Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Cæli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,575
    I don't see how new content is needed, seems we're not playing the same game

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by MxLionheart View Post
    Two? Which was the other?
    Vicarious visions I believe.

  3. #23
    "there’s more happening in WoW than ever"

    Delusional much? Bored now more than ever. Maybe more going on in this offices, but your content output SUCKS. Stop patting yourselves on the back. FFS.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    They did. Maybe improve your comprehension skills.
    Did it.

    Still nothing usefull.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    "there’s more happening in WoW than ever"

    Delusional much? Bored now more than ever. Maybe more going on in this offices, but your content output SUCKS. Stop patting yourselves on the back. FFS.
    8 expansions. Tons of transmog to collect achievements to do. Race combos to make. About 3 Different versions of the game running...
    There is honestly more happening in WoW than ever. Facts don't care about your feelings.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    8 expansions. Tons of transmog to collect achievements to do. Race combos to make. About 3 Different versions of the game running...
    There is honestly more happening in WoW than ever. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    You took the time to write an internet meme? Fact don't care about my feelings?

    OK. Thanks for your time and for solving the worlds problems with your knowledge and usefulness. Doesn't change the fact that the game is currently boring...

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    You took the time to write an internet meme? Fact don't care about my feelings?

    OK. Thanks for your time and for solving the worlds problems with your knowledge and usefulness. Doesn't change the fact that the game is currently boring...
    Could be said the same to you. Thanks for taking the time to write yet another typical "WoW is boring" post on MMO Champion. Thanks for solving the worlds problems with your knowledge and usefulness. It's so constructive and meaningful.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Doesn't get more ominous than that.
    Seriously? Did you ever play Asheron's Call? That game literally had 150 monthly content updates over the first 13 years of the game's operation. That's a total of 7 months over 13 years that did not come with content updates. I'm not sure there's a single other game out there that has that kind of track record.

    I can't speak for D&D Online or LoTRO, but they absolutely nailed it with Asheron's Call and anyone who disagrees has never actually played it. It's easily the best MMO I've ever played, save for WoW. Hell, I even came back to Asheron's Call after I stopped playing WoW and it still held up. It's a shame that they shut it down, but it's fortunate that the community has been developing some very fine emulated servers.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2022-07-01 at 10:29 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    Could be said the same to you. Thanks for taking the time to write yet another typical "WoW is boring" post on MMO Champion. Thanks for solving the worlds problems with your knowledge and usefulness. It's so constructive and meaningful.
    Then ignore it. What did you get out of this exchange? I got nothing...

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Then ignore it. What did you get out of this exchange? I got nothing...
    You could also ignore this news post and not post anything. What did you get out commenting on it? You clearly wanted a response right? Or else you wouldn't comment.

    What's the purpose of trolling and then saying ignore the troll post when you yourself are the troll...

  11. #31
    By increased content demand, does he mean one content patch per year for a subscription game is ludicrous?

    Or does he mean that releasing the least amount of content for the same period of time compared to two previous expansions has cost them a lot of subscriptions?

    They didn't need Proletariat to "support our increased content needs" in Legion.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    8 expansions. Tons of transmog to collect achievements to do. Race combos to make. About 3 Different versions of the game running...
    There is honestly more happening in WoW than ever. Facts don't care about your feelings.
    There's a short discussion in what you just posted, though. Does 'more going on' mean in the current expansion, which is the front facing product being sold? Or does 'more going on' refer to the entire game period? It all depends on what it is you're really trying to sell.

    Here's my anecdote: I thought Cataclysm was a great expansion. I found literally hundreds of things to do over the course of it. It was also the current expansion when I started playing, during Firelands. But people keep telling me it was a terrible expansion.

  13. #33
    The Insane Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    19,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Not expecting quick results, training period is expected and the statement even mentions it.
    Yeah it's likely we won't see them truly start making good content until the last patch or two of Dragonflight, but hopefully this means a better 11.0 and a quicker end patch for Dragonflight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Vicarious visions I believe.
    They are working on Diablo 4.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    You took the time to write an internet meme? Fact don't care about my feelings?

    OK. Thanks for your time and for solving the worlds problems with your knowledge and usefulness. Doesn't change the fact that the game is currently boring...
    To be fair, 9.2 does have a lot of content if you like grinding for new mounts. If mounts aren't your thing then yeah I can see your point. There's content there but it's not for everyone.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    By increased content demand, does he mean one content patch per year for a subscription game is ludicrous?

    Or does he mean that releasing the least amount of content for the same period of time compared to two previous expansions has cost them a lot of subscriptions?

    They didn't need Proletariat to "support our increased content needs" in Legion.
    It's obvious that COVID set them back terribly. Plus people didn't like slands so they cut a patch.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    You could also ignore this news post and not post anything. What did you get out commenting on it? You clearly wanted a response right? Or else you wouldn't comment.

    What's the purpose of trolling and then saying ignore the troll post when you yourself are the troll...
    Because I am not trolling. I am expressing an opinion that you don't agree with so you think I shouldn't post it. Stuff it.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Seriously? Did you ever play Asheron's Call? That game literally had 150 monthly content updates over the first 13 years of the game's operation. That's a total of 7 months over 13 years that did not come with content updates. I'm not sure there's a single other game out there that has that kind of track record.

    I can't speak for D&D Online or LoTRO, but they absolutely nailed it with Asheron's Call and anyone who disagrees has never actually played it. It's easily the best MMO I've ever played, save for WoW. Hell, I even came back to Asheron's Call after I stopped playing WoW and it still held up. It's a shame that they shut it down, but it's fortunate that the community has been developing some very fine emulated servers.
    Lotro had a really good content cadence over the first 4 or 5 years, and is still fun to play today. Most of Lotro's problems stemmed from early design decisions and the game's engine being ass. (mostly the game engine being ass)

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Lotro had a really good content cadence over the first 4 or 5 years, and is still fun to play today. Most of Lotro's problems stemmed from early design decisions and the game's engine being ass. (mostly the game engine being ass)
    One of the big issues LotRO had to deal with in the long run is that Turbine never managed to live up to the standard set by Shadow of Angmar. The original version of the game was a true masterpiece and then they kinda couldn't actually make something as good again despite their best efforts. Which eventually caught up to them and killed the game during its second expansion. It went downhill from there

  17. #37
    35 posts after 48 hours clearly shows: too less too late.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •