What DPS Class & Spec do you think will be the most forgiving to use in Mythic+?

I've been playing a Frost DK for years, but honestly I kind of hate how Blizzard has balanced them ENTIRELY around their Pillar of Frost window. I've honestly lost a lot of the skill I used to have as a player, and it's frustrating to either die from tunnel-vision OR watching my damage fall off a cliff, because I didn't perform my rotation PERFECTLY during a small window while trying to pay attention to other mechanics.

I know Warlocks and Hunters are supposed to be getting significant nerfs, although I'm not quite sure what the magnitude of those changes are going to be? I've really only played a Frost DK and a Fire Mage this expansion, and I seem to be pretty terrible at both.

Ideally, I want something with a more CONSISTENT damage-output. I'm generally pretty attentive and good with rotations, but I want to be able to just stop what I'm doing and MOVE if I'm standing in something, which is pretty common in Mythic+'s (especially as melee, I've noticed). It probably doesn't help that my laptop is pretty old, and there are SO MANY SPELL-EFFECTS going off, I can virtually never see the ground I'm standing on, so I miss shit I need to get out of way too often.

But mainly, yeah I just want to play something that if I flub up a button or two here or there, I'm not losing like 40% of my damage because it happened during my "big cooldown".

Any suggestions or advice? Or maybe a bit of a breakdown for those specs you're familiar with?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Help me choose threads" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've been playing a Frost DK for years, but honestly I kind of hate how Blizzard has balanced them ENTIRELY around their Pillar of Frost window. I've honestly lost a lot of the skill I used to have as a player, and it's frustrating to either die from tunnel-vision OR watching my damage fall off a cliff, because I didn't perform my rotation PERFECTLY during a small window while trying to pay attention to other mechanics.

I know Warlocks and Hunters are supposed to be getting significant nerfs, although I'm not quite sure what the magnitude of those changes are going to be? I've really only played a Frost DK and a Fire Mage this expansion, and I seem to be pretty terrible at both.

Ideally, I want something with a more CONSISTENT damage-output. I'm generally pretty attentive and good with rotations, but I want to be able to just stop what I'm doing and MOVE if I'm standing in something, which is pretty common in Mythic+'s (especially as melee, I've noticed). It probably doesn't help that my laptop is pretty old, and there are SO MANY SPELL-EFFECTS going off, I can virtually never see the ground I'm standing on, so I miss shit I need to get out of way too often.

But mainly, yeah I just want to play something that if I flub up a button or two here or there, I'm not losing like 40% of my damage because it happened during my "big cooldown".

Any suggestions or advice? Or maybe a bit of a breakdown for those specs you're familiar with?
    I mean, wierd choice of specs you play if you want non-cooldown based consistent damage that functions with high-movement.

The obvious solution to your problem is BM hunter.
    Calling the BM hunter rotation a "rotation" is offensive to actual specs with rotations.
    Everything you have is instant cast from range, you can move all day. No big cooldowns at all.

Another choice would be Demo Lock.
    Yes, mobility is trash and you have to sit still and actually cast stuff but the rotation is super simple.

For melee I would probably suggest Outlaw or Sub.
    Rogues are very forgiving to play with Cloak and Cheat Death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just play DH. They are the easiest dps class in the game.