Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

What is there for casuals?

Something I was wondering recently. Assuming theres no new big features to be announced.... what is there for casual players in Dragonflight? It, as of now, just looks like another WoD-esque: We only care about what hardcore players do. But at least WoD had the Garrison which, while kinda shit, was at least something that all players could take part in.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

You mean the people who complained (at leaste here) that everything connected to these systems is only for the hardcore crowd?

You can do everything you could have done before. The only thing they did take away the endless grind.

Throgast for example was initially to hard so they nerfed it and then it was to easy and no one wanted to play it anymore.

What exactly are casuals doing in this game? Running thorgast or in BfA Isles every day? Doubt it.

You can still hunt achivments, do dailys/WQs, farm transmog and dungeons. Same as before and more than in the old expansions. You can farm gear without raiding or using Mythic+... pet battles if you like those.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    You mean the people who complained (at leaste here) that everything connected to these systems is only for the hardcore crowd?

You can do everything you could have done before. The only thing they did take away the endless grind.

Throgast for example was initially to hard so they nerfed it and then it was to easy and no one wanted to play it anymore.

What exactly are casuals doing in this game? Running thorgast or in BfA Isles every day? Doubt it.

You can still hunt achivments, do dailys/WQs, farm transmog and dungeons. Same as before and more than in the old expansions. You can farm gear without raiding or using Mythic+... pet battles if you like those.
    The casuals did not complain about that or in the way you have described. That is completely false. The hardcore min/maxers were the ones complaining about systems and their checklist of "chores".

To answer the OP, new feature wise - Dragon Riding. Standard content wise - transmog hunting, achieves, raids, dungeons, pvp etc.

Outside of that? Nothing. It's seeming to be a very much raid or die (and mythic+) expansion. Essentially its WoD with Mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Something I was wondering recently. Assuming theres no new big features to be announced.... what is there for casual players in Dragonflight? It, as of now, just looks like another WoD-esque: We only care about what hardcore players do. But at least WoD had the Garrison which, while kinda shit, was at least something that all players could take part in.
    The same thing casuals have had for 18 years. Raids/dungeons/pvp.

Casual =/= bad
    Casual =/= solo player

Majority of the stuff in WoW is for casuals. It's only higher m+ and higher raiding difficulties that's not for casuals.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

3+ Year Old Account
    There are the same things that there have literally always been, dating all the way back to Vanilla, for causals to do.

Dungeons, battlegrounds, questing, world quests (Im sure), the new dragon riding, etc. Should be plenty of fun to be had.

I'm also sure there will be plenty of reps to run around killing things and collecting things for, daily, if you catch my drift..
    Last edited by Recovery; 2022-06-29 at 11:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Outside of that? Nothing. It's seeming to be a very much raid or die (and mythic+) expansion. Essentially its WoD with Mythic+.
    Honestly? That doesn't sound half bad. If I'm logging in every day, it should be because the game is inherently fun to play, not because of artificial systems that obligate me to do so.

So far im not looking forward to next expansion at all been gone from wow almost 4 months now i doubt will be back for next maybe the one after will add Casual content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has a different definition of "casual," but for my part... I find that the less the game demands of my time, the more time I actually spend in the game.

i was a month on vaication and the first thing i read is this shit again, Casuals =/= bad they will do what they have done last 18 years
    I.O BFA Season 3

Questing, achievements, farming. LFR.

Is this just another "whine about no housing" thread? Because that seems to be the ONLY casual content in MMOs for some people.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Same as mop presumably, daily quest/world quest, rares, zone events, things to farm in the zones, ect.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is an interesting topic but especially on this site you'll have to define what you mean yourself with "casuals" since the meaning in here is stretched from 3 evening/week mythic CE guilds to socially inept players that are scared of anything inside the lfg, hell even lfd/r.

Well, at least they have an "open world" team now as Ion said so there is probably still something to come/be announced?

dragon flying
    profession revamp
    gearing revamp
    rep system revamp

oh yeah i know the big bad hardcore players just love reputation grinds

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This is an interesting topic but especially on this site you'll have to define what you mean yourself with "casuals" since the meaning in here is stretched from 3 evening/week mythic CE guilds to socially inept players that are scared of anything inside the lfg, hell even lfd/r.
    So true. I'm guessing the latter for the sake of this thread.

In short: EVERYTHING.

In long: everything really. Nothing stops "casuals" from doing anything but cutting edge tier content but themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    So true. I'm guessing the latter for the sake of this thread.
    It's 95% always the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post

Well, at least they have an "open world" team now as Ion said so there is probably still something to come/be announced?
    All of those playstyles can be played casually.

Casual has never meant and will never mean difficulty. Only terrible players and idiots use difficulty as a measuring stick for casual vs hardcore to justify their dumpster skills against the dirty elitists and hardcore.

A 40 hour/week player who pet battles is more hardcore than a 4/week CE raider who gets CE 6 months into the tier with a group of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    A 40 hour/week player who pet battles is more hardcore than a 4/week CE raider who gets CE 6 months into the tier with a group of friends.
    Shh, we dont do that here, we only mention difficulty, this is mmo-champion, someone that raids anything past LFR and clears M+2 and above is an elitist scum that must play 100 hours per week but lies about it, thats why he has all those things, filthy muggles and their lies man.

It doesnt matter if you play 60 hours a week doing transmog runs and needing x5 the time required to do basic things, you are still casual my man /s.

Damn filthy liars with their 2-4 hour raiding clearing things.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Shh, we dont do that here, we only mention difficulty, this is mmo-champion, someone that raids anything past LFR and clears M+2 and above is an elitist scum that must play 100 hours per week but lies about it, thats why he has all those things, filthy muggles and their lies man.
    Yeah I'm well aware of the garbage that sifts through here and the official forums and I'm probably going to get banned (yet again) for upsetting the fragile egos of players who get out dpsed by healers... but it's reality, they are bad players, not casuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Questing, achievements, farming. LFR.

Is this just another "whine about no housing" thread? Because that seems to be the ONLY casual content in MMOs for some people.
    Let's face it - Housing would actually be great for Casuals (and not only for them). By the way, the devs are in favor of housing, yet Blizz is simply to greedy to make the necessary resources available.