Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    if you suffer from FOMO you should take a break, its a sign of poor mental health. And if you want a game you can't fall behind in you should look into games that don't have character progression aka not rpgs
    Never knew WoW wasn't an RPG before MoP! Good to know.
    FOMO is real ever since... ouhm... om... Legion? Mage Tower, Artifact skins... Now seasonal keystonemaster mounts. One would argue the whole m+ gameplay loop is a fomo system itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Never knew WoW wasn't an RPG before MoP! Good to know.
    FOMO is real ever since... ouhm... om... Legion? Mage Tower, Artifact skins... Now seasonal keystonemaster mounts. One would argue the whole m+ gameplay loop is a fomo system itself.
    Trolling or selective memory?
    Limited promotional events and rewards from expansion launches?
    Wotlk Meta mounts in T7?
    Gladiator rewards?

All those were time limited rewards BEFORE mop. I still think if FOMO is something you suffer from in a video game, its the wrong game for you. If its inducing that kind of anxiety you might want to find a healthier form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    I'm not part of blizzard's creative team, coming up with new ideas is not my job.

Dragons however are possibly the least creative thing they could have picked. Not only dragons as a theme have been beaten to death in fantasy in general (with stories that are all variations of "Dragons are powerful, and power corrupts. dun dun dun"), but they have already been done a lot in wow in particular.
    Dragons were a major theme of classic, wotlk, the main theme of cataclysm, and a major theme of legion. We have seen a lot of dragons in every other expansion.
    I think you just post to see yourself cry. I asked what you would have preferred, but it seems you need to be told what you like.

Don't really feel you should be the arbiter of what is creative and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    I think you just post to see yourself cry. I asked what you would have preferred, but it seems you need to be told what you like.

Don't really feel you should be the arbiter of what is creative and interesting.
    You can criticize books without being a writer, you can criticize movies without being a movie director, and you can criticize wow's creative direction without being creative.

Also you can enjoy some parts of wow and not enjoy others, it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing where you only either not play wow or never criticize any part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post

People are free to complain about a hobby that in some aspects are complete trash since they kinda pay for it. I complain about sports all the time but i am far from being in a professional sports league. Much like how i think to much of the game is bent towards raiding and have barely engaged in it since Hellfire Citadel ( i do every seasons KSM tho ) and i will bitch about it because i feel its taking resources away from my 2-3 weeks of enjoyment every patch.

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Trolling or selective memory?
    Limited promotional events and rewards from expansion launches?
    Wotlk Meta mounts in T7?
    Gladiator rewards?

All those were time limited rewards BEFORE mop. I still think if FOMO is something you suffer from in a video game, its the wrong game for you. If its inducing that kind of anxiety you might want to find a healthier form of entertainment.
    Corrupted ashbringer before Wotlk
    Atiesh before Wotlk
    Scarab Lord black scarab before gate closes
    World and realm first achievements from Wotlk on
    Collector edition items
    PvP sets
    Mop and wod challenge mode armors
    Mop and wod legendaries
    Yeah it's not a "legion and on" thing..m