Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    How can it be boring when it isnt even finished and you probably havnt even played it yet? Give them a chance
    Lack of new things to do maybe. All we know about Dragonflight is that it's more dungeons, more raids and more zones. And that might not be enough for people to play it. The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing. And I doubt that they have kept this a secret until now.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    It's a new WoW expansion. There's probably couple of new dungeons and a raid. That'll do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    It's almost like its different a developer with different communication styles. Classes released on varying schedules, give them some time.
    The issue is the frequency/discrepancy of devs insights regarding specific classes is heavily skewed, which gives the impression that certain classes are valued more than others. Even if, say, the Priest developer preferred to work and not discuss changes, they still have gameplay lead overseeing them, and part of that job is to ensure a uniform presentation for every class. It doesn't leave a favorable impression for fans of the neglected classes, which, in turn, leads to disappointment and disinterest.

Hunter has had multiple blue posts on July 15th, a blue post on the 16th, 18th, 20th, 22nd, 29th, 30, and most recently, Aug 5th. Some updates are only a day apart! Now compare that to Paladin - a single, small blue post on July 27th. I understand Hunter released their talents first, but they've had consistent, immediate updates since their feedback thread went live, while Paladin's languishes with only a single post within a similar timeframe (i.e Hunter has had roughly 10 updates in two weeks since their talents dropped, while Paladin is stuck with 1 update in a two week period).

I myself am a Paladin main, and our current DF talent trees are one of the weakest released so far, so the relative silence amid the frequent dev updates is incredibly disheartening. A small gesture or comment addressing fan feedback would go a great way in instilling optimism for the expansion launch, but as it stands, my enthusiasm shrinks more and more each passing day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuttle View Post
    It's almost like its different a developer with different communication styles. Classes released on varying schedules, give them some time.
    This is literally the worst sign you can have for the future. All classes should be treated equally, have equal amount of communication and equal amount of time invested into them. Give them time? theres less than 20 weeks, quarter of which spent in holiday season. every week there should be 1 post on each class, not dozens on post on 1 class, 1 on another and literally no word on several.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    At the end of 9.0 The changes came after it. The changes in game happened as the story evolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    the changes happened in 9.2 which was far after it

thats like saying "star wars ended when anakin became a jedi"
    I don't even understand what you guys are talking about or what that guy was trying to say but I just woke up and this made me lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit446 View Post
    I don't even understand what you guys are talking about or what that guy was trying to say but I just woke up and this made me lol
    me: the restrictions on things like covenants and conduits were bad and had no justification

him: yes they did and they were removed when it made sense in the story

me: it made sense in the story at the end of 9.0

him: and the changes happened after

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    me: the restrictions on things like covenants and conduits were bad and had no justification

him: yes they did and they were removed when it made sense in the story

me: it made sense in the story at the end of 9.0

him: and the changes happened after
    Lol no...

They never made sense in the story... they panicked after shadowland set itself on fire. Hell they didn't even fix the ui in time...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    more dungeons, more raids and more zones ... The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing.
    I mean, Dragonriding is literally the biggest new mechanic an expansion has introduced since vehicle tech in Wrath. It might not be "interesting" to you but to say there isn't a new mechanic or gameplay and that DF is only about "dungeons raids and zones" is objectively false.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    To prove my earlier point, Hunter (another seemingly favored class) once again gets even more feedback before Paladin, Mage, and Priest. -_-
    You goofy as hell if you think hunter is more favored than mages lol

I was hoping they would expand on Torghast-like tech. Like I know it sucked being forced to farm these for necessary items like legendaries, but after tuning/improvements were done and it became mostly optional I really enjoyed doing it for the challenge and to get the achievements/mounts/transmog.

If delivered differently I think it could make a nice hit, especially with good aesthetics of an expansion like Dragonflight instead of the current dark metal jailey areas that all look mostly the same.

