Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
16
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What reason is there for them to remove the interrupt in the first place and make u spend a talent to get it back?
    because it is useless in those scenarios

    why have an ability when you dont have a use for it??

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    well depending on the trash im fairly certain it can be stunned
    im also certain that theres something called a "loadout" where you can swap talents and in terms of some classes you wont have the choice to avoid it so those classes will be able to interrupt the trash spell

    you can ignore the interrupt in the druid tree and if you are feral you can pick up some balance skills

    is the system perfect?? god no
    is the system better than what we have now?? well personally yes but that is mostly because of more control over how you play because screw off getting 5 abilities and ignoring 2 half the time and 1 99% of the time
    We don’t know what we will need to swap talents yet. That’s obviously a huge factor. The system gets tedious very quickly the less convenient it is to change talents, like imagine if you need to be in a rested area. Theres plenty of trash that needs to be interrupted and can’t be stunned.(and we need to talent stuns now also)

    We agree the system isn’t perfect. I’ll take this system over current talents and borrowed power system any day of the week. However the current implementation is pretty poor, there’s a lot of simple improvements they can make to these trees and there’s little reason not to give classes a bit more meat before the talent trees. The concept is great, we just need a bit more execution.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

    Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    because it is useless in those scenarios

    why have an ability when you dont have a use for it??
    Because its been a baseline ability since the class was introduced. Might as well make wearing plate a talent point.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Because its been a baseline ability since the class was introduced. Might as well make wearing plate a talent point.
    Just wait until you see the dh talent tree that has double jump and glide both as talent points
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

    Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Just wait until you see the dh talent tree that has double jump and glide both as talent points
    Would not be surprised honestly lol.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    We don’t know what we will need to swap talents yet. That’s obviously a huge factor. The system gets tedious very quickly the less convenient it is to change talents, like imagine if you need to be in a rested area. Theres plenty of trash that needs to be interrupted and can’t be stunned.(and we need to talent stuns now also)

    We agree the system isn’t perfect. I’ll take this system over current talents and borrowed power system any day of the week. However the current implementation is pretty poor, there’s a lot of simple improvements they can make to these trees and there’s little reason not to give classes a bit more meat before the talent trees. The concept is great, we just need a bit more execution.
    I'm hoping swapping loadouts is as simple as using a tome

    99% of players will not really notice much of a difference in play but I definitely will when I go laser bear for farm

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Because its been a baseline ability since the class was introduced. Might as well make wearing plate a talent point.
    Yes because that's equivalent to an ability that is used in maybe 50% of encounters to the degree multiple people need it

    Oh no you can choose to not have an ability the horror. Whatever will I do without the interrupt on a boss that doesn't have an ability I can interrupt. But the paralyze on sludgefist is so useful and my finger just hits that empty krybind now.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

    Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

    Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

    The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

    And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

    - A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

    - The Tinker class.

    - The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

    - Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

    - Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

    - Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

    Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

    And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    Unless you live in the future, played it for at least 3 months. your assumptions are ridiculous !

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm hoping swapping loadouts is as simple as using a tome

    99% of players will not really notice much of a difference in play but I definitely will when I go laser bear for farm

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes because that's equivalent to an ability that is used in maybe 50% of encounters to the degree multiple people need it

    Oh no you can choose to not have an ability the horror. Whatever will I do without the interrupt on a boss that doesn't have an ability I can interrupt. But the paralyze on sludgefist is so useful and my finger just hits that empty krybind now.
    Hey here's a button your class has had since its inception in 2009. We are gonna remove it from your toolkit and resell it back to you as a talent. What a cool fun design. Forum man says ots useless on 10 raid bosses, ignoring its usefulness in literally every m+ (something more ppl do compared to raiding), pvp, and solo activities.

    Its stupid as fuck and I don't know how you can honestly defend it

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I make it clear in the post that the question obviously refers to what has been shown so far, but I will edit this sentence so others don't make the same mistake.
    So you want to call an expansion boring, when we know little to nothing about the details surrounding it yet?


