Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    I remember being quite competent in my Relentless geared Warlock.

    Of course exceptions existed, Warriors walked right over me and Rogues usually got the upper hand.

    Also you're using private servers as a benchmark? I know I'm breaking my own rule by feeding the troll but sheesh.

  2. #42
    PvP started hilarously in Wrath, with rating requirements on just about everything, even honor gear (I think the libram slot was the only exception). They walked that back pretty quickly, I think, or at least they changed the rating system.

    Wintergrasp was fun, though.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

  3. #43
    No they didnt change the rating, it exists through all the content.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    No they didnt change the rating, it exists through all the content.
    I believe they changed the algorithm used to compute personal ratings soon after Wrath released. There was a lot of churn there in the first season.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The Oculus, but it's the whole expansion!" -- Brianna Royce, Massively OP, on Dragon Riding
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

  5. #45
    hurr durr go to a private server



    What a stellar argument. Post on your main account.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

    Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

  6. #46
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,782
    Wrath had Wintergrasp.
    Wrath best PVP.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    Many people will lose their rose tinted colored glasses hard when they play WOTLK this time around:

    [LIST][*]Healers are broken and unkillable[*]Paladins and Death knights are completely broken OP
    Can attest to this. I had a max geared Prot Pally as my main then. I remember standing at the entrance of Ulduar fighting 5 Alliance at once(all dps) and them not coming anywhere near killing me.

    Also once outside of Kharazan, I fought a Rogue and Resto Druid for 30 minutes before the 3 of us decided to stop fighting or we were never going to do anything else.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

  8. #48

  9. #49
    From what I remember healers were easier to kill in Wrath than probably any other expansion, and most of the other points are exaggerated. That being said though, I never thought Wrath or Mists were the golden eras either.

  10. #50
    Yup pretty much everything here is standard pvp for any expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    How the fuck is this trolling?

    Discussing moderation is against the rules. Infracted.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    Yeah dude you totally got me and everything I said is a lie now. Maybe up your IQ and stop using fallacies (red herring, appeal to ridicule) to try (and fail) to make an argument.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I believe Vanilla was a much better pvp expansion.
    Careful guys he has a BA. You say Vanilla was better....it had elite gear only available to the elite grinders. It had HORRIBLE balance, talk about one shotting lol. Rogues killing ANYONE in a cc chain if they know what theyre doing. fear spamming on a lock and just /lol as your dots do their thing. Arms warriors charging and causing targets to just disappear. I want what you're smoking man, gotta get that IQ up

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    Many people will lose their rose tinted colored glasses hard when they play WOTLK this time around:

    • Healers are broken and unkillable
    • Damage from pve gear was broken hence you needed pve items to pvp and there were specs out there using full pve items to onseshot people
    • Paladins and Death knights are completely broken OP
    • Shadowmourne
    • Classes were really imbalanced, people say in this expansion everybody was almost on the same level that is an outright lie
    • Forced arenas. Gear is behing arena rating, so people that get there first get an artificial and unfair advantage that will make harder for others to aquire this gear, is complete moronic, imagine if in any pvp game people in higher ranks on top of being better at the game also got bonus to their damage and defense just for being higher than you.

    It is really bad, you will see, all you need to do is go to a famous pserver and test the waters there, you will see combat rogues in full pve oneshotting people, paladins that end up leaving both their duels because they can't litterally kill one another due to infinite mana and heals, broken Shadowmourne users oneshoting people left and right, Death knights with litterally no counter class stomping everyone on the ground. Hunters with double Deterrence and tons of traps and slows that will never let you get close to them, healers in BG's deciding who wins because they are completely broken and need at the very minimum 2 skilled players using all their CD's to TRY to kill them because I have seen them surivive 5 people on them.

