Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    most ppl at this point realized that wow nowadays is a dumbster fire anyway. solely existing to grab as most money as possible out of the remaining players pockets. DF will just continue this trend. most players left for good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yeah except that's not the case here.

People said "we don't like borrowed power". They did NOT say "don't add anything else at all we don't want any substantial expansion features".

Are you sure you understood the analogy?
    Except that borrowed powers are the systems the game is built on. Removing them was very obviously going to remove all the systems alongside them. I can't fathom how much glue you would have to eat to think otherwise, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Quests not working, getting stuck, NPCs not spawning.. you can't honestly believe bugs are only fun/quirky things.
    as long as you can do quests elsewhere, do dungeons or whatever and start the next zone, i'm fine with a few quests being buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Because they want new players + old players instead of just old players.
    This game hardly attracts new players anymore and if, the amount is tiny and pretty much negligible. There are millions of ex-players that are way more likely to return to the game and a focus on them would be a safe bet for success.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    as long as you can do quests elsewhere, do dungeons or whatever and start the next zone, i'm fine with a few quests being buggy.
    Yes, we should have ample testing time to make sure there are no bottlenecks.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Out of curiosity, what makes you think that "Microsoft will make it [tinker] a thing"? You think Microsoft looked at WoW and said "I'll buy Blizzard so I can make them add the tinker class to WoW" or something like that? What makes you think that Blizzard buying Blizzard will somehow force their own design decisions like that?

Worse: what makes you think that Microsoft would even want to add a tinker class to WoW? Or that they even want to add any specific class at all? Your claim here is so faulty, it's rather astounding. And you made that claim twice in the last two pages!
    I think they'll be "quit being stupid" and "add more races and classes, there's no reason you shouldn't be given this is a multi-billion dollar company and not some indy game. Especially giving indy games have no trouble doing it" and "no, we're not going to listen to your asinine excuse that it's 'hard for us, boohoo, we're the devs they pay us oodles of cash to sit on our rumps whining about how hard everything is rather than actually producing content, boohoo, poor us, we deserve to have it easy."

It's cute, though, that you think the comments were exclusive to the tinker class just because you have something up your bottom about them.

But hey, keep being a sycophant. Maybe if you defend them enough, Blizzard will be like "oh wow, this person defends us to the ends of the earth, let's hire them and shower them with fame and fortune!" That's what you people expect, right?

the raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    It's sheer demand, history, and appropriateness to the setting almost assures that it'll be included eventually. Especially with Microsoft taking over.
    people say this since pretty much vanila, and here we are, almost two decades later, and nothing...

oh btw, if someone says "we're tired of people talking about them" its not that we dont want the class, its that we are tired of the half a dozen or so people who see a cogwheel somewhere and make a thread about how that is a clear hint tinker is coming in next expansion...
    frankly i would love necromancer, however unlikely it is (roughly us much as tinker if we are subjective, theres virtualy nothing making the tinker more likely than any other class, other than some peoples bias), but if someone would mention how its "guaranteed" after every depiction of bone or whatnot i would get fed up with that too...

oh and btw, sheer demand? really? could you quantify that? bcs when there were polls here (with roughly 100ppl voting) it had whole 30-40 votes, usualy pretty close with other classes... thats not "sheer demand", thats niche group of fans...

- - - Updated - - -

It's cute, though, that you think the comments were exclusive to the tinker class
    it was clear you were talking about tinker, so dont talk bullshit... if thats not how you meant it, too bad, you need to learn how to voice your thoughts properly

- - - Updated - - -

The fact that both you and they think that these abominations are what new players are clamoring for speaks volumes in and of itself.
    so the fact that he, a player thinks that, and blizz think that players think that, speaks what? seems like it speaks that they are right...

Honestly I am kind of happy its more 'boring' than not. Instead of having to have character jump though 45 hoops to manage 16 systems and then blizzard having to balance and ensure all that is functioning which usually takes them half of the expansion to accomplish.. maybe.. just maybe they can just make content which is a whole lot more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    People were mad that borrowed power was so important. They remove borrowed power. People are mad that there the expansion seems boring. It's actually hilarious.

Personally I think the new class is 100x more interesting than a Tinker class would have been. The dragon riding and profession revamps both seem interesting. Seems like it'll be fine, there will just be less to do outside of arenas/raiding/m+, which considering the content that usually exists outside of those things is just a massive grind I don't see the problem.
    The people complaining about A are not the same people complaining about B. How hard is that to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Except that borrowed powers are the systems the game is built on. Removing them was very obviously going to remove all the systems alongside them. I can't fathom how much glue you would have to eat to think otherwise, honestly.
    So do you have actual, coherent things to contribute, or do you just want to rant and have people see it?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what people wanted, after all there is only so much bitching various systems can handle before developers decide to scrap them alltogether and simply give a standard content expansion and some class shake ups.

