
    Not sure what you're saying. I'm all for a group finder, just not a cross-realm one. If Blizzard actually took care of their realms/servers it wouldn't be a problem finding groups.

  2. #702
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Not sure what you're saying. I'm all for a group finder, just not a cross-realm one. If Blizzard actually took care of their realms/servers it wouldn't be a problem finding groups.
    Meh idk about this tbh. I have been on probably the only server to consistently stay 50/50 as well as being a high population server this whole time and finding groups is still annoying as hell. Even if you’re a healer. It has nothing to do with the social aspect or server balance it all just revolves around spamming global chats in order to hope you find that one role you are looking for in a group. The only way to get around this is to be apart of a guild who has a decent amount of players who are looking to do similar content you are trying to do.

    I’m not a die hard “dungeon finder tool needs to be in the game” kind of person because I will adapt and roll a tank/healing/dps class in order to fill the spots better but I don’t think the issue has anything to do with server health (unless of course you’re a player on a dead ass server then yeah that’s a big part of your issue). But that issue still exists if you’re on a healthy server as well.

  3. #703
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Hell, i could create housing in WoW in a matter of an afternoon
    please, do, and post results here, tools are definitely available online, so dont let anything hold you back after all its just one afternoon, surely you can spend one afternoon less on MAKING UP statistics and do something productive to show us we are wrong and you are not full of shit...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.
    game offers more opportunities to be social than before, its PEOPLE who are willingly less social, they are to "blame" not the game...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Then go play them. You sound like you prefer them, and it would take less effort you to just go have fun playing them than it would be to stay around here, repeating the same refrain over and over and over again.
    its defense mechanism for their insecurity, its like when you cant stand your ex being happy without you, you will have to constantly whine about her/him to make yourself feel better

  4. #704
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Not sure what you're saying. I'm all for a group finder, just not a cross-realm one. If Blizzard actually took care of their realms/servers it wouldn't be a problem finding groups.
    I don't think you can have an effective group finder tool that is realm specific unless you blow up the realm populations far beyond what they are today or have been historically.

    You can't have everything you want, unfortunately, or, at least, the cure is worse than the disease.

    If you remove cross realm group finder, you're going to need significantly larger realm populations on most realms. That means sharding/phasing, or else you get into performance degradation and excessive player competition for resources/mobs.

    People were constantly complaining, on this site and others, back before cross realm LFG, that the lack of tanks & healers was going to kill the game. I don't know how you think Blizzard can take "Care of their realms/servers..." in a way that they haven't already tried that would get better results.

    This is based off of my experience from tanking in Wrath. This is my experience playing near the beginning of TBC classic, as a DPS. It took HOURS sometimes to get a group for the daily heroic as a DPS. And this was at the BEGINNING of the expansion, when you would expect interest to be the highest.

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    After the covenants joined forces at the end of the 9.1 campaign.I mispoke when I said 9.0, it was actually 9.1. LOL it was nowhere near "far after it".
    The covenants ended up coming together through the 9.0 campaigns or is it just "yeah we'll help you out but you are still garbage and awful"

    What magical story happened to make soulbind restrictions disappear

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Everyone wants player housing. It’s 15 years overdue. Literally, every other mmorpg has housing. All the way from EverQuest to ff14/eso… housing and guild halls are a key part of any mmorpg
    Real question - What is the benefit of player houses or guild halls, other than that people want it? Like, what's the game play/experience value?

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Oh yea that’s right, you have a fair point. The community didn’t have an uproar about covs not swapping during beta, or conduit swapping costs during beta. Was that changed when the feedback was given? No. Was it changed? Yes when they realise we were right.

    Sometimes, just sometimes, when the community is acting as a collective on an issue, maybe it is an issue. Something blizz can learn.
    You have selective memory here. There was a 50/50 split of people whining about cov swapping and people whining about the people whining because they liked the fact that there was a choice in the game that had consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  8. #708
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You have selective memory here. There was a 50/50 split of people whining about cov swapping and people whining about the people whining because they liked the fact that there was a choice in the game that had consequences.
    That was a fucking dark time on the MMO-Champ forums, the hundreds of pages of people REEing back and forth about whether it was a good or bad thing that covenants were a lock in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  9. #709
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    That was a fucking dark time on the MMO-Champ forums, the hundreds of pages of people REEing back and forth about whether it was a good or bad thing that covenants were a lock in.
    I don't think it was 50/50 it was raiders desperately warning derps that they are shooting themselves in the foot as the derps screamed " muh rpg"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Real question - What is the benefit of player houses or guild halls, other than that people want it? Like, what's the game play/experience value?
    You can argue it opens up new options for achievements that offer cosmetic rewards but for the most art it's a rather minor game play element.

    Had the same issue in guild wars the guild islands looked cool but really were never used.

  10. #710
    The topic title doesn't make sense. How can you say it is good, or bad, when it hasn't even been released yet?

