Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Broken Shore says hi.
    Related side note: I thought it was wild that the Jailer won in SoD and literally just walked away without hurting anyone but Sylvanas. Then he does nothing to stop us in Zereth Mortis either. The greatest Uber-tier threat we’ve allegedly ever faced and he didn’t kill one character the whole expansion.
    That's the problem with Hollywood writing.

They want everyone to be excited and so they have to keep one-upping themselves with superlatives. The biggest threat. The GREATEST. Bigger than anything ever! Something that was in the works for aeons! OH DEAR GODS HELP US IT'S SO BAD!

...but then they have to let 20 randos bitchslap it around, and of course everything has to be wrapped up in sunshine and rainbows within the scope of 3 patches, preferably without endangering any marketable character types that they've invested design and VA money in. So nothing ever actually threatens ANYTHING.

I mean yeah yeah we all now Captain Picard is going to survive the episode because there's more show after, but COME ON. This is just getting old.

Probably Murozond or something in that line. Sinestra maybe.

I HOPE that it is not Murozond.... because that would mean timetravel AGAIN...
    And if we know blizz cannot do something it is anything with timetravel or parallel universes. Because the rules they set themselves for it don't make sense... even less than timetravel anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Well... if we think about it, Deathwing almost breaking the world, literally, was apparently not deemed a threat big enough to "wake up" the Watchers in the Dragon Isles, so who knows.
    I thought the island was waking up because things were getting better?

EDIT:
    Alexstrasza: Let the land slumber, hidden even from our own eyes. You will feel our return in the waking of the land. Then you must light the Beacon of Tyrhold, lest the path home be lost to us... forever.
    Aaaand it's something that doesn't make any sense.

Whatever it may be it will circle back to the void. "The void was controlling him all along, it was all just another piece in the Void Lords plans!" something like this because their story doesn't have that much depth.

sylvanas again, shes back!

Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    sylvanas again, shes back!
    She is good now. Didn't you get the memo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's going to be Steve Danuser
    He took the trash, boring and poorly written stories from the first 1-4 expansions and made it interesting. So, I doubt that.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Whatever it may be it will circle back to the void. "The void was controlling him all along, it was all just another piece in the Void Lords plans!" something like this because their story doesn't have that much depth.
    Don't forget that the Void Lords have been planning this for eons, everything we've seen in WC so far was actually secretly their doing!

Can't wait for them to finally threaten to unravel reality, I WONDER IF THEY'LL SUCCEED!

I was thinking about Dragonflight's story, and I recall the announcement event spoke that the Dragon Isles would be awakened and the dragonflights called again to protect Azeroth... but protect it from who and/or what? I noticed little has been said about threats. Nothing at all about the "Big Bad".

So... how about we try to hypothesize who or what is going to be the "Big Bad" of the Dragonflight's expansion, but let's try our best to not "invent a Jailer". In other words, let's try to stick to current canon and use the existing groups, races and characters that currently exist (or have existed) as much as possible and avoid creating entire new groups and/or villains that need a lot of the lore twisted and bent to be able to fit in.

For example: would the Twilight Hammer make a comeback and attempt to continue Deathwing's work? Maybe the Void Lords decide to take a more active role in attacking the cosmos? Maybe Sinestra is still alive and was preparing an army of Twilight Dragons? Or... the Infinite Dragonflight is going to make a big play?

So, with that said: what are your predictions about who or what is going to be "Big Bad" of the Dragonflight expansion? Against who or what do you think the dragons are being summoned to protect Azeroth?
    It's going to be Sylvanas fanboy, still whining about her fate in the hell of hells.
    The main difficulty in the fight is keeping your sanity intact, also avoiding the plentiful plotholes that litter the arena and keep multiplying.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's Galakrond. I'd be happy with galakrond. I'm ok with it just being a dragon instead of some omega level titan lord once again.

I want blizzard to do what they couldn't with Deathwing, and make an actual scary big bad dragon villain that also happens to be intelligent/cunning. And ofc I want them to realize that in the end-boss encounter and not drop the ball hard like with dragon soul's last 2 boss encounters.

And ofc I want the tier sets in dragonflight to reflect what cool dragon themed armor could be.

Feels like Galakrond will end up like Sylvanas, mid expansion boss who we find out is really being controlled by "insert big bad guy we don't care about here". I'm betting something connected to Void.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Murozond might be a thing. People have suggested Galakrond but I don't buy that either. Might be old god stuff but I find that just as unlikely.
    It'll be both of them fused together. Murokrond!

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    Murozond exists because of the void, and this is a plot point that's a decade old.

the guy who leaked the cinematic, explation name, draktyr and the 2022 november relase said murozond so ill belive him
    I.O BFA Season 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I hope it's none of them because it's so utterly predictable. I'd rather fight and kill a corrupted Alexstrasza.
    I wouldn't put it pass Blizzard to do some dumb shit like that, they seem to enjoy needlessly throwing away good characters....which is also predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the guy who leaked the cinematic, explation name, draktyr and the 2022 november relase said murozond so ill belive him
    Lots of things can change in the meantime. I recall someone mentioning the guy who leaked WoD had mostly everything right, so I'm assuming some things aren't set to stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He took the trash, boring and poorly written stories from the first 1-4 expansions and made it interesting. So, I doubt that.
    That is the highest quality bait. Well done.

On topic, the villan will be you, the player.
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

15+ Year Old Account
    Well... if we think about it, Deathwing almost breaking the world, literally, was apparently not deemed a threat big enough to "wake up" the Watchers in the Dragon Isles, so who knows.
    It wasn't a threat that woke up the watchers on the Dragon Isles but "a sign of healing".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am. Bring it on, bitches