Poll: What leveling path will you take on launch day of Wrath Classic?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonewholurks View Post
    Are you suggesting it’s not prevalent in retail? Because it is, you absolute plonker…. You’re deluding yourself if you’re saying otherwise.
    Not to the extent it is in classic. Classic is 10000x worst than anything in retail. If you think otherwise than you literally have no idea what you are talking about. I play both, retail is calm and devoid of it compared to classic. To even try and make an excuse about it shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theonewholurks View Post
    It's virtually the same thing you fucking troglodyte. Stop grasping at straws.
    It is not even close to the same thing. Also try not to "insult" people when you do not know a thing about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ukko View Post
    Borean Tundra is really good because of the Kirin Tor reputation quests (and the Nexus ones at Coldarra). So i'm probably going with Borean (even as a horde).

BT for the meta. HF for the atmosphere.

No desire whatsoever in playing of course; however, if someone was holding a gun to my head - I would 100% opt for the latter because I've already played WotLK when it was relevant with that 'meta' mentality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Not to the extent it is in classic. Classic is 10000x worst than anything in retail. If you think otherwise than you literally have no idea what you are talking about. I play both, retail is calm and devoid of it compared to classic. To even try and make an excuse about it shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not even close to the same thing. Also try not to "insult" people when you do not know a thing about the topic.
    Paying for a boost and/or carry, with the end result of strengthening your character? How is it not? Stop being obtuse, child. I'm not here to argue semantics with you.
    Last edited by Theonewholurks; 2022-06-29 at 12:13 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Gdkp and boosting is essentially the same thing. Come on now son

GDKP is a classic thing. It doesn't happen in retail. If you are going to use references atleast use them correctly.
    Hello! Someone who played wrath the first time around. GDKP's began in original wrath so..unsure where you see a time where they didnt, because i lead atleast 3-4 a week during ICC. Made insane amounts of gold.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

3+ Year Old Account
    Borean Tundra as I've always done.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose184 View Post
    As title says. What path will you take for your leveling route?
    I will do both first areas if they are not too crowded. I do not intent to play Asap when the server goes live so i may be able to have a smooth play time

15+ Year Old Account
    Where's the choice for, 'lol @ giving blizzard money'?

Howling Fjord, how is that even a question? Boring tundra is the worst intro zone to an expansion in the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    then i will level blood dk so instant dungoens invites again
    I feel like if you're planning on leveling exclusively through dungeons on your DK you should think about frost tanking, even with the buffed talents you won't have the inflated stats to take advantage of blood's strengths while you level, and given the majority of dungeons are aoe pulling frost has better snap threat.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Howling Fjord, how is that even a question? Boring tundra is the worst intro zone to an expansion in the entire game.

I feel like if you're planning on leveling exclusively through dungeons on your DK you should think about frost tanking, even with the buffed talents you won't have the inflated stats to take advantage of blood's strengths while you level, and given the majority of dungeons are aoe pulling frost has better snap threat.
    I would argue that Vashj'ir is the worst one.

I'm going Howling Fjord as I've never done it before. I've always done Borean Tundra in the past, and I'm not a huge fan of Borean Tundra either to be perfectly honest. As a Horde player it has always been Borean Tundra by default, but this time I'm going out of my way to get to Howling Fjord so I can experience it myself. People seem to think it's the best thing known to man so I just hope my expectations aren't too high making me disappointed.

Borean has a lot of spicy quest chain gear rewards (for horde anyway) that will stay bis on a fresh toon to mid 70s, along with plenty of rep with kirin Tor as well. Damned if HF isn't a lot prettier and atmospheric though...

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I will take a path that leads me far away from Wrath : Reforged . Without dungeon finder and without quest tracker it is not going to be like the original.
    Neither feature was added until the icc patch, and the quest tracker is being added.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to boom it but a Thread already exists on this topic m8

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Borean-Tundra

It's gonna depend how gross the zones are on launch.

My preference is Howling Fijord.... One of my favorite zones in the entire game's history, tbh (I have no idea why everyone else loves Grizzly).

That said, if we don't have sufficient layers, and HF is a giant crapfest, then I'll probably move to either dragonblight or even Grizzly Hills and straight grind-level. I've got a few spots picked out that should let me level in relative peace on either of my "mains" (I haven't quite decided between DK or Lock)

10+ Year Old Account
    We had this exact poll before, or well, question was like "whats your favorite zone".

Howling Fjord has a nicer scenery and better music. But the quests in the Fjord ARE GARBAGE. Leveling efficiently here SUCKS.
    Borean Tundra has sort of a boring scenery, underwhelming atmosphere, but the quests are FAR better, top choice for good leveling.

I'm going Borean for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    Borean ofcourse, Howling looks awesome but is aweful to quest imo.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Sticking with playing my new Steam games, the more they (Blizzard) changes it, the less I want to play it again.
    *at one point I was really looking forward to it, and I would have picked Howling Fjord.

Probably a bit of both with a few dungeons thrown in. I'll be on a fresh server so I want as many quests as possible available at 80 to do for gold. Also Dragonblight is one of my least favourite zones in the game so I want to skip as much of that as I can.

I love Howling Fjord but there's so much travel time in that zone, so I guess I'm head over to Borean Tundra which has a better quest/exp density

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    I would argue that Vashj'ir is the worst one.
    Nope, Vashj'ir is the best one. But that's for sure: Vashj'ir is simply one thing: you either love it or you hate it, there is nothing between.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The path of not playing because this butchered abomination they're giving us in no way represents the true Wrath experience.
    There will never be another True Wrath experience. We already know what is going to happen and all of the raids. The closest you will get is Dragonflight in that regard.