    It's litterally a shitshow. This was bad back in the day where not everybody was minmaxing and tryharding, this will be terrible when this launches, everyone will be the same OP classes, everyone on the same OP specs etc. etc. it will be super toxic.
    Excellent than.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    hurr durr go to a private server



    What a stellar argument. Post on your main account.
    Your mediocre adhominems can't make the people interested in knowing the truth don't listen and just go to a pserver and see for themselves, what is awaiting for them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Can attest to this. I had a max geared Prot Pally as my main then. I remember standing at the entrance of Ulduar fighting 5 Alliance at once(all dps) and them not coming anywhere near killing me.

    Also once outside of Kharazan, I fought a Rogue and Resto Druid for 30 minutes before the 3 of us decided to stop fighting or we were never going to do anything else.
    Were you all in pvp gear or you were in pve tanking set? do you happen to know what the rogue was wearing? a full pve combat rogue can really mess you up with killing spree crutch, he probably was sub.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    From what I remember healers were easier to kill in Wrath than probably any other expansion, and most of the other points are exaggerated. That being said though, I never thought Wrath or Mists were the golden eras either.
    LMAO healers easy to kill gtfoh
    Last edited by kironto; 2022-06-29 at 03:34 AM.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    na cata or mop were far better,but wrath was pretty close
    you are very brave

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    Many people will lose their rose tinted colored glasses hard when they play WOTLK this time around:

    • Healers are broken and unkillable
    • Damage from pve gear was broken hence you needed pve items to pvp and there were specs out there using full pve items to onseshot people
    • Paladins and Death knights are completely broken OP
    • Shadowmourne
    • Classes were really imbalanced, people say in this expansion everybody was almost on the same level that is an outright lie
    • Forced arenas. Gear is behing arena rating, so people that get there first get an artificial and unfair advantage that will make harder for others to aquire this gear, is complete moronic, imagine if in any pvp game people in higher ranks on top of being better at the game also got bonus to their damage and defense just for being higher than you.

    It is really bad, you will see, all you need to do is go to a famous pserver and test the waters there, you will see combat rogues in full pve oneshotting people, paladins that end up leaving both their duels because they can't litterally kill one another due to infinite mana and heals, broken Shadowmourne users oneshoting people left and right, Death knights with litterally no counter class stomping everyone on the ground. Hunters with double Deterrence and tons of traps and slows that will never let you get close to them, healers in BG's deciding who wins because they are completely broken and need at the very minimum 2 skilled players using all their CD's to TRY to kill them because I have seen them surivive 5 people on them.

    It's litterally a shitshow. This was bad back in the day where not everybody was minmaxing and tryharding, this will be terrible when this launches, everyone will be the same OP classes, everyone on the same OP specs etc. etc. it will be super toxic.
    Thanks for reminding people why I enjoy Wrath PvP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

  16. #56
    Over 9000! Kyphael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,556
    Wintergrasp says otherwise. Most fun I had in PVP ever.

  17. #57
    That's funny because there are even hundreds of private server only for WotLK PvP.

  18. #58
    I mean most expansions are bad for PvP. WoW PvP is historically very sub par.

  19. #59
    Pit Lord Aurabolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    actually wotlk was the golden area lmao
    This x 1000. Especially World PvP.

    It was a great time to be Alliance. Racking up HKs on a Horde-dominant server came so easy. Especially in Wintergrasp BEFORE the hard caps were put in (240, 120, 80 and then 40). That was when the Horde's numbers advantage was a real liability. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

    This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

  20. #60
    All this time later, and people still only remember DKs from season 5....

    CONVENIENTLY always forgetting that Blizz nearly bludgeoned them to death with the nerf bat in S6.... The class was the most populated class in game at the time, and had less than half the representation above 2k as the 2nd worse class, hunters, a class that itself was considered to be "broken" at the time.

    They recovered back to viability in further patches, and ended up in a solid place by S8...... but even with Smourne, and 100% ArP warriors/rogues running about in that season, I'd much much rather have been a caster at that time. Destro and Ele in particular where absolute monsters with Dislodged Foreign Object.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •