Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    That’s your opinion. Also, Dragonriding can be “content” depending on how they implement/design it. At the end of the day, I’m an Officer in a Classic WoW guild. I pay my sub for Classic. $50 for even a single month of content is worth it (to me) then come back for each patch/whenever since my sub is paying for Classic already so it doesn’t matter. People spend $50+ per game on console/PC so what’s the difference. You don’t like Dragonflight, then don’t buy it.
    I won't.
    But that doesn't change my point that Dragonriding is not content. Dragonriding is not an activity in itself that people play. It's at most something they use to get to their content. But if they walk there, use a ground mount, a normal flying mount or dragonriding is irrelevant. No one will log into wow to dragonride, opposed to people looging in to raid, to do world quests, to pet battle, to do a warfront, to pvp or whatever. That is content. Dragonriding is just a feature like the new UI or Talents.
    That doesn't mean it's bad but it is somehow sad to see that people praise that as one of the major selling points of the expansion (probably because there is not much else).

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I won't.
    But that doesn't change my point that Dragonriding is not content. Dragonriding is not an activity in itself that people play. It's at most something they use to get to their content. But if they walk there, use a ground mount, a normal flying mount or dragonriding is irrelevant. No one will log into wow to dragonride, opposed to people looging in to raid, to do world quests, to pet battle, to do a warfront, to pvp or whatever. That is content. Dragonriding is just a feature like the new UI or Talents.
    That doesn't mean it's bad but it is somehow sad to see that people praise that as one of the major selling points of the expansion (probably because there is not much else).
    I don’t disagree with you. The “Features list” is very barebones. Furthermore, Dragonriding is only as successful as Blizzard’s implementation. As for Dragonflight being “content light”, it’s difficult to say. I have two thoughts:

1). The announcement was light in features purposefully because that’s all we’re getting

2). Hopium/Copium kicking in- the announcement was light because they only announced “some” stuff but not all.

I was dying to see the first images of the James Webb Telescope. I thought it would be pretty crazy! But I was a little disappointed. Now I have to wait for DragonFlop to see dragons with wings... having to ride dragons with wings in order to be able to fly. lolllll I hope it's more fun to look at than galaxies that are 13.5 billion years old.

Well, they might not be real dragons after all...:

Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-13 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    There’s 8 dragonflight dungeons at launch.
    Yeah, I don't know why people keep saying there are less dungeons. The number of dungeons at launch are the same as the past few expansions. Blizzard just stated that the M+ rotation will feature half new and half old dungeons to keep it fresh so we aren't running the same 8-10 for 2 years.

Reading comprehension tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mavven View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why people keep saying there are less dungeons. The number of dungeons at launch are the same as the past few expansions. Blizzard just stated that the M+ rotation will feature half new and half old dungeons to keep it fresh so we aren't running the same 8-10 for 2 years.

Reading comprehension tho
    Yeah, there are 8 base dragonflight dungeons but only 4 will be in the M+ rotation.

1+ Year Old Account
    The “we’re only getting 4 dungeons at launch” people are hilarious. This change to M+ is really good for longevity.

"There's only 4 dungeons in Dragonflight!"- People who don't play M+ for 3 seasons over two years.

1+ Year Old Account
    For M+, I rather have 4 new/4 old dungeons in S1, then 4 new/4 old in S2 (ALL new loot in each season since different dungeons/loot tables). Now, we get 8 dungeons for 2 years over and over again. Same loot. Sucks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post

Same was with Pandarens, people asked for savage BEARpeople with green eyes -> "what we got?" fat Panda kung-fu smiling ever-go-happy without green eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    "There's only 4 dungeons in Dragonflight!"- People who don't play M+ for 3 seasons over two years.
    Those people just want to complain over anything regarding dragonflight and in the end they will buy it anyways

I was dying to see the first images of the James Webb Telescope. I thought it would be pretty crazy! But I was a little disappointed. Now I have to wait for DragonFlop to see dragons with wings... having to ride dragons with wings in order to be able to fly. lolllll I hope it's more fun to look at than galaxies that are 13.5 billion years old.

