Suggestion: The ability to view a users previous names and icons.

I say this because of multiple troll accounts who will try and rotate their names and icons in attempts to regain credibility with a name change while still preserving their post count to make it look like they have been here for a while.

Not asking the world, but if I was an absolute turd who lied, antagonized and trolled to the point I was known for it, I shouldn't be able to just change my name and have people not know who I am without having to do massive homework trying to look at my post histories along with any responses to them to figure out whom I really was.

Should be able to just look at the name and see a "Previous Name" option.

And off topic in response to your part on repeat offenders.
    If you think there is no consequence for repeat/frequent offenders, then you aren't understanding the points system. The punishment for repeat offenders is escalating ban durations and eventual account closure. If someone is at the level where they are triggering three week bans -- there are only a few tiers above that -- they are dangerously close to this happening.
    Please spend some time in the politics section and you will see that they have learned to game that system to uselessness. We have literally had known trolls on there for over a year and still there.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Seconding before this thread too gets locked with a lame excuse and no action whatsoever.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I say this because of multiple troll accounts who will try and rotate their names and icons in attempts to regain credibility with a name change while still preserving their post count to make it look like they have been here for a while.

Not asking the world, but if I was an absolute turd who lied, antagonized and trolled to the point I was known for it, I shouldn't be able to just change my name and have people not know who I am without having to do massive homework trying to look at my post histories along with any responses to them to figure out whom I really was.

Should be able to just look at the name and see a "Previous Name" option.

And off topic in response to your part on repeat offenders.

Please spend some time in the politics section and you will see that they have learned to game that system to uselessness. We have literally had known trolls on there for over a year and still there.
    And all of a sudden those trolls got permabanned after my question about repeating offenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Personally I changed my name maybe 3 times since I have been here in 11+ years and I have changed my photo 3 or 4. However in none of those times did I do so to hide who I am for example.

If you have someone on Ignore, as I have only ever done twice in the time I've been here, anytime they changed their names, they are still on my ignore list. Changing names or Photos doesn't change that.

As for hiding if someone has been here say 10 years, while there are more than a handful no, it's really is impossible to hide from anyone especially people here who have been here a long time. You can't hide your history or post count.

Bottom line I think what you're requesting is fine, but I personally don't see it as doing anything, especially when the problem with what you are talking about are VPNs and parked Alt Accounts on here that once one gets banned they literally hop on another with a whole new identity.

People change their names, people might change their avatar, that isn't hiding, it's background sometimes it's nice to have a different esthetic. Hell some do it to be festive for holidays too
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh