Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    It will take me 2 posts - to exploit how BS you are(and will send you back to Bellular).

1)What kind of talent tree(incl. PoE) doesn't have a cookie cutter build?
    2)Do you agree on, that Blizzard tryed really hard to create all kind of systems, only to reliaze that the game simply don't support it?
    First, I dont even know who Bellular is.

2nd, I was not saying that other talent trees from other games dont have cookie cutter builds. I was more implying that YOUR REALLY EXCITED for a old talent system to be the new talent system (which is sad really, how far has Blizzard fallen for this to be your excitement?) and it will end up being cookie cutter anyways....

Do you agree on, that Blizzard tryed really hard to create all kind of systems, only to reliaze that the game simply don't support it?
    No. No recently. Not since 2016 (Legion release date).

Everything in WoW, for the most part, has been trash since Legion.

Warcraft 3 was one of the most iconic games of all time, they released Warcraft 3 Reforged (2020) and the only fucking game worse then it is Diablo Immortal(2022).

Blizzard has been baking shit pies for you to eat since 2016 and disguising them as apple pies. They just doing what they can to milk every cent. Dragonflight will be no different, it was CLEAR to anyone with eyes and ears in the reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    if you suffer from FOMO you should take a break, its a sign of poor mental health. And if you want a game you can't fall behind in you should look into games that don't have character progression aka not rpgs
    Lol, what? A game designed around FOMO means you can’t even finish what you started without it going away after a break. Seasons with faux scarcity are a cancer. It used to be per expansion now it’s every 3 months, Tiers never had this problem.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-07-01 at 04:01 PM.

I'll be honest; I'm really ONLY excited about the new class. And even that is a source of great concern, because the Dracthyr originally shown looked pretty rough. And their "Visage forms" looked straight up cringey, although I'm assuming we can still use toned-down options. Still, I'm still hoping the Visage forms will include other races, not JUST female Humans and male BE's.

The "Dragonriding" thing COULD be cool... but I really do wonder, why do Dracthyr still need to acquire a DIFFERENT dragon to ride upon? It seems more natural that THEY would simply have a "Flight-form" with the same mechanics. Not a deal-breaker by any mores, but certainly a pretty obvious question. A dragon that has to shapeshift into a human to ride another dragon to initiate dragonriding... feels unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    1. Total skill tree revamp (extremely excited)
    2. Total profession revamp (extremely excited)
    3. Going to the Dragon Isle
    4. Learning more about Dragon lore
    5. Murozond or Galakrond as the big bad.
    6. A return to the world being important.

Saying it has nothing to be excited for is just fucking stupid.
    This is completely subjective. So is OP's opinion, sure, but your points are pretty weak. Before we got the first round of talent trees I was excited about this, too. After I saw what they did - basically nothing - I think it's the most lazy approach of giving us a new feature since... I don't know. Ever? It's just a visual reskin of what we already have. Profession revamp is basically the same and hardly exciting, remember how long the total profession revamp in Legion lasted? 3-5 are not tied to any gameplay features at all. I'll give you 6, as the setting is a way better approach at Warcraft than Shadowlands. I'd even add Evoker, but the crowd goes slightly mild over all of this. Excitement in general for this expansion feels terribly tame.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    You make it sound like there's only three people who would like to see that class. Also, that doesn't match up with what I've seen of the discussion thus far in a handful of threads I've browsed through. If anyone's moving goalposts, it's the people coming up with excuses about why they don't want the class. "We already have engineering" "we're tired of people talking about them" "it's just one person using tons of alt accounts" etc.

It's sheer demand, history, and appropriateness to the setting almost assures that it'll be included eventually. Especially with Microsoft taking over.
    Teriz, is that you?

I can't prove what I'm going to say now... but many here will agree with this:
    If Blizzard in the next expansion announced Dark Rangers and Tinkers (by far the two most requested classes on all internet forums) Blizzard would have (more or less) 70% of the player-base super hyped right now. (35% being Dark Rangers fans and 35% Tinkers fans).
    However these devs TOTALLY disconnected with the player-base and with the feedbacks we've been giving for years... are bringing us a race of gecko that NOBODY asked for and two classes that came out of nowhere totally "meh".
    So, from what I see on the forums, only something around 20% of player-base is hyped up with DragonFlight.
    The expansion that will bring "dragons" having to ride dragons if they want to fly. LULLLLZZZZ

In the past, around 30% of the player base asked for Death Knights. They receive the Death Knight.
    Something around 30% of the player base asked for Pandarens. They received the Pandaren.
    Something like 30% of the player base would love to be able to play as a Demon Hunter. They received the Demon Hunter.

Why did they stop hearing this kind of request? And worse...why did they spend so much time and resources on something totally random (Drakthir) that fuckinh ZERO % of the community asked for??
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-01 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Why did they stop hearing this kind of request? And worse...why did they spend so much time and resources on something totally random (Drakthir) that fuckinh ZERO % of the community asked for??
    Because they want new players + old players instead of just old players.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Because they want new players + old players instead of just old players.
    The fact that both you and they think that these abominations are what new players are clamoring for speaks volumes in and of itself.

