Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Labambaprincess View Post
    These were very exciting features when announced actually, but their execution and implementation in game was awfull.
    I don't know if you have access to the beta, but you gona "going arround in circle" quite fast in DF, unless something big is revealed before december or added in 10.1
    It's the problem with going back to basics, it became very boring very fast.

Torghast, Covenants, The Maw, Expeditions, Warfronts etc. etc. would have been great features if Blizzard cared to listen to feedback...
    But it's another subject I hope you'll find entertainment in DF my friend
    I really think that they should use the idea of Warfronts but with Chromie to retell the amazing larger scale battles of the warcraft universe. I really think the problem with warfronts is that WoW players in general only care about loot chasing because if it is not bettering your toon why should you care since everything is min/maxed to death ( look at the balance for most mythic raid fights for starters ). I contend that they should be used as the alliance raid system from FF14 to help give a leg up to returning players etc but the moment you add any player power to it most of the I ONLY PLAY WOW TO RAID people will bitch their asses off as they pretend they are on the same level as the best guilds. They will always be better so its not a bad thing to stop chasing and understand your limits.

WoW would be better served not giving a single shit to the raid or die players and instead focus more on everyone, if that means they only get a 7 or 8 boss raid instead of the 11 or 12 then all the better for it. More emerald nightmare less tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    well maybe something creative for a change
    you know, the polar opposite of dragons
    What would have you preferred?

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    What would have you preferred?
    I'm not part of blizzard's creative team, coming up with new ideas is not my job.

Dragons however are possibly the least creative thing they could have picked. Not only dragons as a theme have been beaten to death in fantasy in general (with stories that are all variations of "Dragons are powerful, and power corrupts. dun dun dun"), but they have already been done a lot in wow in particular.
    Dragons were a major theme of classic, wotlk, the main theme of cataclysm, and a major theme of legion. We have seen a lot of dragons in every other expansion.

Dragonflight is bringing us back to what WoW used to be in Mists of Pandaria but with Mythic+, and more World Content this time, so I'm pretty confident it's going to perform way better in raw player numbers, not the "slaver-- *cough* engagement metric", than both BFA and SL.

We had three consecutive expansions with Borrowed Power in it, let's see how one without it will perform, my guess is the people asking for Borrowed Power here are worried that Dragonflight will perform a lot better than BFA/SL and are afraid we'll never see Borrowed Power again.

Quote Originally Posted by Labambaprincess View Post
    These were very exciting features when announced actually, but their execution and implementation in game was awfull.
    I don't know if you have access to the beta, but you gona "going arround in circle" quite fast in DF, unless something big is revealed before december or added in 10.1
    It's the problem with going back to basics, it became very boring very fast.

Torghast, Covenants, The Maw, Expeditions, Warfronts etc. etc. would have been great features if Blizzard cared to listen to feedback...
    But it's another subject I hope you'll find entertainment in DF my friend
    They do care to listen to feedback. Players need to stop acting like Blizzard not giving in to all the player whining all the time = Blizzard doesn't listen. They listen. They just disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They do care to listen to feedback. Players need to stop acting like Blizzard not giving in to all the player whining all the time = Blizzard doesn't listen. They listen. They just disagree with you.
    the devs literally came out and said "in the past we heard your feedback but ignored it because we didnt think you played around with the system enough" and we got azerite armor
    they disagree like a child does when you tell them grabbing a hot pan will hurt and they say no it wont then burn themselves and then say they agree and will listen

at least they are going to stop trying to gimp players

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They have their Masterplan. They do 90% of work according to the Masterplan. Then they casually ask the players what they want, get told what players want, and then they realize that it's either too late to make the necessary changes OR the changes would affect too many systems that are already implemented, and they cba doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    if you suffer from FOMO you should take a break, its a sign of poor mental health. And if you want a game you can't fall behind in you should look into games that don't have character progression aka not rpgs
    Never knew WoW wasn't an RPG before MoP! Good to know.
    FOMO is real ever since... ouhm... om... Legion? Mage Tower, Artifact skins... Now seasonal keystonemaster mounts. One would argue the whole m+ gameplay loop is a fomo system itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    FOMO is real ever since... ouhm... om... Legion? Mage Tower, Artifact skins... Now seasonal keystonemaster mounts. One would argue the whole m+ gameplay loop is a fomo system itself.
    Trolling or selective memory?
    Limited promotional events and rewards from expansion launches?
    Wotlk Meta mounts in T7?
    Gladiator rewards?

All those were time limited rewards BEFORE mop. I still think if FOMO is something you suffer from in a video game, its the wrong game for you. If its inducing that kind of anxiety you might want to find a healthier form of entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    I'm not part of blizzard's creative team, coming up with new ideas is not my job.

