Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,484
    D3 is great, but so is Immortal. Immortal is the most underrated games in recent days, and you don't need to pay anything to fully enjoy it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    lol you really believe that you have to spend 20k on immortal? you eat up too much shit from the streamers
    True ... if you want to be the best you can be, you have to spend way way more than that. But can always just not PVP .. same as Diablo 3 haha.

    https://dimi777.github.io/diablo-rift-simulator/

    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    For someone whos not really into Diablo games and just wants something to play or 'have a go of', would you say Diablo 3 is still worth buying or is Diablo Immortal just as good considering its free?

    (Im bored just want something new to TRY and enjoy)
    I'd say Diablo 3.
    - It's a proper PC/Console game that's not poorly ported and it's actually designed for Keyboard/Mouse controls.
    - Has more complex classes and character customization.
    - You don't have to rely on other players for anything, unlike DI where as you advance in difficulty you just sit there in queue for dungeons, because you're not even allowed to enter solo.
    - Once you purchase it, there's nothing locked behind paying some more.

    Now it's true, D3 has nothing really to offer once you finish the campaign and are at "end game", you just farm and farm and farm to do the same thing. And it's exactly the same for DI, except you have some PvP where if you don't spend money, you will just get rekt.
    Neither game has proper end game content. What you did leveling, is exactly the same ... you get a few more bonuses to kill the exact same things that have higher values.
    Many things in DI also happen at specific intervals so you can't just go ahead and do whatever you want, whenever you want either.

    Also with DI just launched, it won't be going anywhere soon (maybe). So after you're done with D3, you can just give DI a shot afterwards.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-06-28 at 05:47 AM.

  3. #23
    Mechagnome McCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    531
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    isnt the game divided in brackets of paragons?hes not playing against teh whales that do 4-5 times more dmg than him
    I don't know about brackets or how these groups are made, since I haven't played so far. I stopped at lvl 44 because I think it's kind of boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I did, he made a deal with other guilds and played with whales on his team. He was F2P, but did no damage to people compared to his team mates.
    Yes, he did. But one Whale can't win alone in these battlegrounds. And he and his team won three times in a row against groups of whales. He said, he did what he could to help with kiting and buffing and stuff. I think one needs lots of skills as a player to even survive long enough. There are videos where he shows how a Whale just blasts him away.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    isnt the game divided in brackets of paragons?hes not playing against teh whales that do 4-5 times more dmg than him
    Not in PvP no. You get a bit squished in PvP but not enough to make up for how much stronger a whale will be due to high resonance. Ofc whales will likely climb the pvp ranks faster so you won't have to play against them. And while PvP definitely has P2W elements, you can still win without spending that much. The pain will be every time the cycle ends and the leaderboards reset. Seriously last Monday when the first cycle ended on my server, I was getting destroyed because the whales were all starting from Bronze I with the rest of us.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    Yes, he did. But one Whale can't win alone in these battlegrounds. And he and his team won three times in a row against groups of whales. He said, he did what he could to help with kiting and buffing and stuff. I think one needs lots of skills as a player to even survive long enough. There are videos where he shows how a Whale just blasts him away.
    You seem to completely ignore the fact that his friends were also using a lot money. He was THE ONLY F2P player in his team.

  6. #26
    If you want to play amazingly good game - pick up D2:R.
    If you want to play extremely in-depth and non-casual but at the end probably the best and most supported aRPG game - pick up PoE.
    If you just mindlessly destroy hordes of enemies and having fun without thinking about specs/items etc - pick up D3.
    Do not even touch D:I.

  7. #27
    First, sry for my english.

    My 2 cents, neither of them.

    Explaining.

    If you want a single player my advice is going for Diablo 2 Resurrected (online too, with multiplayer), you can trade items freely with other players, there is a lot more freedom of choice (ofcourse if you go to icy-veins and follow a guide, there are cookie cutter builds).

    If you want a free game, because you said it's not your kind of game usually, i'd say go with Diablo Immortal, even without spending 1$ it's not that bad, it's an MMO with a lot of stuff to do, but it's a mobile game, not much freedom of roaming, you're pretty much on rails, the game tells you to go to location X, collect, get reward, rinse and repeat. Then there are some repeatable activities to do (rifts, bounties, dungeons, bosses, etc.)

