10+ Year Old Account

Evoker Talent Trees are up!

https://www.wowhead.com/news/evoker-...culator-327690

Immediate takeaways:

+ Very cool that you can tailor your Evoker to fit a certain dragonflight (i.e. make preservation more "Bronze").
    + Black dragon abilities seem more baseline and limited.
    + The flying-based abilities and talents are very cool.
    + The abilities are very flavorful and true to Warcraft draconic history.
    + Very nice to see some red-based healing abilities.

The whole Red/Blue split in the Devastation talent tree does make me wonder whether it is being designed as two different sub-specs, or whether the intent is to balance the two somewhat.
    Unless tier bonuses are very vague it doessnt seem possible to really marry the two versions of Devatation. Though then again, I guess both sides wants Essence Flourish, so who knows.

Also interesting how it's possible to pick the lowered silence cooldown ability in the Devastation tree without even picking Quell at all in the Evoker tree.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The whole Red/Blue split in the Devastation talent tree does make me wonder whether it is being designed as two different sub-specs, or whether the intent is to balance the two somewhat.
    Unless tier bonuses are very vague it doessnt seem possible to really marry the two versions of Devatation. Though then again, I guess both sides wants Essence Flourish, so who knows.

Also interesting how it's possible to pick the lowered silence cooldown ability in the Devastation tree without even picking Quell at all in the Evoker tree.
    I’m fairly certain they commented on this before the talents were even out. Mentioning you can choose what type of damage type you wanted to focus on.

It’s not entirely new I suppose, iirc destro locks had two separate ways to either build into shadowbolt or incinerate.

Well, I'm glad this finally dispel's @Ielenia's bullshit that Evokers only use 4 of the Dragonflight's magic.

It was pretty clear that Black Dragon magic would be assigned to core talents and abilities, as well as intertwined with other spells like Pyre and Soar Deep Breath.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-15 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well, I'm glad this finally dispel's @Ielenia's bullshit that Evokers only use 4 of the Dragonflight's magic.

It was pretty clear that Black Dragon magic would be assigned to core talents and abilities, as well as intertwined with other spells like Pyre and Soar.
    I LoL’d when I saw the first talents in the Evoker class tree were Black Dragon-based.

It was pretty clear that Black Dragon magic would be assigned to core talents and abilities, as well as intertwined with other spells like Pyre and Soar.
    Wasn’t the very first thing blizzard said was that evokers would harness the power of all the dragon flights and literally displayed an ability that looked exactly like neltharion burning the earth?

Just saw this and now I'm super hyped, especially for Preservation. Stasis in particular looks like it'll have some fun ways to use. Can't wait to feel how it all flows together!

And Fly With Me will be an amazing way to troll, er...save your party members!
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    Wasn’t the very first thing blizzard said was that evokers would harness the power of all the dragon flights and literally displayed an ability that looked exactly like neltharion burning the earth?
    Yep. Some people completely ignore reality and double down on defending a mistake to avoid admitting it, even if they know it's easily proven wrong.

Yep. Some people completely ignore reality and double down on defending a mistake to avoid admitting it, even if they know it's easily proven wrong.
    I seriously believe there are some posters on here that think they know more about what’s happening in the game than the people making it. It baffles my mind that I have to have some of the conversations I have in this place.

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it seemed pretty obvious that the Evoker's defensive abilities would be attuned to black. I can't imagine why they thought there wouldn't be any black dragonflight abilities.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I mean, it seemed pretty obvious that the Evoker's defensive abilities would be attuned to black. I can't imagine why they thought there wouldn't be any black dragonflight abilities.
    For whatever reason, he was doubling down on implying that Dracthyr have no connection to Wrathion in any way shape or form. It was a really baffling discussion that showed me how far someone would go to literally twist the facts just to defend a point that was never true to begin with.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-14 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Just saw this and now I'm super hyped, especially for Preservation. Stasis in particular looks like it'll have some fun ways to use. Can't wait to feel how it all flows together!

And Fly With Me will be an amazing way to troll, er...save your party members!
    Yay I can pick up the little whelps on prepatch who deep breath too far.

They need to shuffle around a lot of talents in the Preservation tree because many of them make simply no sense where they are placed. Besides that, not too bad.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again