    Sure seems legit.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey here's a button your class has had since its inception in 2009. We are gonna remove it from your toolkit and resell it back to you as a talent. What a cool fun design. Forum man says ots useless on 10 raid bosses, ignoring its usefulness in literally every m+ (something more ppl do compared to raiding), pvp, and solo activities.

    Its stupid as fuck and I don't know how you can honestly defend it
    "Resell it back to you".

    You dorks act like they're locking it behind a six month sub or the collectors edition and not 1-2 fucking mouse clicks, one time, when you first log on. It wasn't removed from your toolkit and hidden in some elaborate location that you also need to get 2500 arena rating to access, it was just made optional investment instead of default.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Hey here's a button your class has had since its inception in 2009. We are gonna remove it from your toolkit and resell it back to you as a talent. What a cool fun design. Forum man says ots useless on 10 raid bosses, ignoring its usefulness in literally every m+ (something more ppl do compared to raiding), pvp, and solo activities.

    Its stupid as fuck and I don't know how you can honestly defend it
    In those situations where it's useful you choose it
    They have been moving abilities in and out of talent trees for over a decade

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Resell it back to you".

    You dorks act like they're locking it behind a six month sub or the collectors edition and not 1-2 fucking mouse clicks, one time, when you first log on. It wasn't removed from your toolkit and hidden in some elaborate location that you also need to get 2500 arena rating to access, it was just made optional investment instead of default.
    How dare you say choice is a good thing

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "Resell it back to you".

    You dorks act like they're locking it behind a six month sub or the collectors edition and not 1-2 fucking mouse clicks, one time, when you first log on. It wasn't removed from your toolkit and hidden in some elaborate location that you also need to get 2500 arena rating to access, it was just made optional investment instead of default.
    I'm acting like removing our abilities and calling it a "talent" is a lazy design for what they are hyping up to be a big feature of the expansion.

    When you add up all of the abilities we rebuy, you realize how little is left in the talent tree. And builds we are using right now, are no longer possible. Thats what my issue is.

  13. #113
    Will it have a mythic plus season that i can do what i want until KSM and then un-sub until the next bit of content? If so i will be glad as i can get close enough to mythic gearing without setting a foot in a raid ( which is an abomination ). So let's hope i keep my sub for 3 months and then peace out for a few months.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    They have fallen a long way since Legion. This is not even an expansion, its more of a patch.

    Outside of a new class and new zones / raids.

    Dragonriding? lame AF
    New talent system = Just old system brought back.
    Profession updates = should of been done a LONG TIME AGO. profession have been mostly horrible for several years.
    Lack of new dungeons have them rotating M+ with old dungeons.

    Gonna be a shit show!
    Fine, then just don't play. Sick and tired of the cry babies like you whining about everything before an alpha is even released

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Yes, i think it's lackluster and it's by design, to catch up to the delays covid had on production.

    With that said... it doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad, because the fundamentals are what matters. It would be nice to have more features, but in the end what matters is if the gameplay and reward loop is satisfying, and the problem is it hasn't been for years.
    But yeah... we're not even getting new abilities. It's pretty excessive to even call this an expansion. Feels like a large patch.

    It would be great to see Tinkers and housing, but it's not happening for this one. Hopefully this means the one after can have more features.
    I wish i had hope for those 2 highly requested features, but i have been disappointed too many times. I don't think the dev team cares about what fans want. They have a plan set out and they do what they want. It's been that way for along time. They go at their own tune and when they do give something the community wants, such as the "high seas expansion", they turn it into what we saw with BfA. Zero faith on this dev team.
    I really need to point out again that we just had 2 filler expansions in a row. Saying "maybe 11.0 will have more content" would mean 8 years or massive underperforming by Blizzard. I don't know if that can happen. DF is basically their last chance of they want to continue with WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    because it is useless in those scenarios

    why have an ability when you dont have a use for it??
    There is no situation in the game where a interrupt is not at least helpful.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Just wait until you see the dh talent tree that has double jump and glide both as talent points
    Bro... Why...
    Stop giving them ideas.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    Just wait until you see the dh talent tree that has double jump and glide both as talent points
    I mean so what?happened in the old days like wrath of cata,when build defining abilities,or dispels were in the tree,atleast this time you have more flexibility on some of them,at the end of the day this is all just fluff