Lack of new things to do maybe. All we know about Dragonflight is that it's more dungeons, more raids and more zones. And that might not be enough for people to play it. The interesting hook or new mechanic / gameplay is missing. And I doubt that they have kept this a secret until now.
    The interesting hook is they REMOVED the shitty mechanics/gameplay. More isn't always better. I.e. borrowed power. But I guess I mainly just pvp anyway.
    Last edited by Bandit446; 2022-08-10 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AudibleEscalation View Post
    It's a new WoW expansion. There's probably couple of new dungeons and a raid. That'll do it for me.
    Wow man, I totally believe that you are a legit long term WoW player that has no influence from ActiBlizz to type this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Wrong on all counts. There wasn't an uproar. There was a vocal minority who complained. They didn't change them because they realized you were right. They changed it right as the story went from the player aligning with one covenant and helping them to all covenants coming together to work as one. You and the vocal minority were not right and the community was not acting as a collective.

Absolutely hilarious that players are taking credit for the change and claiming that made them right when the changes align perfectly with the story.
    Clearly, something said by a handful of people on MMOC means the opinion must be held by most players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Wow man, I totally believe that you are a legit long term WoW player that has no influence from ActiBlizz to type this.
    Just as much influence as you've had from blizz. The difference seems to be they lack unrealistic expectations and a free ticket on the hate-fueled bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit446 View Post
    The interesting hook is they REMOVED the shitty mechanics/gameplay. More isn't always better. I.e. borrowed power. But I guess I mainly just pvp anyway.
    This isn't necessarily about borrowed power, it's about lack of something like Garrisons, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions, Warfronts or Torghast. Dragonflight is the only expansion since Cataclysm that completely lacks a new gameplay / content mode. I know how mixed the reception for all of these features was, but to not give us anything at all is clearly not the solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    I mean, Dragonriding is literally the biggest new mechanic an expansion has introduced since vehicle tech in Wrath. It might not be "interesting" to you but to say there isn't a new mechanic or gameplay and that DF is only about "dungeons raids and zones" is objectively false.
    Dragonriding at its core is still just glorified flying with bonuses and restrictions. Hardly innovative.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Sometimes all people want is more of the thing they enjoy. If someone plays WoW because they enjoy raiding then all the really want is more fun raids. Everything else is window dressing.
    And some people are not looking for lots and lots of features. They will happily raid and then log off with nothing else that needs doing because they enjoy playing other games besides WoW.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Seriously? lmao...

In related topics, please check out the forum posts "What did you think of the year 2024?", and "How did you feel the day you died?", and also "What did you you think of the lunch you ate tomorrow?"
    Ahahaha, exactly my thoughts.
    But that’s the mentality of the average player nowadays sadly. It’s more hilarious on reddit.

“I hate 2024!!!!

This isn't necessarily about borrowed power, it's about lack of something like Garrisons, Mage Tower, Island Expeditions, Warfronts or Torghast. Dragonflight is the only expansion since Cataclysm that completely lacks a new gameplay / content mode. I know how mixed the reception for all of these features was, but to not give us anything at all is clearly not the solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Dragonriding at its core is still just glorified flying with bonuses and restrictions. Hardly innovative.
    There is the fact to that the large portion of the community that is generally happy with dungeons an raids are just getting fewer of them...

Reused content isn't a substitute for new content.

I don't know what kind of influence you've had, but I didn't think my expectations were wildly controversial. The game has been around for a long time and expansions/content patches seem to follow the same formula. Don't know why anyone would expect that to change at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post

First day on these forums, eh?

Because that's all this place is.

Haha I wish, mate.

Let me just wish you a very nice day, my dude <3

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I was hoping they would expand on Torghast-like tech. Like I know it sucked being forced to farm these for necessary items like legendaries, but after tuning/improvements were done and it became mostly optional I really enjoyed doing it for the challenge and to get the achievements/mounts/transmog.

If delivered differently I think it could make a nice hit, especially with good aesthetics of an expansion like Dragonflight instead of the current dark metal jailey areas that all look mostly the same.
    I think they're going a big mistake with not going forward with Torghast-like content. Just don't make it mandatory, add some toys/skins/tabards and a a few mounts for the deep divers of that content. Make it in caverns of time so that they can make maps based in any region/world/time with any type of enemy they want.