Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    If the dk tree is anything to go by for monk....I am so ready
    Last time im casual played dk was in mop, and im never really played druid so i cant read much out of their trees.im.wating for monk and warrior tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    I hope this is the case, it would be nice to play a game on launch that isn't solved a 100 ways already.
    With more bugs than not too?

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Last time im casual played dk was in mop, and im never really played druid so i cant read much out of their trees.im.wating for monk and warrior tree...
    frost DK one is shit so dont hold your breath
    abilities for m+ obliteration build (to make it roughly as i play it now) are on oposite sides of "tree" and theres no way to have them all...
    pretty much i cant play in DF what i play atm... and i would get it if that build was OP and they wanted to "split" it somehow, but its still behind breath which is easy to build in DF...
    pretty much each and every expansion frost dk goes futher into "breath or nothing" direction... so much "choice"...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-29 at 08:24 AM.

Well based on my guild's dks the general tree isn't bad and spec trees are very interesting for multiple playstyle possibilities

I checked out the guardian druid tree and I've found that a build focused around arcane damage is possible

There's a feral druid writer that posted thoughts on wowhead but....apparently he's one of the types that say "you have no choice but here are choices"

I'm going to assume based on what we currently have is classes will have the ability to go one of two main build styles with other subtle choices like laser bear. If this is correct then WW might get a full aoe build with chi explosion and ideally controlled Clones with a talent to make them automatic, and a build around things like RSK and serenity. MW likely will have a build focused around fistweaving and a build around straight heals. BRM might get a stagger build and a brew build.

Considering the Monk has fewer past spells to draw from for the trees it also means we will likely see a lot of new talents.

Also based on the fact both tank specs we currently have out seem to have a dps build I am going to assume warriors might get a form of gladiator stance

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to get a life :-)

I mean, think about it. We literally know nothing about it, we have seen 0 footage.. no data or info other than a few basics.

Wait a bit and see! do something else meanwhile. A beta will drop soon anyway, we might be 2 months away from that at absolute most seen the release wish.
    I am glad they are keeping it so quite for now, and I wish beta test only allows players to see 40% of the content. Growing tired of spoiled experiences in WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    abilities for m+ obliteration build (to make it roughly as i play it now) are on oposite sides of "tree" and theres no way to have them all...
    pretty much i cant play in DF what i play atm... and i would get it if that build was OP and they wanted to "split" it somehow, but its still behind breath which is easy to build in DF...
    pretty much each and every expansion frost dk goes futher into "breath or nothing" direction... so much "choice"...
    People do actually believe this “new” talent system has more choice. However, It has the illusion of choice

- - - Updated - - -

Professions are becoming gameplay
    There's a dragon that we all use and can customize
    My Monk might be able to control his Clones and the bugs that he existed since WoD might not be an issue
    This is a feature I hate, only mount in game I like is ROFLcopter. Now I can’t use it? I have to use a dragon to get about? It’s just annoying. I will prob wait until proper flying comes in.

Do we know anything about the numbers yet?
    Without that it's impossible to say that X will be superior to Y and yes most cases you can't get exactly what you have right now but can I ask you a few questions about your frost DK?
    Does it currently have a ghoul and connected abilities?
    Is there a build in the current talent system that makes 2h play differently from dw?
    Is there a build that you can make currently that is completely aoe?

I get that it's weird for them to take your class right now and tell you to rebuild it without seeing it as some false choice but in reality it means trimming fat for a change in playstyle.

The possibility of my interrupt being skippable for a dps increase or the chance to have triple chi torpedo with serpent kick is an exciting thought after having no changes in play since legion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    People do actually believe this “new” talent system has more choice. However, It has the illusion of choice

- - - Updated - - -

This is a feature I hate, only mount in game I like is ROFLcopter. Now I can’t use it? I have to use a dragon to get about? It’s just annoying. I will prob wait until proper flying comes in.
    There's actually some choice in most if not all of the trees

Also you realize flying will probably require using the dragon flying feature at some point and you can use the copter for areas that dragon flying won't be used. This is exactly the same as every expansion since WoD only this time we get limited flight

Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Was excited at announcement but the silence and lack of new info has ruined the hype for me now.

I expect a cut-down expansion, which releases before any player feedback from alpha/beta has had its chance to come through.
    I mean you are probably right, but we just had 2 filler expansions in a row, so they kinda need to deliver.

any game you can't play is boring.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm pretty hyped because slaying Dragons is what got me in games in the first place. Its quintessential fantasy for me. Let me at some evil Dragons.