Yes, you are 100% correct. For you it will be. Why? Because you decided it is before seeing it. Human mind is amazing like that - once you decided a thing is a certain way, you will do everything possible to prove it is so. It can be the best expansion ever and still you will not enjoy it, because you made up your mind.
    I am very curious why ppl are like this. Why instead of trying to enjoy a game you decide not to enjoy it. And no, there is no proof for anything from previous expansions - it is all the same mentality that makes ppl hate or love. In truth, wow is good if you have ppl to do the content with and it's bad if you struggle with that. Cata that offers nothing beyond raid and dungeons could be a great expansion for some if they had a nice guild to enjoy it with etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Lol, what? A game designed around FOMO means you can’t even finish what you started without it going away after a break. Seasons with faux scarcity are a cancer. It used to be per expansion now it’s every 3 months, Tiers never had this problem.
    FOMO is something people suffer from. A Game including things for people to engage in constantly is fine or even good. People that can't handle the thought they are missing out if they don't play constantly, need to understand its fine and doesn't matter. Game companies shouldn't be forced to design around people that have anxiety disorders.

What are the seasonal rewards that people(you?) are seriously worried about missing out on here? Some titles no one notices? A Port to a raid? Another recolour of the expansion mounts? Because these are the things atm tied to seasons with the only new thing being the slime cat mount. The game has always had a few of these things and in moderation thats fine.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2022-07-01 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    People were mad that borrowed power was so important. They remove borrowed power. People are mad that there the expansion seems boring. It's actually hilarious.
    Customer: "Uh, there's a turd on my sandwich?"
    You: "Oh sorry let me remove that."
    Customer: "Okay so... this is just two slices of bread and a piece of lettuce now. Isn't that kind of boring for a sandwich?"
    You: "I removed what you didn't like and you're still complaining? ACTUALLY HILARIOUS."

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Customer: "Uh, there's a turd on my sandwich?"
    You: "Oh sorry let me remove that."
    Customer: "Okay so... this is just two slices of bread and a piece of lettuce now. Isn't that kind of boring for a sandwich?"
    You: "I removed what you didn't like and you're still complaining? ACTUALLY HILARIOUS."
    Imagine ordering a sandwich, getting exactly what you ordered, and then being mad that the store didn't add extra things you didn't ask for. That is genuinely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You know, borrowed power and content/interesting features are not the same. Having features that disappear after an expansion is annoying, we still want features, just that they stay around and build up the game overtime.

The things that dragonflight have currently announced as "features" are also alright, but there is just very little gameplay in them. Its starting to look a little like WoD, where the game had a lot of fluf, but outside the daily grind, there was very little to do in them.

Revamp of professions and talents is nice, same with dragon riding, but that is stuff that should come as a bonus, not as the main attraction.

You do realize all of the features/content added to WoW are always tied directly to the borrowed power, right? That's why there's literally nothing to do in vanilla/TBC/WotLK other than raid at max level because there's no other power that can be obtained.

The artifact weapons in Legion, the azerite gear in BfA, the legendaries/covenants in Shadowlands, the core gameplay of each expansion was directly tied to those borrowed powers. With borrowed powers going away it was very very obvious that the core gameplay would go back to what it was before borrowed powers were introduced, so just like in vanilla/TBC/WotLK you're going to hit max level and then do dungeons/raid/PvP and that's it, I was under the impression that's what everyone who hated borrowed powers wanted but now they're all bitching about it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Imagine ordering a sandwich, getting exactly what you ordered, and then being mad that the store didn't add extra things you didn't ask for. That is genuinely hilarious.
    Yeah except that's not the case here.

People said "we don't like borrowed power". They did NOT say "don't add anything else at all we don't want any substantial expansion features".

Are you sure you understood the analogy?

The expansion isn't even out yet and you're saying you're bored to tears of it? Christ dude, at least wait 5 minutes after launch before making an opinion. It's got a new class a new race(it's beyond stupid they're tying the two together. no matter how small a time it may be) but still it's new and something to play with. It's got a talent tree revamp and finally something new being done with professions. We'll be fine. And now that they have a hundred new developers working on content we might get back to Legion levels of patch releases.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    And now that they have a hundred new developers working on content we might get back to Legion levels of patch releases.
    Don't be fooled by that announcement. It will have almost no impact on DF, because of how long the development pipeline is in WoW. They're already working on the NEXT expansion. It takes 1+ years at least for major content to be produced; and it'll take MONTHS for the new team to be integrated into the current WoW team and get to work. So at best we'll get their input on one of the final big content patches in DF; but more likely they'll be put to use to make the expansion after DF.

I just hope there is stuff to do, I play the game primarily for M+, but I also need some content outside of that. Seems a little like WoD at the moment, literally nothing outside of raid logging.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I'm actually more hyped for it because of the lack of information, it's more exciting when we don't all know exactly what's happening months beforehand. I'm seeing DF as kind of a "reset" expansion, that's focusing on removing complicated systems and improving the base game. All I care about it is that the actual content is fun and there's no unnecessary grinds we're forced to do to stay relevant.

If the classes are fun and the dungeons/raids are good then I'll be quite happy with DF as it stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see how many upset people are going to be on this forum once Microsoft makes it a thing.
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think that "Microsoft will make it [tinker] a thing"? You think Microsoft looked at WoW and said "I'll buy Blizzard so I can make them add the tinker class to WoW" or something like that? What makes you think that Blizzard buying Blizzard will somehow force their own design decisions like that?

Worse: what makes you think that Microsoft would even want to add a tinker class to WoW? Or that they even want to add any specific class at all? Your claim here is so faulty, it's rather astounding. And you made that claim twice in the last two pages!
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-07-02 at 05:54 AM.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Hopefully less padding and less chores to do if you wanna collect stuff in the outdoor world.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I just hope there is stuff to do, I play the game primarily for M+, but I also need some content outside of that. Seems a little like WoD at the moment, literally nothing outside of raid logging.
    Agreed.

We need back TF/AP or something similar or it's gonna be a snoozefest again.