Dragons however are possibly the least creative thing they could have picked. Not only dragons as a theme have been beaten to death in fantasy in general (with stories that are all variations of "Dragons are powerful, and power corrupts. dun dun dun"), but they have already been done a lot in wow in particular.
    Dragons were a major theme of classic, wotlk, the main theme of cataclysm, and a major theme of legion. We have seen a lot of dragons in every other expansion.
    I think you just post to see yourself cry. I asked what you would have preferred, but it seems you need to be told what you like.

Don't really feel you should be the arbiter of what is creative and interesting.

I think you just post to see yourself cry. I asked what you would have preferred, but it seems you need to be told what you like.

Don't really feel you should be the arbiter of what is creative and interesting.
    You can criticize books without being a writer, you can criticize movies without being a movie director, and you can criticize wow's creative direction without being creative.

Also you can enjoy some parts of wow and not enjoy others, it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing where you only either not play wow or never criticize any part of it.

People are free to complain about a hobby that in some aspects are complete trash since they kinda pay for it. I complain about sports all the time but i am far from being in a professional sports league. Much like how i think to much of the game is bent towards raiding and have barely engaged in it since Hellfire Citadel ( i do every seasons KSM tho ) and i will bitch about it because i feel its taking resources away from my 2-3 weeks of enjoyment every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    Trolling or selective memory?
    Limited promotional events and rewards from expansion launches?
    Wotlk Meta mounts in T7?
    Gladiator rewards?

All those were time limited rewards BEFORE mop. I still think if FOMO is something you suffer from in a video game, its the wrong game for you. If its inducing that kind of anxiety you might want to find a healthier form of entertainment.
    Corrupted ashbringer before Wotlk
    Atiesh before Wotlk
    Scarab Lord black scarab before gate closes
    World and realm first achievements from Wotlk on
    Collector edition items
    PvP sets
    Mop and wod challenge mode armors
    Mop and wod legendaries
    Yeah it's not a "legion and on" thing..m

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very disapointed when the Expansion was revealed. I was even more sad when I saw the latest release reveal trailer where the main feature that was advertised was dragonriding. I won't complain that it's bad, I just don't care anymore. Guess I am too old for retail so I will leave this expac for the new audience they desperately try to target for some years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Fomo is built into the game, with every gear progression gameplay type, that is why falling behind is a thing, if there was no progression fomo, nobody would fall behind. So, if anyone plays the game, they should expect to be subject to that kind of game structure. I mean this behavior is well documented in science.

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/...fig2_287791607

It's called a skinner box and they experimented with mice pulling levers and being rewarded for it with a food pellet. They'd then give the mice less food per lever push, and spread it out over larger and larger spans of time, but the mice would continue to push the lever. Wow in a nutshell.
    Last edited by r4vio928; 2022-10-05 at 09:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i disagree with the title, as well as the intent.

i am beting will be better than shadownlands

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    I was very disapointed when the Expansion was revealed. I was even more sad when I saw the latest release reveal trailer where the main feature that was advertised was dragonriding. I won't complain that it's bad, I just don't care anymore. Guess I am too old for retail so I will leave this expac for the new audience they desperately try to target for some years now.
    How the hell are you "too old" for retail? Like that doesn't even make any sense.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

I don't think the expansion needs a bunch of new features, but it needs to really rock the features it has. For the most part DF feels that way.

The main issue i have is the talents trees, and UI update are system updates. Even if you don't buy the expansion, you will get these features. To be frank these updates are core system updates which should be support by our sub fee. On top of that the wider pool of M+ dungeons are just better implementation of existing content.

Also, Blizz is incredibly notorious for not following up on its features/products and leaving them to die. If they do nothing to merge flying and dragonflying, then we'll have a big issue come next expansion when they need to decide if they'll make all our old mounts or the 5 dragonflying mounts obsolete. I'm expecting another MoP->WoD, Legion->BFA kinda of scenario where we'll have great bones, but they'll just tank it because of poor follow through.

Yeah I disagree, I think Dragonlight does have "lack" something brand new for us to try out like Torghast, Warfronts, or Islands. Frankly though, this is GOOD! Systems like these ended up being a hinderance on the core gameplay loop and wasted future dev team as the team looked for ways to tweak or fix them. Going into Dragonflight with core changes like Talents and UI, with a new big feature being entirely designed without power in mind, just fun, should hopefully aid the devs in following up the expansion with new content updates faster!

As I see it we have great new zones, improved world content, freshening up M+, a fun looking new raid, and more to look forward to, an expansion that is a fresh injection of new content, it is more WoW, not a new game, and I think that's great.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.