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I really need to point out again that we just had 2 filler expansions in a row. Saying "maybe 11.0 will have more content" would mean 8 years or massive underperforming by Blizzard. I don't know if that can happen. DF is basically their last chance of they want to continue with WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There is no situation in the game where a interrupt is not at least helpful.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bro... Why...
    Stop giving them ideas.
    What is a filler expansion? That is a very loose term. I don't think they were filler expansions. I think the story in BfA was very impactful to the world being dubbed the 4th war between Alliance and Horde. Shadowlands does feel more like a side story cause it takes place is a different place of existence and messed up the lore so much. So, i can see how you can consider it a side story, even if they wove it into the whole of the warcraft plot with the Jailer's 4D chess plan.

    You say it's their last chance. I think their last chance was Shadowlands. I don't think there is any changing where we are now. I don't think the game will ever grow with the kind of e-sports oriented design and decisions it has. I think WoW is down to "faithfuls" now. People who are mostly just addicted, play for personal reasons/friendships or cannot be bothered to try another game. So, this boat won't sink much more than it already has, which is about 1m players. Or better, the sinking from now on will be slow. As long as they keep adding content, the faithfuls will likely stay, even if it dips below 1m.
    Dragonflight is not gonna save WoW. I would advise putting that notion behind you.

    The next expansion, with the new development studio they acquired in the fold might be their last try to lift the game up. But, Dragonflight ain't it. DF is just a product of doing what they can with these resources to deliver a basic expansion. Not sure if i said it in my previous post, but Dragonflight is Shadowlands 2.0. It really brings nothing to the table besides new backgrounds and a new class. The covenant abilities and legendary systems were folded into the talent trees and the rest stays the same, unless they incorporate some changes from season 4.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-06-30 at 12:08 AM.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    Unless you live in the future, played it for at least 3 months. your assumptions are ridiculous !
    People like you who keep saying that "blah blah blah" that I didn't play the expansion to be able to judge it... are either semi-illiterate or are just Blizzard bots, after all I've said a 1000 times that:

    "Until this moment that we are now..."

    "Compared to the same time when the preview of the other expansions was shown..."

    I'm not calling entire expansion boring, but if (if) the geckos and the new talent trees is the "best goal" that Blizzard has to show (and it must be because all other expansions are the "best" what the expansion has to offer us is shown at the beginning of the disclosure)... so this is the most boring expansion ever.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I really need to point out again that we just had 2 filler expansions in a row. Saying "maybe 11.0 will have more content" would mean 8 years or massive underperforming by Blizzard. I don't know if that can happen. DF is basically their last chance of they want to continue with WoW.

    - - - Updated - - -



    There is no situation in the game where a interrupt is not at least helpful.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Bro... Why...
    Stop giving them ideas.
    Multiple raid bosses and dungeon bosses don't have spells that can be interrupted

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I really need to point out again that we just had 2 filler expansions in a row. Saying "maybe 11.0 will have more content" would mean 8 years or massive underperforming by Blizzard. I don't know if that can happen. DF is basically their last chance of they want to continue with WoW.
    Not to mention that anyone resigning themselves to DF being filler and "11.0 will fix it" is pretty much signing up for "okay 11.0 will be filler, but 12.0 will fix it", too.

    They do it as long as we let them get away with it. If DF bombs (which we have no way of knowing yet) it'll be a serious problem; but if enough people buy it despite it not being the paradigm shift many people think WoW needs, then they might just be enabling a kind of "good enough" mind set for the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •