Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    the guy who leaked the cinematic, explation name, draktyr and the 2022 november relase said murozond so ill belive him
    Scaleface said there was no name for the villian and they were personally saying Galakrond. I know there were a few others but I don't recall others being seen as 100% trustworthy as more in-depth leaks didn't have everything correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaleface View Post
    Another thing is that there is no name of "iconic villain" of 10.x but only one who (for me) fit the theme and place of expansion is Galakrond.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-06-29 at 04:37 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I've now read every single comment so far, and people are so focused on Galakrond and Muro... I guess you're all blind to the real threat infront of you....

It's gonna be Wrathion.

He will have a high presence during the questing; you, the player will learn together with Wrathion what it means to be a leader. What it means to rule over the black Dragonflight. At one point, Wrathion will choose to take power - for the greater good (like Arthas with Frostmourne), then this power will corrupt him like his daddy.

Wrathion has been set up as a villain since Mists of Pandaria. He's gonna fuck shit up and be the big baddie.
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    He took the trash, boring and poorly written stories from the first 1-4 expansions and made it interesting. So, I doubt that.
    ... You're joking, right? Arthas' story, in your opinion, was made interesting in Shadowlands?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account

…Deathwing, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It wasn't a threat that woke up the watchers on the Dragon Isles but "a sign of healing".
    "The world is healing, but her fate is yet unsettled. Together, we shall be Azeroth's protectors once again."

If they need to step up and be protectors again, I'm assuming it means there's a threat incoming they're (at least partially) aware of.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I'd say Murozond or Chromatus.

Murozond we know is coming, even if we prevented in one timelime, Norzdomu knows that eventually he'll get corrupted into becoming the Infinite Dragonflight. He'll probably go nuts and try to reset the timelines to try and correct all the mistakes of the past. (More opportunities to retcon the lore and be like "Oh, this is how it really happened."

Chromatus I could see working because of how Drac'thyr Evokers are basically infused with two Dragonflights in each spec. The only missing element being the Black Dragons, but I'm sure Wrathion will "seize his destiny" or something and give Chromatus the killing blow.

The only thing I think would be interesting, but really really really stupid would be if Wrathion just turned evil... Like father like son? It wouldn't be good, but it would certainly be unpredictable... but just really dumb. (Especially since we fought an illusion of his "corrupted" form in Ny'alotha and he was only the first boss.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrinas View Post
    It's gonna be Wrathion.

Wrathion has been set up as a villain since Mists of Pandaria. He's gonna fuck shit up and be the big baddie.
    I doubt that, especially since we fought "Evil Wrathion" at the start of Ny'alotha... plus the last time they tried to set-up a villain was Sylvanas... and it ended poorly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If they need to step up and be protectors again, I'm assuming it means there's a threat incoming they're (at least partially) aware of.
    "You will feel our return in the waking of the land. Then you must light the Beacon"

Again, it wasn't a threat that woke up the Watchers up but the healing/waking of Azeroth, "the land". The whole thing about the Aspects becoming protectors again is just them finding their purpose since they no longer have one. As they were created to avert the Hour of Twilight. Of course there is a threat coming it is a game and we know a Villain will exist. That doesn't mean the Watchers lit the Beacon because of a threat or that the Aspects/Flights know there is a specific threat.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"The world is healing, but her fate is yet unsettled. Together, we shall be Azeroth's protectors once again."

The Age of Dragons ended when dragons anointed mortals to be the protectors of Azeroth, beginning the Age of Mortals. Dragons claiming the title again is basically them telling us we did a shit job... and we stopped beings so powerful the dragons can't really imagine them.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt that, especially since we fought "Evil Wrathion" at the start of Ny'alotha... plus the last time they tried to set-up a villain was Sylvanas... and it ended poorly.[/QUOTE]

You forget the part of Ny'alotha probably didn't happend. Wrathion probably got corrupted back then, and I wouldn't be veeeeery surprised if they even brought back N'zoth for Dragonflight. It kinda makes sense, with the focus on Dragons and what not. He is after all the one who corrupted and made Deathwing into: Deathwing. Is it likely that he is also the one that will corrupted Nozu? I mean I could see it happend.

There is a loooot of shit in bra that makes zero sense. I know that the whole "it was all a dream" idea is upsetting to many, but it's the only way it all makes sense.. the whole gift of N'zoth, how he spoke about US being his champion. Is he a schemer, a manipulator? Yup and double yup..

Wrathion is gonna be like his big Daddy
    --- Chrinas likes his girls like an old man likes his whisky - 12 years old, and stored in the basement. - Former member of Bring Flask or Else.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Scaleface said there was no name for the villian and they were personally saying Galakrond. I know there were a few others but I don't recall others being seen as 100% trustworthy as more in-depth leaks didn't have everything correct.
    i was talking about the 4chan dude who had all the things right and he included a 2022 november relase (which is now confirmed i guess or atlast is the goal) and murozond
    I.O BFA Season 3

If recent previous expansions tell us anything, it won't have much if anything to do with dragons.

I think Murozond. But I wouldn't be surprised if the final boss is Chromatus whose being used as a beat stick by the Infinite Dragonflight.

Curveball: Alexstraza goes mad

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    i was talking about the 4chan dude who had all the things right and he included a 2022 november relase (which is now confirmed i guess or atlast is the goal) and murozond
    I don't remember that 4chan leak. The one I remember, and was promoted/linked by Red Shirt Guy, didn't list November as a release date but is also incorrect because it had a pre-order race.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._reveals_main/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still think it's Galakrond. They mentioned him too many times for him to stay dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Some dragon.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Well, yeah. That's the nature of time travel.

You could, for example, travel to ten years in the past today, return back to your timeline, and the next day, travel to fifteen years in the past. Your second trip would end up being the first time the people of the past saw you, while your first trip would be the second time those people saw you.
    Why stop there? Bring every possible version of himself into the boss room at once to dogpile us for the final phase!

"Haha, we all have time things!"
    (Wait, didn't I already make this joke in WOD?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I really hope it's not Galakrond. The guy was so weak he and his entire undead army were beat by Tyr and five regular protodrakes who were smarter than normal.
    Same, idk why people want him so much. The guy was weak af.
    MS. MARVEL will return in The Marvels ✨

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Still think it's Galakrond. They mentioned him too many times for him to stay dead.
    My personal speculation:

First phase is just the weird elemental giants thing. Establish some lore, get to know the flights, all that. Some hints at larger things here and there but by and large just a preparatory step.

Second phase is Murozond. We find out why Nozdormu turned anagram, see what devastating vision he had, and learn that it's causing him to do all sorts of terrible things in order to prevent even more terrible things. Galakrond would come into play here: Murozond is taking Galakrond out of the time stream to serve as the cleanup tool, wiping away everything that's an obstacle to what he thinks is the only way to avoid the Big Terrible Future.

Third phase is us finding out it was all a ploy. Nozdormu was fed bad intel by the Big Bad (probably the Void Lords, let's be real) and deceived into becoming Murozond by seeing a vision of a future that wasn't actually going to happen. He in fact was trying to CAUSE the Big Terrible Future, which of course was exactly what the Big Bad wanted. Possibly this could involve Galakrond, too, it having some kind of special property that's required for the Big Bad's master plan (maybe Galakrond is the only thing that could eat Azeroth, or whatever).

Then we can move on to 11.0 which has the Light vs. Void fight we all know is coming.

It's going to be the Horde, some member of the Horde Council is going to do some stupid shit. Start up the Fifth or Sixth War, whatever making the damn races come to another f'ing crossroads as they try to figure out what the Horde is. Alliance will actually get their victory as the Horde loses a bunch of territory going from Horde to conflicted, you know what we also finally get to see the Goblin Cannon in Azshara get used. On Orgrimmar, yeah we are losing Orgrimmar surface level. City will be relocated to the caves below, Northern Barrens is now thick verdant forest owned by the Alliance who have a road there from a rebuilt Theramore. Southern Barrens is dying and is held in part by the Horde who control the Gates of Mulgore. The northern part is Alliance turf, the southern part is all Super Quilboar who got hold of Azerite and are looking to wipe out the Tauren. Orcs get a new skin variant, the Pale, yeah being forced to living underground turns them into the Pale. The Allied Races continue to do nothing, except the High Mountain chick who laments losing High Mountain to the elves who took over most of the Broken Isles.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... You're joking, right? Arthas' story, in your opinion, was made interesting in Shadowlands?
    Arthas' story was never interesting. Prince wants to save kingdom, turns evil. Shadowlands at least confirmed this by just making his soul irrelevant and forgotten as it should be.
    Hi