    EXTRA: if you are into PvP (Arenas), go Lost Ark, you just need to level a char to lvl26 to be able to join Arena 3v3/6 player deathmatch(1v1v1v1v1v1)/Team duels(1v1 when a player dies, the following turn, a teammate join the fight and the player that won last turn will have the remaining hp). No need to farm anything on that matter, plus it's an MMO with dungeons, raids and Guild V Guild PVP (for that you need to farm gear in PvE). Free to Play
    Last edited by m4elstr0m; 2022-06-28 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #28
    If you're someone like me who isn't enticed by endless customization and player choices, D3 is probably more up your alley than PoE. I personally see no attraction in the galaxy of choices that the PoE universe offers you and I'd spend more time researching than I would do playing the game. D3 is quick to get in to and will most definitely offer you many hours of gameplay before you get to the seasonal grind that pretty much all online ARPGs are centered around nowdays.

    D:I isn't that bad of a game, I'd argue that it's better than D3 in some aspects, but for a PC ports I have some gripes with the interface and movement/player controls, at least playing a ranged class. The PC client is still in beta though, so perhaps it'll get better. I wouldn't even listen to the mindless complaints about monetization considering you can try the game for free and make your own mind up instead. While it's true that you can pay for power to reach the top of the leaderboards or be better at PvP (battlegrounds), this isn't something that your average casual player will notice for a long time, if ever at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes,if you want to be even entry level decent you have to pay thausands,maybe actualy educate yourself on it before you come out looking like an obvious payed shill

    this isnt a ''eat up what streamers say lul''...youtube is FULL of perfectly respectable content creators explaining in very good detail why the game is shiting down your neck if your f2p and how its a pointless experience
    I think you need to grab a shovel and haul all that manure back on your truck (You could call it a shitload ). The vast majority of all content creators pay little to nothing for the game and most of them have a reasonably good time in it. The fact that you can make money off of complaining about how a game makes money incentivizes certain individuals to hop the bandwagon of negative youtube content that seems to have such a strong influence on people like yourself.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie
    I think you need to grab a shovel and haul all that manure back on your truck (You could call it a shitload ). The vast majority of all content creators pay little to nothing for the game and most of them have a reasonably good time in it. The fact that you can make money off of complaining about how a game makes money incentivizes certain individuals to hop the bandwagon of negative youtube content that seems to have such a strong influence on people like yourself.
    Which ones have a "reasonably good time with it"? The vast majority shit-canned the game entirely, and the few that did pay did it ironically to show how shit it is.

    It's a fucking garbage game with some good systems ideas that would be great in an arpg that is good.

    The fact that you (OP) is asking about D3 vs Immortal means you're considering PC, in which case you'd be fucking insane to play Immortal as a primary game.

    D3 is a fine playthrough and go back to game every now and then; path of exile is excellent and free. If you don't play arpgs at all and you are looking for a pc game, play PoE.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    lol you really believe that you have to spend 20k on immortal? you eat up too much shit from the streamers
    Given how gear is only a fraction of player power, and gems are gated behind buying keys (cause you cannot drop the 5* ones from free crests), yes, you need to soend money in there.

    Just because you're slow at hitting a wall and doesn't hurt you, it doesn't mean it's not there.

    Oh, and once you have upgraded your gem to 5* and 10 ranks (which you have to soend money for), have fun with the new awakened gem sockets and do the same process for another 5 times. And that specifically requires upgrade mats you can literally only buy with money.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    thanks guys i will give it a whirl its only £8.50
    Path of Exile is the same, but better, with way more content, devs still actively working on it, seasons bringing actual new content and mechanics, and his free. If you haven't tried it, I would highly advised you to try it instead of wasting money in d3 (and even more in diablo immoral)

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Given how gear is only a fraction of player power, and gems are gated behind buying keys (cause you cannot drop the 5* ones from free crests), yes, you need to soend money in there.

    Just because you're slow at hitting a wall and doesn't hurt you, it doesn't mean it's not there.