You could say they want to break that infamous meme circle of creating a new system or game mode and then spending half expansion fixing it, before abandoning it.

Whether it's a right call or not - remains to be seen. And then frankly a major talents overhaul after 10 years is a pretty big and exciting feature if you ask me, alongside the new content and new story that hopefully won't drag out for another 6 years of "wtf is going on??".

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I just want a less grindy game that you can play in your own pace without FOMO or falling behind.
    Sometimes when I read such comments I genuinely ask myself what issues people have. So you want a game that, well, just let's you win in some way without spending an honest effort.

Play offline, maybe?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they'll be "quit being stupid" and "add more races and classes, there's no reason you shouldn't be given this is a multi-billion dollar company and not some indy game. Especially giving indy games have no trouble doing it" and "no, we're not going to listen to your asinine excuse that it's 'hard for us, boohoo, we're the devs they pay us oodles of cash to sit on our rumps whining about how hard everything is rather than actually producing content, boohoo, poor us, we deserve to have it easy."

It's cute, though, that you think the comments were exclusive to the tinker class just because you have something up your bottom about them.

But hey, keep being a sycophant. Maybe if you defend them enough, Blizzard will be like "oh wow, this person defends us to the ends of the earth, let's hire them and shower them with fame and fortune!" That's what you people expect, right?
    And this is where your little rant lost any and all credibility. If you think devs are there to make the big bucks, you're delusional. If developers wanted to make real money they'd be software developers somewhere outside of the gaming industry, not sweating long, often unpaid hours, in a hostile work environment, making video games for basically pennies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Sometimes when I read such comments I genuinely ask myself what issues people have. So you want a game that, well, just let's you win in some way without spending an honest effort.

Play offline, maybe?
    No, I just want the systems we had in the past that allowed us to raidlog. No Artifact/Azerite powers, no Anima or other currencies to grind. You clear the raids, that's it, return next week.

And also want FAR less collectibles. Korthia and Zereth Mortis are insane, if you wanna collect everything, pets mounts etc, it's a full time job.

What did WOTLK add that was so groundbreaking?

New zones, new dungeons, new lore to explore and I’m happy.

New raclass I don’t care about, but some people might. I can continue playing the priest I’ve played since 2006 so no skin off my nose.

I’m not sure what else people expect from an expansion. You want significant features tied to new expansions but not “borrowed power”? That’s a hard and unrewarding needle to thread.

I am glad to see WoW returning to the kinds of expansions that were actually good.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    I am glad to see WoW returning to the kinds of expansions that were actually good.
    Doesn't quite work like that anymore, though. Things that were great in 2008 aren't automatically great - or as great - in 2022. The game has evolved. Players have evolved. Gaming in general has evolved.

You can't just go back in time and repeat past successes in carbon-copy form. We need things to evolve to stay relevant. And this is scarily lacking in evolution.

Fuck the Tinker. Just gimme good lookin Dracthyr and I'll play the shit out of Dragonflight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    it's a full time job.

No... no, it really isn't. Gross exaggerations are just that... exaggerations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    New class is the most exciting thing. Talents? Meh, will end up just like every other talent system. It will be fun at first discovering it, but it's shortlived.
    People who dont understand how amazing this new system don't play other MMO games. Say you're playing a character, and each patch tuning changes the meta (this used to be how wow worked, and they tried to emulate it with trinkets). Between Tier gear, Talents, and trinkets there's a high chance your toon will play differently each patch. And I cannot stress this enough, This is a good thing! Blizzard changed this all because people bitch their character changed too much. Now? People bitch that their character never changes. Just another example of Blizzard listening to idiots. Change is good, it keeps things fresh, it's why LoL is so goddamn popular, because the tuning forces you to change how you play. Keeps things fresh.

TLDR: Yes, talents will always have a "Best" way to do them, but as long as the "best" changes frequently enough, it will keep the class you play feeling fresh, if you want to be "Optimal". Instead of playing a mage and "Mirror image" is the best for 5 years in a row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    most ppl at this point realized that wow nowadays is a dumbster fire anyway. solely existing to grab as most money as possible out of the remaining players pockets. DF will just continue this trend. most players left for good anyway.
    My brother in christ, you just discovering capitalism?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.