Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Because we already had these talents in the past and based on how often they changed them it's easy to see what the problems will be - and that it eventually will be overshadowed by the alternatives.
    cant seem to find the old version of this talent ? which expansion was it ?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    cant seem to find the old version of this talent ? which expansion was it ?
    I'm talking about this talent that was similarly overloaded in what it did: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=327661...ians#changelog

Just look at the changelog and how often it was modified and tuned. And in the end it still was barely used overall.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This is really interesting, it will certainly be very powerful in pvp. Though it needs to be tested in practice with the other talents.

I'm talking about this talent that was similarly overloaded in what it did: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=327661...ians#changelog

Just look at the changelog and how often it was modified and tuned. And in the end it still was barely used overall.
    This isnt overloaded, its just harder to balance cause it has multiple effects that need to be around the same level of usage.

But calling 3 ability option / 5 overloaded……. and demanding blizzard to be lazy and not design flavorful talents instead … I am amazed, if a ability is more then one sentence you already hate it ? children this days…

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Will probably be a pain to manage during hectic fights but I think this is pretty cool flavor wise.
    I doubt it. At worst you'll redirect it to a new enemy when you see it's a better target, but that's not really high effort.

- - - Updated - - -

You think that is overloaded? Sorry but that's laughable. It's literally fire-and-forget. All you gotta do is know who you last used 3 abilities on.

And in the end it still was barely used overall.
    It is literally the most used Holy priest covenant ability. And it's extremely important for mana regen and CD's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Idol of Y'Shaarj - New Shadow Priest Talent Breakdown
    Blizzard has provided a breakdown of the Idol of Y'Shaarj spell, a new Shadow Priest talent coming in Dragonflight.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Idol of Y'Shaarj: Shadowfiend causes you to gain a benefit based on your target's current emotional state.

Idol of Y’Shaarj will receive a new tooltip as we get closer to Dragonflight. In the meantime though, here’s a breakdown of what it currently does:

If your target is…

Above 80% health? → Pride
    • You and your Shadowfiend deal increased damage while Shadowfiend is active.

Enraged? → Anger
    • Purges the enraged effect and increases your Haste while Shadowfiend is active.

Stunned? → Despair
    • You generate Insanity while Shadowfiend is active.

Feared? → Fear
    • You and your Shadowfiend deal increased damage and do not break fear effects while Shadowfiend is active.

No conditions met? → Violence
    • Duration of Shadowfiend is increased.

The priority order is:
    Anger/Despair/Fear → Pride → Violence

As with everything in the talent tree, these effects are subject to change. I hope this clears up some confusion. We’ll continue monitoring the community’s feedback and we look forward to sharing more Dragonflight details in the future!
    Pretty awesome.
    Seems a little susceptible to being overpowered, but that's definitely a worthwhile risk imo.

This gives me hope for the new expansion, silly as that may seem.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    You think that is overloaded? Sorry but that's laughable. It's literally fire-and-forget. All you gotta do is know who you last used 3 abilities on.

It is literally the most used Holy priest covenant ability. And it's extremely important for mana regen and CD's.
    I don't see any guide specifically recommending this Covenant ability, only the wowhead one says it's best for raiding Holy Priests. And this ability wasn't initially what it is now, it has seen many changes. It worked completely different when Shadowlands launched. And that's what I am talking about. I have a very hard time seeing them tuning this correctly to not only compete with the other Idols, but to be taken as a talent at all.

And this ability wasn't initially what it is now, it has seen many changes. It worked completely different when Shadowlands launched. And that's what I am talking about. I have a very hard time seeing them tuning this correctly to not only compete with the other Idols, but to be taken as a talent at all.
    We could get into a pedantic argument about what constitutes "many changes" over the course of an expansion or whether we should include numbers and grammer tweaks in the same categories and full-on reworks, but we'd be getting lost in the weeds.

The reality is for the vast majority of PvE encounters functionally this talent boils down to "shadowfiend does X more damage". Given you'll likely be pressing shadowfiend on CD most of the time that means this talent doesn't materially affect how you play the game at all.

Now taking your argument at its highest, so PvP and add control in M+/raiding even then the only part of this talent that might change how you press your buttons is going to be the extra insanity gen on a stun.

EDIT: Broad strokes this isn't some brain-melting *insert lol champion ability text* meme tier situation. It's a couple of if/thens that will almost never impact gameplay at all in pve.
    Last edited by Saltysquidoon; 2022-07-02 at 09:24 AM.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Having a soothe effect when needed could be really nice, if you somehow find yourself in an M+ with neither druids, hunters nor rogues.

Mad spells for mad spec, seems fair

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    We could get into a pedantic argument about what constitutes "many changes" over the course of an expansion or whether we should include numbers and grammer tweaks in the same categories and full-on reworks, but we'd be getting lost in the weeds.