    Oh, and once you have upgraded your gem to 5* and 10 ranks (which you have to soend money for), have fun with the new awakened gem sockets and do the same process for another 5 times. And that specifically requires upgrade mats you can literally only buy with money.
    Actually you can because it happened to me. Made a new char to try a ranged class and all starts aligned from the monthly "free" legendary crest. Not only did I get a 5*, it was a 5/5 too.
    I obviously switched chars but then comes the funny part. In order to upgrade it to rank 2, I either have to spend around 75 euros, or do it for free in like 1.5 months.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Sanguinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knowhere
    Posts
    3,632
    D3 is a fun game and definitely worth the money when on sale. Wouldn't go for Immortal myself simply due to how disgusting the game is designed regardless of wether or not I'd enjoy some of my time playing it, it's about sending a the message.

    Are there better games than D3? Sure but that wasn't the question right.

    I'd go for Diablo 3!
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

  14. #34
    Both of them are amazing and I enjoy playing both of them. Immortal is a little bit easier for new players also more engaging.
    These are my ideas and comparison about which one is better:
    1- Content: Immortal
    2- Player power progression: D3
    3- Legendary drops: D3
    4- New players friendly: Immortal
    5- Spells and builds: D3
    6- Bugs: Immortal is so buggy
    7- Grindy: Immortal is super grindy for hardcore players but much better than d3 for casual players

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    For someone whos not really into Diablo games and just wants something to play or 'have a go of', would you say Diablo 3 is still worth buying or is Diablo Immortal just as good considering its free?

    (Im bored just want something new to TRY and enjoy)
    Man I would love to have a “new to me” experience with diablo 3 again, especially these days

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Actually you can because it happened to me. Made a new char to try a ranged class and all starts aligned from the monthly "free" legendary crest. Not only did I get a 5*, it was a 5/5 too.
    I obviously switched chars but then comes the funny part. In order to upgrade it to rank 2, I either have to spend around 75 euros, or do it for free in like 1.5 months.
    IIRC you reach some point where you definitely need to spend money because of specific reagents or simply because the amount of stuff needed if you are f2p can take literal years.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    IIRC you reach some point where you definitely need to spend money because of specific reagents or simply because the amount of stuff needed if you are f2p can take literal years.
    Oh absolutely. Even if you don't die of old age and play long enough to rank a gem to 10, you can't awaken the item without real money spending as the item is only available for the p2w currency.

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    IIRC you reach some point where you definitely need to spend money because of specific reagents or simply because the amount of stuff needed if you are f2p can take literal years.
    Awakening is only ever available via purchases, no other way to get Eternal Orbs and they don't have a way to get the reagent for Plat.

    A lot of servers are dead already. Mine is still doing OK but I've read so many stories of people not being able to find people to run dungeons. My understanding is, they need to have far more free events and small rewards to keep people logging. And they absolutely need to give people more free crests or change the way runes work (so you actually get enough Ati runes to craft gems).

    I'm still enjoying the game but that's because I have an active clan and have people to do things together. But I am not at all sure I'll stick around for second season. Maybe will try to join an immortal clan to check how things are on the other side and then I'm off, logging in to check story updates.

    I still enjoy the world building and the story though. Mt Zavain and the Shassar sea are just solid stories that fit in Sanctuary. I really hope D4 makes an actual effort to do world building cause the previous games didn't make an effort and the Diablo novels are actually decent compared to e.g. the Warcraft ones.

  19. #39
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,115
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes,if you want to be even entry level decent you have to pay thausands,maybe actualy educate yourself on it before you come out looking like an obvious payed shill

    this isnt a ''eat up what streamers say lul''...youtube is FULL of perfectly respectable content creators explaining in very good detail why the game is shiting down your neck if your f2p and how its a pointless experience
    One doesn't even need the youtubers to tell you this. Playing the game as f2p it becomes clear that PvP is useless to even try to compete, as you'll be eaten alive. And even PvE just fucks you over. Once you beat the story there's very little to do to progress your character power beyond gaining paragon levels and occassionally getting a crumb (monthly seal) for the tiniest of chances at a strong gem. F2P in this game is shit. I'd rather play Genshin Impact. At least their f2p model is pretty generous, and it's possible to get many of the 5 star characters without swiping. But even without, most 4 star characters are perfectly acceptable.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If D3 is on sale for <$10, I suppose it would be worth it for the... 10 hour campaign. As others have stated, there are other games like Path of Exile that will give you far more progression and story gameplay that doesn't simply feel like a grind.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •