Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Idol of Y'Shaarj - New Shadow Priest Talent Breakdown

Idol of Y'Shaarj - New Shadow Priest Talent Breakdown
    Blizzard has provided a breakdown of the Idol of Y'Shaarj spell, a new Shadow Priest talent coming in Dragonflight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Idol of Y'Shaarj: Shadowfiend causes you to gain a benefit based on your target's current emotional state.

Idol of Y’Shaarj will receive a new tooltip as we get closer to Dragonflight. In the meantime though, here’s a breakdown of what it currently does:

If your target is…

Above 80% health? → Pride
    • You and your Shadowfiend deal increased damage while Shadowfiend is active.

Enraged? → Anger
    • Purges the enraged effect and increases your Haste while Shadowfiend is active.

Stunned? → Despair
    • You generate Insanity while Shadowfiend is active.

Feared? → Fear
    • You and your Shadowfiend deal increased damage and do not break fear effects while Shadowfiend is active.

No conditions met? → Violence
    • Duration of Shadowfiend is increased.

The priority order is:
    Anger/Despair/Fear → Pride → Violence

As with everything in the talent tree, these effects are subject to change. I hope this clears up some confusion. We’ll continue monitoring the community’s feedback and we look forward to sharing more Dragonflight details in the future!
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-07-01 at 11:47 PM.

Will probably be a pain to manage during hectic fights but I think this is pretty cool flavor wise.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably go for one of the other simpler talents myself but I’m actually getting kinda interested in seeing these trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems confusing and annoying to balance and to judge the power aka bad for all skill levels.

Why do they always give the most complicated and mechanically complex abilities to Priests, we must be the most responsible class.

This seems like one of those things that a dev on the team spent months iterating on and will end up being something most Shadow Priests forget even exists because it accounts for less than 1% of their damage.

Where is copium? there should be copium with top priority before any emotional state.

That not breaking fear perk could be insane in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    That not breaking fear perk could be insane in PvP.
    Yeah, thought the same. You can fear, followed by stund ans silence.

i don’t get why that team is that learning resistent. everyone and his grandma learned years ago how such talents end: exactly what the posters above said.

what will happen?

1)
    while in development they invest huge time for a 1% output talent, change it back and forth for 10 times before expansion goes live.

2)
    after expansion goes live they can’t catch a mid ground for it and they realize that they created the next „either it’s too strong or too weak“ talent they not get balanced.

3)
    cause of above talent’s complexity and the more easy direct damage of it’s successor talents, ppl choose the other talents and ignore above talent completely.

4)
    in the next xpac they realize it was garbage and throw it away.

all that said:

didn’t Blizz learned ALL THAT SHIT decades ago ???

is it really worth all that shit, just to have a „cool looking talent“ on your Dragonflight feature list ???

sometimes i get the feeling they do such things just to do ANY things, because they don’t know what to add or change else, so the next xpac feels „fresh“.

idk…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-02 at 06:57 AM.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    - Purges the enraged effect and increases your Haste while Shadowfiend is active.
    <Angry warrior noises>

It is not a short comment you dingus

100% Shadow Priest Design - Adding various extra hoops for flavor, while other classes just get better performance for less work.

Anyone remember when Halo did max damage only in a sweet spot, not too close, not too far, while everyone else's AoE was just... flat damage, the same at all times?

Thanks, Blizz. Really feeling the love.

How is this complicated again? Outside of PvP, trash or questing(lol) the talent is literally;
    "Your shadowfiend does more damage on pull and your shadowfiend's duration is increased."

I can see this maybe having some fight dependant utility on prog (the soothe specifically) but it's not going to cause anything like the issues s2m caused.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Holy dam , this is the saddes comment section I ever saw.

Blizzard makes a talent that looks fun , has lore flavor and trys to be new. What you all do ?

Crying over crying.

Gotts be honest people who complain about this, should just log out , go outside and think for a moment what in their lifes went wrong to become this petty of a human being

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post

Blizzard makes a talent that looks fun , has lore flavor and trys to be new. What you all do ?

Crying over crying.

Gotts be honest people who complain about this, should just log out , go outside and think for a moment what in their lifes went wrong to become this petty of a human being
    Because its an over designed and blatantly flawed talent that, as an earlier poster said, is an example of blizzards outright refusal to learn from the past in how these sort of abilities are a bad idea?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Overdesigned? I'm sorry what?
    In PvE outside of niche situations (wherein you are probably taking the talent for said situation or because of a pre-agreed strat to do with adds), the talent is in essence "Your shadowfiend does X more damage", that's not exactly the brain burster people here are making out.

The only part of this talent that even has the possibility of changing how you press your buttons is despair.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Crying over crying.

Idea is 100% while execution is just not there. That's the issue. This skill will have the exact problems the Nightfae fairy had.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Overdesigned? I'm sorry what?
    In PvE outside of niche situations (wherein you are probably taking the talent for said situation or because of a pre-agreed strat to do with adds), the talent is in essence "Your shadowfiend does X more damage", that's not exactly the brain burster people here are making out.

The only part of this talent that even has the possibility of changing how you press your buttons is despair.
    Its not over designed in thats its difficult. Its doing to many things.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Because its an over designed and blatantly flawed talent that, as an earlier poster said, is an example of blizzards outright refusal to learn from the past in how these sort of abilities are a bad idea?
    If this is over designed , wow classic with 1 button rotation is two blocks down. Enjoy your theme park

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Idea is 100% while execution is just not there. That's the issue. This skill will have the exact problems the Nightfae fairy had.
    How can the execution not be there if you havent even seen it in action ? Do you look at a new employee who not worked a day yet and say ,, yep , your work motivation doesnt look good buddy‘‘

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    FIVE , it does five things whefe maybe 2 matter under specific condiotions and the other are at highest for optimizied gameplay without effecting casual rotations. Holy dam. Iam by now shocked at how far people reach to just keep hating for no reason, causd i refuse to accept you are serious right now

How can the execution not be there if you havent even seen it in action ? Do you look at a new employee who not worked a day yet and say ,, yep , your work motivation doesnt look good buddy‘‘
    Because we already had these talents in the past and based on how often they changed them it's easy to see what the problems will be - and that it eventually will be overshadowed by the alternatives.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again