Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    People who dont understand how amazing this new system don't play other MMO games. Say you're playing a character, and each patch tuning changes the meta (this used to be how wow worked, and they tried to emulate it with trinkets). Between Tier gear, Talents, and trinkets there's a high chance your toon will play differently each patch. And I cannot stress this enough, This is a good thing! Blizzard changed this all because people bitch their character changed too much. Now? People bitch that their character never changes. Just another example of Blizzard listening to idiots. Change is good, it keeps things fresh, it's why LoL is so goddamn popular, because the tuning forces you to change how you play. Keeps things fresh.
    People complain when every expansion changes the classes. In fact, people are constantly saying they want their class to go back to X expansion when it was the best for them.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm onboard with class changes.
    But your premise that "people don't get why this is amazing because X" is just arrogant.
    I speak only from my perspective. I never been a huge fan of talent system in any game really... i enjoy the first discovery point as I mentioned, but then it kind wanes fast... FOR ME. And you don't need talents to switch up a class mid expansion, you just need to tune numbers differently...

I think you are overestimating how much Blizzard wants to mix up the meta constantly... don't think they want to since all the complaints shows it's not a good thing, even though I personally would like it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

For me, Dragonflight is more exciting than the last few expansions if only because of the talent tree revamp. Seeing class power finally be available from the get go again instead of waiting until the very last patch is going to be amazing.

The new class/race is a major bad mark on an otherwise awesome seeming expansion and I'm worried it'll be like mists of pandaria where they'll become such a major focus it'll drown out all the other good world building the game might have going for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

You can expect them to make the expansion look as good as possible with what they have, so as a rule you should take what they say and use that as an upper bound on what the expansion will actually be like. The reality will usually not be as good as the spin, so if the spin is meh it's not a good sign.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No... no, it really isn't. Gross exaggerations are just that... exaggerations.
    There are stories of people who kill rares over 100 times and don't get the mounts, and have you tried getting all mounts/pets from that Zereth Mortis crafting? Gah, I can't remember the name of the item, but you know that green item that drops from most mobs, you need like 19 000 of them. With grind premades you can get like 700 an hour, that's 27 hours alone on that grind + you need the other materials that are 0.1-5% drops from various mobs, if you play normally, maybe a few hours, this is crazy.

And if you want EVERY item from Anima, every piece of transmog, mount, toy etc etc from all 4 covenants, you need hundreds and hundreds of thousands and that will take AGES to get, especially if you just play 1 character.

SL is a collectors nightmare, even more than BFA was.

Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    I think they'll be "quit being stupid"
    Blizzard not adding the races and/or classes you want is not them "being stupid".

and "add more races and classes, there's no reason you shouldn't be given this is a multi-billion dollar company and not some indy game. Especially giving indy games have no trouble doing it"
    There are many reasons, one of them being redundancy, as classes start losing uniqueness and looking more like each other. The monk's chi system and the paladin's holy power system are functionally the same. Warrior's rage, DK's runic power and DH's fury are, again, functionally the same resource. Both brewmaster monk and vengeance DH have a mechanic where their abilities can spawn a healing orb on a random spot near them, and use an ability to draw them in and heal themselves with it.

Another reason is theming, as the class has to be a good fit for the theme and story of the expansion being told. Blizzard doesn't pick their expansion ideas on the rule of "here's this class we want to add, what expansions can we make to make this work?".

and "no, we're not going to listen to your asinine excuse that it's 'hard for us, boohoo, we're the devs they pay us oodles of cash to sit on our rumps whining about how hard everything is rather than actually producing content, boohoo, poor us, we deserve to have it easy."
    "Throwing more money at a problem to solve it" only goes so far. Time is also a barrier. It doesn't matter if Elon Musk and Bill Gates throw all their fortune combined into making the moon livable, it's still highly unlikely we'll see it in our lifetime, much less in a few months.

It's cute, though, that you think the comments were exclusive to the tinker class just because you have something up your bottom about them.
    It's what your post heavily implied, though. The poster you originally replied to was making apparent their disdain toward the tinker class idea, to which you replied with "Microsoft will make it a thing". In the context of what was being discussed, "it" can only be interpreted as "adding a tinker class". You made an error in communicating, that's not my problem.

But hey, keep being a sycophant.
    I call you out on your bullshit claim, and you resort to ad hominem attacks by calling me "sycophant" for a post where I don't defend Blizzard at all, I just point out all the numerous errors in your post. If anyone is being a "sycophant" here, it's you, with how you're acting as if Microsoft will suddenly fix all of Blizzard's perceived problems with development, and will take away Blizzard's ability to make design decisions of their own to impose their iron will over them.

Maybe if you defend them enough, Blizzard will be like "oh wow, this person defends us to the ends of the earth, let's hire them and shower them with fame and fortune!" That's what you people expect, right?
    Your check from Microsoft surely is already in the mail, by now.

I haven't seen anything to get hyped about yet.

The crafting overhaul, while cool, is really just a long long long overdue quality of life improvement.

The talent trees are a 100% downer for me. Its not that they don't look exciting, I just don't think Blizz can make them work. How long have they been trying to balance the puny little 7 talent tree and it STILL constantly needs work. I can't even imagine how bad trying to balance a whole tree is going to be. No thanks, just keep the old tree, it sucks but at least its close to working.