The reality is for the vast majority of PvE encounters functionally this talent boils down to "shadowfiend does X more damage". Given you'll likely be pressing shadowfiend on CD most of the time that means this talent doesn't materially affect how you play the game at all.

Now taking your argument at its highest, so PvP and add control in M+/raiding even then the only part of this talent that might change how you press your buttons is going to be the extra insanity gen on a stun.

EDIT: Broad strokes this isn't some brain-melting *insert lol champion ability text* meme tier situation. It's a couple of if/thens that will almost never impact gameplay at all in pve.
    I'm not denying that. But when we look at the talent tree, the left half of the bottom tier is clearly the weaker one. Without incredibly overtuning I cannot imagine when somebody would go down the route and take Idol of N'zoth or Idol of Ysharaj. I already have not enough points for my "Shadowy Apparition" focused playstyle I was aiming for, I don't even have enough points for the concurring Idol of Yogg.

I'm not denying that. But when we look at the talent tree, the left half of the bottom tier is clearly the weaker one. Without incredibly overtuning I cannot imagine when somebody would go down the route and take Idol of N'zoth or Idol of Ysharaj. I already have not enough points for my "Shadowy Apparition" focused playstyle I was aiming for, I don't even have enough points for the concurring Idol of Yogg.
    Ever heard of playing for fun and not min max ? else they could just make it like in classic and remove all class flavor

1 button , does x damage, you press this now on repeat.

Tbh you are the same guy who already hates on evoker for being restrodruids clones without having any example but : HoTs

I really wonder what irl issue made you like this petty

Ever heard of playing for fun and not min max ? else they could just make it like in classic and remove all class flavor

1 button , does x damage, you press this now on repeat.

Tbh you are the same guy who already hates on evoker for being restrodruids clones without having any example but : HoTs

I really wonder what irl issue made you like this petty
    I'm not hating, I'm questioning - in this case and in the case of Evoker Healer. But whatever, seems like your a little bit tone deaf, so nevermind.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like a surrender to madness situation all over. Ending up being either niche or great.

Pvp could be fun.. but a hassle for the most part.

Holy dam , this is the saddes comment section I ever saw.

Blizzard makes a talent that looks fun , has lore flavor and trys to be new. What you all do ?

Crying over crying.

Gotts be honest people who complain about this, should just log out , go outside and think for a moment what in their lifes went wrong to become this petty of a human being
    The talent itself is fine imo, but I fear that they will not implement this bluepost into the tooltip for the ability. And that's what bothers me: WoW has TERRIBLE tooltips. There's always the "chance to...". Yeah, and how high is the chance? Then there's trinkets like in DOS, which has "???" as a tooltip and you have to look it up on wowhead to even know what that thing does.

This talent could be nice, but not if you have to read blueposts about it to understand what it does. Because ingame those interactions are extremely hard to notice.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any guide specifically recommending this Covenant ability, only the wowhead one says it's best for raiding Holy Priests. And this ability wasn't initially what it is now, it has seen many changes. It worked completely different when Shadowlands launched. And that's what I am talking about. I have a very hard time seeing them tuning this correctly to not only compete with the other Idols, but to be taken as a talent at all.
    The ablity never changed mechanically outside of Beta, only the legendary did. And every holy priest guide I've read (wowhead and icy veins) recommends it. Also it is the best talent; it gives HUGE mana regeneration and a 20-40% dmg reduction for a single player. Granted, playing around the CDR-buff is difficult, since you use flash heal regularly, but otherwise this ability is not complicated at all. The legendary on the other hand was/is.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Will probably be a pain to manage during hectic fights but I think this is pretty cool flavor wise.
    as it stands now oyuill never ever use this skill cuz its in the end of the left bad skill brench youill never skill into it, so dont worry

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its not over designed in thats its difficult. Its doing to many things.
    not everyone is bad like you, classic is there tho, you can enjoy 2 buttons gameplay all you wish
    I.O BFA Season 3

Seems like its gonna be a bitch to balance, but I am happy that they are throwing out new ideas and see what sticks.

Bunch of smooth brained individuals in this thread, if something does 5 different things, their poor poor little brain overheats.
    Last edited by Nask; 2022-07-02 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    as it stands now oyuill never ever use this skill cuz its in the end of the left bad skill brench youill never skill into it, so dont worry
    Yeah pretty much this. But that's just another problem of why nobody would use this. Blizzard can fix this by swapping positions though and it would make sense. Idol of Cthun and Idol of Nzoth both being AoE focused and Idol of Ysharaj and Idol of Yogg being ST focused make more sense to compete instead of what we have now.

And this ability wasn't initially what it is now, it has seen many changes. It worked completely different when Shadowlands launched
    That's actually just a blatant lie. The ability underwent many changes, in beta, as you can see that the first 4-5 changelogs are all in 9.0.1, but then all changes after that point are not actually changes to the ability at all, just changes to metadata surrounding the spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !