Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 vs Immortal for newbies

For someone whos not really into Diablo games and just wants something to play or 'have a go of', would you say Diablo 3 is still worth buying or is Diablo Immortal just as good considering its free?

(Im bored just want something new to TRY and enjoy)

Grim Dawn or Path of Exile,these are by far the best arpg itches,d3 is fun for a once over the story and maybe playing seasonals for a few days

Diablo immoral is a joke unless you plan on spending atleast 20k,the f2p model is a literal scam,and you only exist as fodder for whales

only asking about diablo 3 because its on sale atm and ive never really played it past the starter edition, they aint even my type of games tbh but lately I dont really know what is, gaming is dying for me and I dont want it too.... if youve ever been there ha
    so diablo 3 is worth buying then would you say ?

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    only asking about diablo 3 because its on sale atm and ive never really played it past the starter edition, they aint even my type of games tbh but lately I dont really know what is, gaming is dying for me and I dont want it too.... if youve ever been there ha
    d3 is easily worth the money. tons of fun the first time you play, and if you enjoy seasonal stuff, the resets can be fun as well. the game plays great and is really enjoyable, but if you play it a ton, easy to burn out or get bored.

honestly i dont rly feel like its worth it when you have games like Grim Dawn that is cheaper and has 2 big expansions and has content for atleast a few hundred hours,or path of exile that is FREEE and has ALL the content ungated for hundreds of hours

d3 u finish the story in a few hours and then your just mindlesly farming the same rifts over for primals

Diablo 3 is decent value especially as it's on sale(20€ for battle chest atm). Meanwhile Immortal is somewhat decent for backstory into the franchise, but gameplay is worse and superficial. Also if you get hooked you stand to loose your whole bank balance. I don't really see any reason to play Immortal over D3 unless you are really into mobile gaming or are a millionaire that wants to PvP. As a new experience it's good for 10-15 hours or so, more if you bother to listen to dialogue. Meanwhile D3 has potential to be hundreds of hours if you like it and want to play a season.

But what I'd personally go for right now if you like hack and slash is Last Epoch. It's slated to release it's multiplayer beta soon(ish). Then again that is an early access game and not all people like those.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2022-06-27 at 08:50 PM.

Honestly if you're on the fence and don't know ARPG's very well, you might as well just download D:I for free and see if you like that kind of gameplay, they're fairly similar in that regard.

Then if you find you like it - and you don't want to dick around with the F2P model - just buy D3 and play that ad infinitum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Grim Dawn or Path of Exile,these are by far the best arpg itches,d3 is fun for a once over the story and maybe playing seasonals for a few days

Diablo immoral is a joke unless you plan on spending atleast 20k,the f2p model is a literal scam,and you only exist as fodder for whales
    lol you really believe that you have to spend 20k on immortal? you eat up too much shit from the streamers
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    lol you really believe that you have to spend 20k on immortal? you eat up too much shit from the streamers
    To do well in PvP, yes. And that game is mostly all about PvP.

thanks guys i will give it a whirl its only £8.50

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    yes,if you want to be even entry level decent you have to pay thausands,maybe actualy educate yourself on it before you come out looking like an obvious payed shill

this isnt a ''eat up what streamers say lul''...youtube is FULL of perfectly respectable content creators explaining in very good detail why the game is shiting down your neck if your f2p and how its a pointless experience

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 is an insanely good game if you're playing it for the first time and are an ARPG fan. It's an easy buy when on sale. You will get 10 times the hours played out of it compared to other newer AAA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Diablo 3 is an insanely good game if you're playing it for the first time and are an ARPG fan. It's an easy buy when on sale. You will get 10 times the hours played out of it compared to other newer AAA games.
    how??it has one of the shortest campaigns ever,and then your off to spaming the same rifts over and over,the ammount of content is a joke,games like poe or grim dawn have literal hundreds of hours of constant content to progress in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    yes,if you want to be even entry level decent you have to pay thausands,maybe actualy educate yourself on it before you come out looking like an obvious payed shill

this isnt a ''eat up what streamers say lul''...youtube is FULL of perfectly respectable content creators explaining in very good detail why the game is shiting down your neck if your f2p and how its a pointless experience
    Did you see the video from Wudijo? He got the highest rank (Legendary something) in PvP without spending any money. But he says it's a whole-day-work to get as far as he did and the system counting wins or loses is unfair. And he made a special video after this achievement and compares Diablo Immoral with D3 and explaines the differences in playstyle and other stuff.

Ya'll just couldn't answer the OP without flinging shit about this game or that game at each other, could ya?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    d3 is easily worth the money. tons of fun the first time you play, and if you enjoy seasonal stuff, the resets can be fun as well. the game plays great and is really enjoyable, but if you play it a ton, easy to burn out or get bored.
    I still enjoy some D3! just started a barb for this season

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    Did you see the video from Wudijo? He got the highest rank (Legendary something) in PvP without spending any money. But he says it's a whole-day-work to get as far as he did and the system counting wins or loses is unfair. And he made a special video after this achievement and compares Diablo Immoral with D3 and explaines the differences in playstyle and other stuff.
    isnt the game divided in brackets of paragons?hes not playing against teh whales that do 4-5 times more dmg than him

For someone whos not really into Diablo games and just wants something to play or 'have a go of', would you say Diablo 3 is still worth buying or is Diablo Immortal just as good considering its free?

(Im bored just want something new to TRY and enjoy)
    DI is a lot of fun, you can play it on PC walk away and have the seme exact game in your hands. If you're not the kind of person that cares about leaderboards, DI is going to be a treat. If you're competitive, DI might suck. The game isn't as extensive as D3. You'll probably meet other people in DI and have a good time in a clan.

I'd reccomend a casual person looking for a cool social game with continuous cross platform play, hit up DI. If you want an expansive single player experience that you can dump thousands of hours into, wait for D4 (or play D3).

Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    I did, he made a deal with other guilds and played with whales on his team. He was F2P, but did no damage to people compared to his team mates.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    D3 is still pretty worth it, especially if you can grab it on Sale. I got it for free with the 1-year Annual Pass years ago for WoW and have put around 500hrs into it.