Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    There are tons of ways a new healer could work without overlapping with the existing ones. Just look at the difference between Disc and Holy priest.

I would love a Scholar type healer (FF14) that uses a pet.

The real question is what their dps will look like when not healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They said green/bronze for healing and red/blue for devastation. Hate to break it to you but sadly the devs don't care about red dragon lore. Brian Holinka said in his interview that Ysera and the green flight was the one to breath during the Wrathgate cinematic.
    If you're going off of "they saids" there's really nothing to talk about in terms of subject matter relating to dragonflight beyond a page... hardly a topic for wanting discussion

We've gone through the bottom of the barrel and hit bedrock now.

Conflating "time-based abilities" and Druid's Flourish is such a reach. Yes, I'm sure they'll have "make your hots tick faster" and "make your hots longer" or whatever as mechanics - but "time-based" is specifically relating to the concept of Time and time magic. I've sat here thinking about this for 30 seconds and I can already see what would differentiate this from Druid. A cooldown that sets a buff on someone that counts the damage they take in the next three seconds, then restores x% of it over the next y seconds. Stance/aura type mechanics that let you shorten the tick interval and heal-per-tick of your hots, or make the tick interval lower and be rewarded with x% larger ticks. Innervate but it only reduces healer cooldowns. A permanent buff like Beacon that you put on a tank that "rewinds" the damage of the next auto-attack they take every x seconds. If they can balance it, a raid cooldown that staggers some percentage of damage taken over the next x seconds and deals it over y seconds instead.

There are two ways you can conflate "time-based abilities" with "it'll just be Druid". The first is if you think Mistweaver and Disc are literally the same because they get healing from damage. The second is because you just want to rage-bait on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    ] A cooldown that sets a buff on someone that counts the damage they take in the next three seconds, then restores x% of it over the next y seconds. Stance/aura type mechanics that let you shorten the tick interval and heal-per-tick of your hots, or make the tick interval lower and be rewarded with x% larger ticks. Innervate but it only reduces healer cooldowns. A permanent buff like Beacon that you put on a tank that "rewinds" the damage of the next auto-attack they take every x seconds. If they can balance it, a raid cooldown that staggers some percentage of damage taken over the next x seconds and deals it over y seconds instead.
    ].
    this is what i thought when i first saw their abilities. My guess is a cross between a shaman and a priest. Hots and healer abilities are all very generic after the great reset. Monk always felt like a cross between a druid and a shaman with fistweaving being the unique aspect of it. With evokers I think it is going to be more mitigation similar to discipline priests. There isn't a lot of it and with holy being vastly easier to play, doesn't see a lot of raid/m+ use.

So far they seem very ground based/stack healers based off the animations which would put them closer to shamans. If the bronze aspect is time then damage delay shields would be rather unique as we have only seen it implemented in brewmasters. If they can put this on a short cd/charge attack that would completely change the game and make them one of the most valuable healers to have. Most deaths (non-instant) occur to spike damage in moderate/high damage environments. Furthermore personals/externals are often too late to prevent the big hits from pushing you into <1 gcd territory. Simply spreading that over 3+ seconds makes all the difference.

If you combine this with hots/ground effects they should have a pretty versatile kit. Most likely they will have the same weakness shamans do with spread healing. But who knows they still need to test things and trying to target allies with ground based abilities is difficult so it will most likely be much smarter or the radius will be significant. I'm excited for the mobility aspect of it personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Renewing Mist, Enveloping Mist, Riptide, Healing Rain, Healing Stream Totem and some other of their healing skills are neither fillers nor cooldowns and have a HoT-component attached to them. The mentioned skills are basic abilities both healers use frequently. And depending on the content, over half of their healing comes from HoT or HoT-like abilities. So I disagree.
    actually those ARE CDS. Healing rain being the only exception but also isn't quite a hot as a ground effect. The druid Efflorescent does it way better anyway (instant, concentrated, longer lasting). Granted the CD is short but it's still a cd and is just use on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    actually those ARE CDS. Healing rain being the only exception but also isn't quite a hot as a ground effect. The druid Efflorescent does it way better anyway (instant, concentrated, longer lasting). Granted the CD is short but it's still a cd and is just use on cd.
    So Wild Growth is a CD as well and not a base rotational ability?

CDs are skills with a 2-3 minute CD. A skill with a 5, 10 or 20 second CD can't be considered a "CD" in the usual sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want an Evoker healing spell where you breathe "fire" on allies, with the duration being longer if you use the Empower bar longer.

"YES... BURN... BURN WITH HEALING!"

Since we're all guessing on this, my guess is that its going to a mix of disc priest's absorbs/shielding ("time magic") and direct healing, with a mix of HOT AOE heals like healing rain and magic mushroom.

There's bound to be at least one massive cone based heal (dragon's breath), potentially shapeshifting ability (ala Alexstraza in hots) that enhances your heals, or allows you to heal and dps at the same time, as well as dispel/cleanse abilities based on fire (purifying fire concept).

10+ Year Old Account
    The talents are up, so many of these questions are answered.

Gotta say, Preservation is looking to be a very fun healing spec.

Looking to be an extremely versatile healer for pvp - you get to move your allies all over the place, increase movement speed, and best of all you can freeze them in place and totally not troll them at all by doing it in an unfortunate location. Waiting on some games to pop to see the true action of them in simulated pvp, but they look like they're going to be a very strong pve addition.

Pve I haven't touched in about a year, but it's another option for/ slightly better option than resto druid imo, as you get the ticking healing with more ability to handle burst.

I'm relieved it's not another HoT focused healer like it was announced. It's way more than a Restoration Shaman, both are very similar in their toolkit and how they heal. So my fear of them being another Druid or Monk healer was wrong, they're indeed looking to be another Resto Shaman kind of healer.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    You felt it too? they removed these skills from MW monk back in a days - "these skills is too OP, they ruin balance", and nowdays they just add it to Evoker... lmao so now they don't care about balance?