Blizz is just old and stagnent, and Ion wouldn't know creativity and fun if it jumped up and bit him in the ass. I have 0 faith in his ability to oversee and produce a fun expansion.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of hilarious that what FFXIV has announced for their 6.2/6.25 Patch cycle is more exciting and seems like more content than the entire of Dragonflight.

I haven't pre ordered yet. If it wasn't for the new talent trees, my interest would be zero. It blows my mind the level of incompetence, laziness, or just plain lack of imagination coming from blizz these days. FF14, ESO, and other MMORPG's are putting out better content, and MORE of it than ever before....

meanwhile in WoW, we don't even have housing yet (a staple in MMO's since... the late 90s) no new necromancer or tinkerer class. No new spec for DH. Even the new class only has 2 specs.

What happened to blizzard? Did all their money and talent move to D4? Cuz the WoW team is somehow growing in size, but shrinking in quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's kind of hilarious that what FFXIV has announced for their 6.2/6.25 Patch cycle is more exciting and seems like more content than the entire of Dragonflight.
    Didnt hear of FF in ages sinces streamer arent milking the ´´ exodus ´´ anymore, Good news that its still running though

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    They're doing so little/nothing to try to revitalize the game in terms of the social aspect, so no hype from me.

Bring back proper servers with no cross-realm/phasing shenanigans please.
    Only the players can do that. Blizzard cannot force people to socialize.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Only the players can do that. Blizzard cannot force people to socialize.
    what players ?

Just a selfish wish of mine (and almost 40% of the player-base):
    Before I die I really need to ask Hazzikostas how it was possible to drag Sylvanas as the protagonist through three long expansions and they NEVER let Dark Ranger be playable.
    DK, DH and Monk won't need to have their respective protagonists dragged around for so long and there they are fully playable.
    Not even as a fourth spec of Hunter was it possible to play with what would have been one of the coolest classes in the game. A hunter of the Darkness. With mind Control, teleporter, shadow clones, black arrows, chains with aoe stun, perma-stealth, etc etc etc...

Particularly for me it's quite frustrating to see the lore moving in a very different path from what so many players have been asking for years...

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    I haven't pre ordered yet. If it wasn't for the new talent trees, my interest would be zero. It blows my mind the level of incompetence, laziness, or just plain lack of imagination coming from blizz these days. FF14, ESO, and other MMORPG's are putting out better content, and MORE of it than ever before....
    I heard that the new ESO expansion is among the worst they have ever done and the only new feature is a card game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    Just a selfish wish of mine (and almost 40% of the player-base):
    Before I die I really need to ask Hazzikostas how it was possible to drag Sylvanas as the protagonist through three long expansions and they NEVER let Dark Ranger be playable.
    DK, DH and Monk won't need to have their respective protagonists dragged around for so long and there they are fully playable.
    Not even as a fourth spec of Hunter was it possible to play with what would have been one of the coolest classes in the game. A hunter of the Darkness. With mind Control, teleporter, shadow clones, black arrows, chains with aoe stun, perma-stealth, etc etc etc...

Particularly for me it's quite frustrating to see the lore moving in a very different path from what so many players have been asking for years...
    Citation needed on the 40%. I think you really overestimate how people care about lore.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Citation needed on the 40%. I think you really overestimate how people care about lore.
    Here a example:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this poll on other forums (including the official wow forum years ago) and it's always between 35% to 40%.

Here a example:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this poll on other forums (including the official wow forum years ago) and it's always between 35% to 40%.
    Assuming everyone who plays the game visits forums and votes. Discounting double votes across multiple platforms.

No serious data

Since it's not out yet I'd say yeah, it's pretty fucking boring. I'm having zero fun playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Assuming everyone who plays the game visits forums and votes. Discounting double votes across multiple platforms.

No serious data
    Player feedback has always been done on the forums and not in-game!! lol. In your logic... all feedback should not be taken seriously.

And what would that be? oO'
    I've yet to be disapponted about the lore, but I have issues with BfA and shadowlands story and their narration or even the choice of main protagonist we follow

From what has been shown so far... what did you like about Dragonflight?

Of everything that has been shown so far Dragonflight has only given me one reason to hype: The new talent tree. Seeing the example of the new tree of DKs that we have already been shown, I believe that every class will have many more options now and this is very cool.

Everything else, if possible, I won't even touch. Good luck to those who got excited about the lizard race that no one ever asked for and new classes that came out of nowhere. Even cinematic was pretty weak compared to all the others.

The other expansions (at the same time Dragonflight is now) gave us much fatter previews. I'm hoping for something to appear on the horizon that will please a greater number of players in general.

And for anyone to say that I'm just complaining and I don't propose any solution to this dissatisfaction.. here's a small wish list that I've seen thousands of people asking but it seems that Blizzard will never fulfill it:

- A third, and well-deserved, spec for the Demon Hunter (Ranged).

- The Tinker class.

- The class (or new spec for the Hunter) Dark Ranger.

- Make the Order Class Hall useful again with unique quests for your class and unique rewards for your class like new xmogs, new unique class mounts and new skills.

- Fully unlink PVP activities from PVE. (SL's renown for pure PVP players was a disaster).

- Being able to fly like it was in TBC. (Without having to sell your soul to anyone).

Not all of the above wishes are mine. These are what I remember at the moment. There's so much more.

And you? Are you excited about DragonFlight? Why?
    shadowlands had one of, if not the most, hyped reveals ever and to say it was a massive let down is an understatement. maybe this is a clue that wow is finally getting things done right this time? i hope, but i think it'll just be more bs "grind more" game design.