How to tell everyone you grew up with hollywood dragons for easy consum made to appeal to edgy people who like loud noises and flashy pictures and never read a book , in one picture.

But out of interest what defines a REAL dragon from a FAKE dragon ?

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Between Blizzard losing a ton of employees over the last few years due to the well-known internal problems, and the loss of players for the same and a variety of other reasons, we probably have to adjust expectations for all future wow expansions down a bit. Less revenue = less resources typically, so Blizzard will be using smaller teams, more recycling of assets, more simplification of development (like using the same questlines/hubs for Alliance and Horde), etc. It's unfortunate as a player, but new content will likely continue to feel a little more watered down as wow moves forward in it's latter years.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest (and i have been the biggest DF hype there is)
    My hype kind of died with alpha and the changes.
    I feel the new race is to much (i dont know why but the abilitys are just to much) and should be toned down abit
    The bodytype change is to much (i am a female player who plays a female character, the end.)
    The new talent trees are so messed up and nothing new at all. Just took all base things and put it into a tree forcing this or that
    List goes on and on
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Quote Originally Posted by MCitra View Post
    To be honest (and i have been the biggest DF hype there is)
    My hype kind of died with alpha and the changes.
    I feel the new race is to much (i dont know why but the abilitys are just to much) and should be toned down abit
    The bodytype change is to much (i am a female player who plays a female character, the end.)
    The new talent trees are so messed up and nothing new at all. Just took all base things and put it into a tree forcing this or that
    List goes on and on
    The talents are just an illusion of choice, the people who thought that it was going to be like WoW back in 2006 or mistaken since the creation of youtube alone helps create a meta that will be expected upon most people ( perhaps not down to the very last point but will be for what the community thinks they should take ). I myself dont mind the new race i just do not like it and hate seeing classes restricted to just it or in the case of the DH's just the 2 elf races.

I will just wait until i play the content i want to engage with which is just mythic plus everything else is not important to me and if there was not player power with doing those activities i would not even engage with them.

You're right. I asked the dragons who live down the street from me, and they're just as disappointed as you are.

To think I've lived to be almost 50 years, seen the things I've seen, and to end up having an argument with people about their vision of dragons...
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

As long as no crazy new systems, it might end up putting wow back on track. I've tried to help several new people get into WoW, and they've all reported that the systems in shadowlands are too much after already levelling, and that they will never catch up
    Last edited by richardhuntr; 2022-07-16 at 06:58 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Torghast itself was not bad. It could have solved the problem solo players and small groups had no PVE progression path.
    I often wonder what Torghast could have become if they removed all the constraints and just went absolutely crazy with it. Turn it into a tower where anything is possible. For example, during Hallows End, a special set of themed floors could open up with special seasonal rewards etc. Throw old bosses in just for the hell of it. Make it a playground for new devs/artists etc. Basically just keep the place alive and fresh with new content on a regular basis and give people reasons to keep going there to have fun.

Agree.
    It looks like a bare bones, uninspired, budget expansion.
    It must be a "filler" xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Agree.
    It looks like a bare bones, uninspired, budget expansion.
    It must be a "filler" xpac.
    To be honest, expect new dungeons and a new raid.

You get basically nothing.

When you are not interested in Dracthyr.

Blizzard is just learning and I think that is a huge step forward.

Did we liked the following expansion features?
    -warfronts
    -islands
    -heart of azeroth/azerite farming
    -covenants exclusivity
    -torghast

a big freakin NOPE.

Blizz just decided they/we don't need these extravagant features which I'm sure cost a HUUUGE development time (think about the AI in islands).
    So they cut them out.

What we need is good raids and dungeons with fun bosses and immerseful gearing (the treadmill y'knos).
    That's what wow is/was all about.

Also the profession revamp is a big plus, don't forget it!