Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Just because they made their own game that failed. Doesn't mean they will have any input or authority to make wow fail. If the devs are set to develope a specific thing, they can easily do that even tho their previous game failed. And after what i heard, the reason spellbreak failed was not due to the game being unpolished and ran poorly.

If a dev lead from blizzard has a list of issues that needs to be fixed and he hands that list over to the new dev team. They can easily work down that list and fix problems, and the game we get will be better for it, regardless of how bad spellbreak was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I don't think the game Spellbreak will influence WoW, but its designers and their ideas/background will follow.

Acquiring Proletariat does not mean just getting its developers, it getting its teams and structure. The idea that they are getting just a bunch of new mindless devs, that codes what they are told, is wrong. They are getting in team with a method and an already preset attitude to gaming.

Atleast, there is a good chance of that. Some devs can go from 1 genre of games to a different really easily, but most like making what they have made before, as that is where they have experience. Lets just say, that i would be surprised if Proletariat got acquired to do quest design.
    Good thing the issues with wow isn't related to the devs, but the marketing team that handles the game & decides everything then, I suppose.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    None of their games are single player stories. They were all live service shit. Even their own website shows them putting out a patch last year then dead silence until the announcement yesterday they were shutting it down and being bought.
    https://www.proletariat.com/about-us

They claim to be about players first but keep making live service stuff that they abandon. Not sure that's the type of people I want working on WoW.

Why? Blizzard has all kinds of strange ass folks working in their company. From stealing breast milk to touching women (and men), to making sleazy and predatory games (Diablo Immortal). You name it. I am sure they will fit right in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Good thing the issues with wow isn't related to the devs, but the marketing team that handles the game & decides everything then, I suppose.
    Marketing surely has a good deal of power, same with management, but in the end, it is the devs and the designers who end up making the aspirations of other departments come to life. The issue at heart might not lie in production, but production does still decide quite a lot.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

WoW is a live service shit.
    Being live service isn't the problem its them abandoning them while claiming to be for the players first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    Blizzard Acquires Spellbreak Developer Proletariat for World of Warcraft Team
    According to Venturebeat, Blizzard Entertainment has acquired Proletariat, the studio behind the battle royale game Spellbreak, to add to its World of Warcraft team. This comes soon after Proletariat announced it would be ceasing development on Spellbreak.

Proletariat CEO Seth Sivak told Venturebeat that the company had a "very kind of open and transparent conversation" about how Blizzard has been trying to improve its workplace culture before deciding to go along with the deal.

Looking at their track record, they're a perfect fit for Blizzard, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Looking at their track record, they're a perfect fit for Blizzard, lmao.
    Exactly..lol. Not even sure why people think they wouldn't fit right and snug into Blizz's business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Damm, arent you an aggresive lad.

You are really just agreeing with me tbh xD Like i was not talking about them coming in to change the game, more that they come with a work method, that makes putting them directly into the development machine hard, which is why its hard to believe they are gonna go work on Dragonflight with only half a year to go, but they are gonna work on the bread and butter of the game.

So please read posts before commenting and stop yourself from writing foolish things.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying it can't be done, its done all the time, but within 6 months? Doubtful. And thats coming from having worked both in tech firm, that got absorbed and currently working in big tech seeing new teams come in. Its often a setup for disappoint if a manager expects a new crew to jump directly into current production within 3 months.

So it does come from a base. Besides, its not negativity, its actually a constructive feedback on what doesen't work and what does when it comes to improving a product. Such a thing can be done at any point, not just when beta is over or when a product launches. If a rocket looks badly made, it does not help to say "Lets hold back on critique until we fire it.

You are welcome to come with your own constructive rebuff if you want to

- - - Updated - - -

.... I think you are heavily oversimplifying the job of working on software, setting it equal to working with dough.

While you are working with the framework(coding and dough), the context, scale and enviroment changes. That does have an impact and does take time to get used to. Just because the baker knows how to work with dough, does not mean that it won't take him time to get used to making quality pizza.
    No... Just no - stop it man. Please GOD!

If the world were like you said, nobody can change from McD to Burger King - because the burgers... they're so different, at so many different levels - you just wouldn't understand the depth.

So the guy at Burger King will make BigMac occasionally(mindset of a former McD guy, adaptation time - he can't help it).

This is the level we are at. Thank you for the contribution.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-30 at 01:45 PM.

Being live service isn't the problem its them abandoning them while claiming to be for the players first.
    If it doesn't make money it's time to move on

I'm not saying that the live service part is bad. What I'm saying they make all their games live service and stop supporting them. A live service game needs support unlike a single player offline game. Live service ends when the service ends. If they made a single player game and tossed out a couple patches then abandoned the game it would be fine cause you can still properly play the game.
    Fair enough, though shouldn't consumer protections take care of that?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Sorry, what game?
    I'm not into BR games so I did not played it (or basicaly any other BR game) but I heard it was pretty good and fun to play. There is just too many BR games and if you are not in like top 3 you will not last for long. Maybe with more frequent updates they would make it bigger but I guess they decided they have no chance against competition and just canceled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    If it doesn't make money it's time to move on
    Clearly they were making enough money to make multiple games after each game they made. Plus there are things you can attempt to do to make money. ESO and Final Fantasy both turned from failures to massive money makers.

Warcraft Battle Royale. Solo / Duos / Trios / 5 on 5 / 10 vs 10. Thank me later.

Why do people keep saying Spellbreak was a failure? It rec’d overall positive reviews and had a pretty big group of people playing it launch year, and apparently enough of a following for it to last years.
    Am I missing something, or is this just more people being ignorant of something and jumping on a band wagon to be edgy?

I mean, this can work out well assuming the people at the top know what they're doing.

Or this could be another Cyberpunk 2077 disaster where upper management had no idea how to manage the amount of reinforcements to help the game. Going to be alot of developers struggling to get upto speed on WoW and there could be some serious content droughts if that were the case.

As if Shadowlands wasn't bad enough.

None of their games are single player stories. They were all live service shit. Even their own website shows them putting out a patch last year then dead silence until the announcement yesterday they were shutting it down and being bought.
    https://www.proletariat.com/about-us

They claim to be about players first but keep making live service stuff that they abandon. Not sure that's the type of people I want working on WoW.
    not much difference than the current team. adding shit on top of shit, still means shit.

And there's one more thing: they are working together since May.

The transition and work methods won't be totally new to both parts, since they are already working together for 2 months in Dragonflight development.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've seen some people say they'll likely be used to help make the gameplay/classes more dynamic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."