Page 1 of 43
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

2022-23 NCAA Football Thread

Welcome to the NCAA college football thread! season starts next month, so time to open a new thread!

Feel free to talk about anything specifically related to college football here.

For the newbies:

[B]Power 5 conferences
    Big 12
    Big 10
    SEC
    ACC
    Pac 12

[B]Non Power 5
    Sunbelt
    Mountain West
    Mid-American
    Conference USA
    AAC
    Independent schools (Notre Dame, BYU ect...)

Reminder: football vs handegg vs soccer is infractable. Pro vs college bashing is also not welcome here.

- - - Updated - - -

Florida is losing so many players to the portal...

And I just realized I put 23-24 instead of 22-23

PRESEASON POLLS:

AP

1-Bama
    2-Ohio St
    3-Georgia
    4-Clemson
    5-NDame
    6-A&M
    7-Utah
    8-Michigan
    9-OU
    10-Baylor
    11-Oregon
    12-Okla St
    13-NC St
    14-USC
    15-Mich St
    16-Miami
    17-Pitt
    18-Wisconsin
    19-Arkansas
    20-Kentucky
    21-Ole Miss
    22-Wake
    23-Cincinnati
    24-Houston
    25-BYU

Coaches

1 Alabama
    2 Ohio State
    3 Georgia
    4 Clemson
    5 Notre Dame
    6 Michigan
    7 Texas A&M
    8 Utah
    9 Oklahoma
    10 Baylor
    11 Oklahoma State
    12 Oregon
    13 NC State
    14 Michigan State
    15 USC
    16 Pittsburgh
    17 Miami
    18 Texas
    19 Wake Forest
    20 Wisconsin
    21 Kentucky
    22 Cincinnati
    23 Arkansas
    24 Ole Miss
    25 Houston
    Last edited by Lilithvia; 2022-08-18 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll fix it.

All your croots are belong to Arch

10+ Year Old Account
    Errrrrrr, wat https://twitter.com/wilnerhotline/st...59346453729281

"Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power."

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, thats gonna mess up a lot. Probably causes the collapse of the Pac 10 unless they cannibalize the MWC since the BIG 12 already picked up all the hot G5 schools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I'll fix it.

All your croots are belong to Arch
    Can you fix the map or just remove it? It's comically stupid ... way too many basketball-only schools.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...78895655997441

"Spoke to a few sources who called USC and UCLA's move to the Big Ten a formality, with a press conference expected in next 24 hours. Perhaps as soon as tonight. This is essentially done."

Welllllll then. Seems like this is the new thing. With USC and UCLA moving, there's zero doubt that Oregon will eventually move too. Too much Nike money to not be in the conference with the big names.

Also

Apparently a LOT of this is being orchestrated by FOX sports network, who own 61% of the Big Ten Network. So this i sjust as much a media company maneuvering and pushing the schools with their huge money deals as ESPN was moving the SEC and Texas and Oklahoma. Counter move if you will.

Pretty disgusting that everywhere we look things are being orchestrated and influenced by huge media companies who hold no accountability except to money and more money.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Can you fix the map or just remove it? It's comically stupid ... way too many basketball-only schools.
    I've given up fixing it. Within two years it'll end up like this. Wait till FBS realignment is finished to update it with fucking @xskarma stealing PAC12 teams.

Shame on you.
    Shaaaaaaaaaaame.
    SHUN THE NONBELIEVER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I've given up fixing it. Within two years it'll end up like this. Wait till FBS realignment is finished to update it with fucking @xskarma stealing PAC12 teams.

Shame on you.
    Shaaaaaaaaaaame.
    SHUN THE NONBELIEVER
    Pac-10**

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Pretty disgusting that everywhere we look things are being orchestrated and influenced by huge media companies who hold no accountability except to money and more money.
    That's the American Way!!!!

What's up with the state of the Georiga map? No GT? And no way does that school in the Southern part of the State have that much sway. No Georiga State either.

Past time for playoffs!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure the Biog 12 would love ot have Utah (and Colorado, Az and Az st) This way, Utah vs BYU will still be happening!

Also, found a better map if you dont mind me changing it Lilith

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I jest about Pac-10, but the Big 10 now has 16 teams, so how does that work then?

10+ Year Old Account
    and here's USC Presidents statement, which I get since I'm a USC alum. It's a long one

Dear Trojan Community,

I am writing with exciting news about the future for our student-athletes and university community. We are announcing today that USC will join the Big Ten Conference, with plans to begin membership in August 2024. This decision was made after serious deliberation and analysis, and with great appreciation and respect for our Pac-12 colleagues with whom we have enjoyed a wonderful history and relationship.

We have worked hard over the past three years to ground university decisions in what is best for our students. One of our priorities was to build a student-centric athletics program deeply committed to ensuring that all our student-athletes can compete at the highest level athletically and achieve at the highest level academically. We have made that a reality under our terrific athletic director, Mike Bohn, along with his leadership team, coaches, staff and, of course, our student-athletes.

Reflecting that commitment, we also announced today that all USC student-athletes — regardless of scholarship status — will have the opportunity to receive direct financial support in the form of Alston academic achievement awards beginning in the upcoming academic year.

Our move to the Big Ten positions USC for long-term success and stability amidst the rapidly changing sports media and collegiate athletic landscapes. Equally important, we are joining a conference that shares our values of academic excellence, athletic competitiveness and diversity and inclusion across all sports. The enhanced resources from this move will enable additional support for our student-athletes as well as benefit initiatives surrounding academics, accessibility and affordability.

In analyzing a move to the Big Ten, we thoughtfully considered the prospect of additional travel for our student-athletes. We are committed to devoting the necessary resources to ensure our student-athletes can continue to thrive in their coursework with minimal travel disruption. We know the Big Ten shares our commitment to prioritizing student-athletes’ well-being and academic demands, and we are fortunate we can spend the next two years working with the conference on travel and scheduling plans.