  11. #711
    Brewmaster Skylarking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Centrelink
    Posts
    1,266
    The fact that it seems like the most boring expansion ever might be a good thing as crazy as that sounds.

  12. #712
    It sounds boring because there no borrowed power(which is a good thing). Me being able to login and know a clear cut path to progression without extra BS i have to do sounds like a blessing.

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    The topic title doesn't make sense. How can you say it is good, or bad, when it hasn't even been released yet?
    Because the quality of the content being produced is irrelevant. They are actively rallying the troops to storm out in full force, desperately searching for the next buzz phrase to latch onto for their next battle cry of hate.



    You will know when you see it too. TheY wIlL tYpE iTlIkE ThiS

  14. #714
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Real question - What is the benefit of player houses or guild halls, other than that people want it? Like, what's the game play/experience value?
    Because people like playing with dolls.
    Doesn't matter if its Barbie, G.I. Joe or the Sims. People enjoy dressing their characters in cloths and building their dream house.
    The benefit of player housing is the hundreds of hours players spend collecting carpets and furniture to decorate their house with. Which is what Blizzard wants aswell, players spending time in game paying a sub.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  15. #715
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I’m honestly not impressed. Compare what wow is putting out to what ff14 and eso is, and it’s laughable. Eso and ff14 drop more per patch than WoW does with a new expac it feels like.

    Should have had 3 new classes. 5 new races. Complete profession overhauls. Morality system that allows people to be good or evil. Player housing, etc

    At this point, wow even feels behind swtor in terms of quality new content and swtor isn’t exactly doing hot since 7.0

    The team leading wow cannot fix it, they are the ones who have dismantled it

    - - - Updated - - -



    Everyone wants player housing. It’s 15 years overdue. Literally, every other mmorpg has housing. All the way from EverQuest to ff14/eso… housing and guild halls are a key part of any mmorpg
    I don't want player housing. In a game like WoW it doesn't serve any purpose. Based on Wildstar and FF14 it's pointless waste of resources. Only good housing I've seen was in Ultima Online.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I don't want player housing. In a game like WoW it doesn't serve any purpose. Based on Wildstar and FF14 it's pointless waste of resources. Only good housing I've seen was in Ultima Online.
    Not my cup of either, but people go bonkers in FF for customizations. There are very sizeable portion of the playerbase who basically play mostly for the cosmetics. It also feeds into profession system and optional content.

  17. #717
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Not my cup of either, but people go bonkers in FF for customizations. There are very sizeable portion of the playerbase who basically play mostly for the cosmetics. It also feeds into profession system and optional content.
    Sure, and I'm sure I would collect those too, to some degree at least. But my biggest problem is the instanced nature of it, in these "small world" MMO's. Wildstar has been the worst, even if people praised it. It was just a lonely floating island of nothing in the vast void of nothingness. At least FF14 houses are in suburbs and such, but still.

    UO housing was great, because you could actually build a house almost anywhere, it was not instanced in any way and everyone could see your house. Sure these I would go mad if I still played it and someone would break in to my house and steal my stuff, but still.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    UO housing was great, because you could actually build a house almost anywhere, it was not instanced in any way and everyone could see your house. Sure these I would go mad if I still played it and someone would break in to my house and steal my stuff, but still.
    Many features work totally fine in a small setting full of dedicated people super into the experience.

    Yet fail HORRIFICALLY in a giant setting full of mainstream gamer dudes one step away from going full 4chan at the best of times.

    You could not have these things in games like WoW. Period.

  19. #719
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Sure, and I'm sure I would collect those too, to some degree at least. But my biggest problem is the instanced nature of it, in these "small world" MMO's. Wildstar has been the worst, even if people praised it. It was just a lonely floating island of nothing in the vast void of nothingness. At least FF14 houses are in suburbs and such, but still.

    UO housing was great, because you could actually build a house almost anywhere, it was not instanced in any way and everyone could see your house. Sure these I would go mad if I still played it and someone would break in to my house and steal my stuff, but still.
    New world had an interesting concept with their player housing. You would collect things and choose to display them and everything displayed had a score value attached to it. Whichever house had the highest display value would be the house shown in the game world. In WoW this would probably mean every tier/season having higher display values on loot than the previous and the most prestigous house would be some guy showing a combination of the highest rewards from m+/arena/raiding for the current season, but I thought it was interesting in NW at least.

    Edit: The most important things to recognize is that housing is a system that can be added to the game that would be able to be carried forward to new expansions. You could have armor stands where you display collected transmogs. Have your collected pets run around the house. Have followers from previous expansions visit/do cleaning animations/etc. It could tie into the entire game for those interested in the collection aspects and also give cool rewards to people getting things like AOTC achievements where you display some dragon's head or the Jailer's weapon.
    Last edited by Deferionus; 2022-08-02 at 12:52 PM.

  20. #720
    I just think it needs more content. It feels very rushed and shadowlands and bfa didn't exactly build trust.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •