Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Sure. Those would be bad missed calls. Not that every game doesn't a few missed calls.
    I'm not arguing that games don't have missed calls. Not sure where you think that.

But only pac-12 refs can invent offensive targeting and then turn around and miss this shit

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I'm not arguing that games don't have missed calls. Not sure where you think that.

But only pac-12 refs can invent offensive targeting and then turn around and miss this shit
    Never said that you did - please don't lie about what I've said in posts.

Not really, but I'd be upset too at a close loss with some bad calls.

(No links for those hits then? Just asking because you said you could)

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Never said that you did - please don't lie about what I've said in posts.

Not really, but I'd be upset too at a close loss with some bad calls.

(No links for those hits then? Just asking because you said you could)
    I can, wasn't sure if it was necessary since you never asked, I'll grab em now

- - - Updated - - -

First video:
    Florida player punching Tavion.
    https://twitter.com/JacobHester18/st...OHRrblQdw&s=19

Refs didn't get stuffed at the goal line. Refs didn't miss the two point conversion. Refs didn't decide to not go for the tie and throw an interception. Was it a badly called game? Sure, but Utah had possession at the goal line to go for the win.

Refs also essentially gave Utah a fourth time out at the end.

Florida was just a lot better than people expected.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I can, wasn't sure if it was necessary since you never asked, I'll grab em now
    Refreshing your memory:
    want me to provide the video of Florida literally punching our player?
    Sure.

First video:
    Florida player punching Tavion.
    https://twitter.com/JacobHester18/st...OHRrblQdw&s=19
    So that video doesn't have any punches in it, and even the tag on the video is saying it's about holding/pulling the facemask.

Shout if you actually have the videos. I'm still interested.

- - - Updated - - -

No surprise Oregon dropped out of the Top 25. Here they are, with comments, after week 1:

Week 1 Rankings

Honestly, they shouldn't even do the pre-season and first couple of week rankings.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    Refs didn't get stuffed at the goal line.
    https://twitter.com/UtahCFBstats/sta...3dEzKYSHw&s=19 Here's TWO angles on third down for ya.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/UtahCFBstats/sta...3dEzKYSHw&s=19 Here's TWO angles on third down for ya.
    Looks like he was down before he crossed. Just looking at the two angles, his knee was down before he crossed. Not sure what the call ended up being though.

It's too bad, it would have been nice if Utah could have come out strong, leading the Pac-12. We certainly need it this year.

Oregon is against BUY next week, should be interesting. I hope we end strong - we certainly have the talent (Nix is going to be FUN this year). The slaughter at the hands of Georgia had some interesting takeaways. Nix was never sacked...against the best defense in the nation. And we averaged more yards running against Georgia than anyone else since 2019. Obviously tons of negatives overall, but those are...interesting.

Two angles that doesn't show when he's down. That first looks like he's down before he extends the ball, but you can't see his knees.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Two angles that doesn't show when he's down. That first looks like he's down before he extends the ball, but you can't see his knees.
    I thought the second one showed he was down - not directly, but he wasn't on anyone, and his torso was already partially on the ground when the ball went over the line. Had to indicate his knees were already down. Though I fully admit it's a close call. Like only someone who was watching directly would have known the correct one, like say, a ref.

I thought the second one showed he was down - not directly, but he wasn't on anyone, and his torso was already partially on the ground when the ball went over the line. Had to indicate his knees were already down. Though I fully admit it's a close call. Like only someone who was watching directly would have known the correct one, like say, a ref.
    Yeah, I think he's definitely down from those angles. Only watched the second angle once but that's what I thought too. It doesn't look like a dive where he's lower half would be in the air.

Also I agree with you about there shouldn't be polls until a few weeks have passed. ESPN Power Rankings has Oklahoma at 4 for beating UTEP. We don't look like a playoff team right now.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2022-09-06 at 08:30 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    What these angles do a poor job of showing is just how far Rising is on top of a defender. The ball only needs to cross the plane of the goal line, which it does just barely.

What these angles do a poor job of showing is just how far Rising is on top of a defender. The ball only needs to cross the plane of the goal line, which it does just barely.
    He looks down a yard short before he even stretches the ball, left knee is down. Both videos are inconclusive. Whatever the call was would stand. Still had a 4th down and doesn't mean the game ends the same way.
    Last edited by Captain Proton; 2022-09-06 at 10:47 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    He looks down a yard short before he even stretches the ball, left knee is down. Both videos are inconclusive. Whatever the call was would stand. Still had a 4th down and doesn't mean the game ends the same way.
    Agreed. Close but otherwise clear call - and the video is, at best, inconclusive.

- - - Updated - - -

What other angles are there? Unless there is a third camera review, we're going off the call on the field and any/all replay footage. If you're claiming one thing, but the refs on the field, who were closer with better angles, claimed another, no offense - but it's neither a "bad call" nor the wrong call.

But if there are other angles I would love to see them.

Agreed. Close but otherwise clear call - and the video is, at best, inconclusive.

Talking about bad calls. Texas just got screwed on a roughing of the passer on Alabama. Taking away a safety at 9:50 in the 3rd. How does the ball come out of the end zone on the spot? Giving Alabama 5 yards on a play for a loss? If Texas loses this is a screw job. At least should have been an intentional grounding call..

What do you know game ends 20 to 19 instead of 21 to 20 for Texas.
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2022-09-10 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck Alabama and the refs! So many missed crucial calls, bad calls (the saftey), and Ewers getting injured for what looks like half the season. Hell, even Card is injured and has a bum leg.

Im still prooud of this team. We're dramatically improved form last year, except at the backup QB position.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Notre Dame loses to Marshall...!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    and Texas AM lost to App State

and WVU lost to Kansas.

lol today has been great

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and Texas AM lost to App State

and WVU lost to Kansas.

lol today has been great
    Such a great day. And Oregon is up 42-7 at half. Yes, I know E.Wa is a cupcake team, but I'm glad to see us executing well, regardless.

Utah seems to have done the same thing.

USC put Stanford down, too.
    Last edited by cubby; 2022-09-11 at 03:37 AM.

Notre Dame loses to Marshall...!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.
    Notre Dame is overrated. All the hype is based on legacy and nothing on reality or substance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Such a great day. And Oregon is up 42-7 at half. Yes, I know E.Wa is a cupcake team, but I'm glad to see us executing well, regardless.

Utah seems to have done the same thing.

USC put Stanford down, too.
    You don't see Utah bragging about it