I'm glad someone else sees this. Im an oblit m+ player too. Really hype abt this tier cause 4 set makes it even more viable. Looking at new talent system and trying to buy back the skills I already have is really depressing. I gotta go all the way down left side, then somehow shoot over to the right. Really looking like m+=breath and the gap being much bigger than it is now. Has completely turned me off of the xpac so far

- - - Updated - - -

Do we know anything about the numbers yet?
    Without that it's impossible to say that X will be superior to Y and yes most cases you can't get exactly what you have right now but can I ask you a few questions about your frost DK?
    Does it currently have a ghoul and connected abilities?
    Is there a build in the current talent system that makes 2h play differently from dw?
    Is there a build that you can make currently that is completely aoe?

I get that it's weird for them to take your class right now and tell you to rebuild it without seeing it as some false choice but in reality it means trimming fat for a change in playstyle.

The possibility of my interrupt being skippable for a dps increase or the chance to have triple chi torpedo with serpent kick is an exciting thought after having no changes in play since legion

- - - Updated - - -

There's actually some choice in most if not all of the trees

Also you realize flying will probably require using the dragon flying feature at some point and you can use the copter for areas that dragon flying won't be used. This is exactly the same as every expansion since WoD only this time we get limited flight
    For dks a lot of the talents are % modifiers to skills u already have. So yes, we do have a good idea on the numbers and which talents you will be forced to pick. It really looks like left side is all single target, right-side is aoe. You can currently build all aoe in SL, but pick obliteration instead of breath which is nice because breath completely changes the plystyle and there's a good amount of ppl that don't enjoy that.

A lot of frost players enjoy not having a pet.

Yes, there are different builds for 2h and dw right now. But instead of it being a passive like it is now, it will become a talent that you have to spend a point on.

Yes, you can build for all aoe now. Thats the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    Was excited at announcement but the silence and lack of new info has ruined the hype for me now.
    After 6 months of break, I paid my account, came back to level a couple chars to max level and equip them, and went away again.
    No information released, we're a couple of months away from release and not even Streamers/Youtubers/Alpha/Beta has started yet.

They gave a few players WOTLK access to test what has been released 14 years ago and is bugged.

Let's hope they release something to test that is stable and things work well, because I've the same feeling as you. Think this will be a disaster from all the hype it gave at announcement.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

The Druid tree is peak boring and super uninspired. Don't know what people are on about when they say these new talent trees are so great, they are really not.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The Druid tree is peak boring and super uninspired. Don't know what people are on about when they say these new talent trees are so great, they are really not.
    Naw man u don't get it. We have the freedom to make completely terrible builds! Its gonna be great! /s

Not shitting you, look a few posts up.
    The possibility of my interrupt being skippable for a dps increase [...] is an exciting thought after having no changes in play since legion
    These are the ppl that are excited.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Naw man u don't get it. We have the freedom to make completely terrible builds! Its gonna be great! /s

Not shitting you, look a few posts up.

These are the ppl that are excited.
    can you tell me what spell on
    shriekwing
    sludgefist
    hunger destroyer
    SLG
    terragrue
    painsmith
    guardian
    vigilant guardian
    skolex
    halondrus
    rygelon
    and jailer
    would need an interrupt??

you can also get ability combonations that you cant right now like attenuation and horn of winter which currently outside of torghast you cant
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2022-06-29 at 02:49 PM.

shriekwing
    sludgefist
    hunger destroyer
    SLG
    terragrue
    painsmith
    guardian
    vigilant guardian
    skolex
    halondrus
    rygelon
    and jailer

you can also get ability combonations that you cant right now like attenuation and horn of winter which currently outside of torghast you cant
    And how much of the trash before every one of these bosses requires interupts? Also you’re prob not gaining a dps option more like a different utility option.

The trees are a great concept, but it doesn’t take long to see the major flaws with the current examples
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rtrain View Post
    And how much of the trash before every one of these bosses requires interupts? Also you’re prob not gaining a dps option more like a different utility option.

The trees are a great concept, but it doesn’t take long to see the major flaws with the current examples
    well depending on the trash im fairly certain it can be stunned
    im also certain that theres something called a "loadout" where you can swap talents and in terms of some classes you wont have the choice to avoid it so those classes will be able to interrupt the trash spell

you can ignore the interrupt in the druid tree and if you are feral you can pick up some balance skills

is the system perfect?? god no
    is the system better than what we have now?? well personally yes but that is mostly because of more control over how you play because screw off getting 5 abilities and ignoring 2 half the time and 1 99% of the time

Raid, dungeons, leveling areas, race and class. Not thrilled about the talents, if DK is something to go by, don't want to lose all my utility as a tank to be optimal.

shriekwing
    sludgefist
    hunger destroyer
    SLG
    terragrue
    painsmith
    guardian
    vigilant guardian
    skolex
    halondrus
    rygelon
    and jailer

What reason is there for them to remove the interrupt in the first place and make u spend a talent to get it back?

Ill play when 10.3 happens