We are especially pleased that our crosstown rival, UCLA, will join us in the Big Ten in 2024. While we are fierce competitors on the field, we have a rich tradition of collaboration that we are excited to continue. As we begin to plan for our move, please know we will do everything we can to preserve the wonderful traditions and rivalries we have built in the Pac-12 that our students, alumni and fans have enjoyed for decades.

Please see statements on our move to the Big Ten from Mike Bohn and from Suzanne Nora Johnson, Chair of the USC Board of Trustees.

While today’s decision is the culmination of extraordinary efforts by so many, it is only the beginning of our journey to the Big Ten. Though we may not have every question answered today, we will by August 2024. In the next few weeks, we will be reaching out to all our constituencies to discuss our announcement in more detail and to offer opportunities to ask questions surrounding our future in the Big Ten.

I want to thank our entire Trojan Family — generations of loyal Trojans who have supported and loved USC for more than 100 years. We could not do what we do every day without you, and we hope you are as excited as we are about what’s to come.

In the meantime, I wish you all a happy and safe rest of the summer.
    Fight On!

Sincerely,
    Carol L. Folt
    President

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crissi View Post
    im sure the biog 12 would love ot have utah (and colorado, az and az st) this way, utah vs byu will still be happening!

Also, found a better map if you dont mind me changing it lilith

big utah, no big byu

byu sucks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and here's USC Presidents statement, which I get since I'm a USC alum. It's a long one

Dear Trojan Community,

I am writing with exciting news about the future for our student-athletes and university community. We are announcing today that USC will join the Big Ten Conference, with plans to begin membership in August 2024. This decision was made after serious deliberation and analysis, and with great appreciation and respect for our Pac-12 colleagues with whom we have enjoyed a wonderful history and relationship.

We have worked hard over the past three years to ground university decisions in what is best for our students. One of our priorities was to build a student-centric athletics program deeply committed to ensuring that all our student-athletes can compete at the highest level athletically and achieve at the highest level academically. We have made that a reality under our terrific athletic director, Mike Bohn, along with his leadership team, coaches, staff and, of course, our student-athletes.

Reflecting that commitment, we also announced today that all USC student-athletes — regardless of scholarship status — will have the opportunity to receive direct financial support in the form of Alston academic achievement awards beginning in the upcoming academic year.

Our move to the Big Ten positions USC for long-term success and stability amidst the rapidly changing sports media and collegiate athletic landscapes. Equally important, we are joining a conference that shares our values of academic excellence, athletic competitiveness and diversity and inclusion across all sports. The enhanced resources from this move will enable additional support for our student-athletes as well as benefit initiatives surrounding academics, accessibility and affordability.

In analyzing a move to the Big Ten, we thoughtfully considered the prospect of additional travel for our student-athletes. We are committed to devoting the necessary resources to ensure our student-athletes can continue to thrive in their coursework with minimal travel disruption. We know the Big Ten shares our commitment to prioritizing student-athletes’ well-being and academic demands, and we are fortunate we can spend the next two years working with the conference on travel and scheduling plans.

We are especially pleased that our crosstown rival, UCLA, will join us in the Big Ten in 2024. While we are fierce competitors on the field, we have a rich tradition of collaboration that we are excited to continue. As we begin to plan for our move, please know we will do everything we can to preserve the wonderful traditions and rivalries we have built in the Pac-12 that our students, alumni and fans have enjoyed for decades.

Please see statements on our move to the Big Ten from Mike Bohn and from Suzanne Nora Johnson, Chair of the USC Board of Trustees.

While today’s decision is the culmination of extraordinary efforts by so many, it is only the beginning of our journey to the Big Ten. Though we may not have every question answered today, we will by August 2024. In the next few weeks, we will be reaching out to all our constituencies to discuss our announcement in more detail and to offer opportunities to ask questions surrounding our future in the Big Ten.

I want to thank our entire Trojan Family — generations of loyal Trojans who have supported and loved USC for more than 100 years. We could not do what we do every day without you, and we hope you are as excited as we are about what’s to come.

In the meantime, I wish you all a happy and safe rest of the summer.
    Fight On!

Sincerely,
    Carol L. Folt
    President
    No offense, but the admin of USC and UCLA are whores

- - - Updated - - -

FUCK LA!!!

Serious question. Are the athletes still not payed or has something changed in college sports culture?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure the PAC will survive this. With USC/UCLA gone, it's just Oregon and Utah, really.

Is there room for a conversation with Big-10 and Big-12 to take Oregon/Utah and Colorado/AZ/AZst?

- - - Updated - - -

big utah, no big byu

byu sucks
    Would be nice to still have that match up each year though.

Well this move literally makes it impossible to guess what conferences schools will leave for. Hell, ACC could grab Oregon and Stanford.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oregon and Washing legislators are gong to try to keep Oregon and Washing schools together. The benefit of being a public university.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not sure the PAC will survive this. With USC/UCLA gone, it's just Oregon and Utah, really.

Is there room for a conversation with Big-10 and Big-12 to take Oregon/Utah and Colorado/AZ/AZst?

- - - Updated - - -

Would be nice to still have that match up each year though.
    how about NO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Well this move literally makes it impossible to guess what conferences schools will leave for. Hell, ACC could grab Oregon and Stanford.
    Inb4 SEC invites Utah and muto is forced to mindlessly shill for us

how about NO

- - - Updated - - -

Inb4 SEC invites Utah and muto is forced to mindlessly shill for us
    Not before Oregon or Stanford lol.

It's bad enough my alma mater's conference already can't compete, but the PAC 12 imploding makes it even harder for us plebs over in the ACC.