Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Did just realize... the datamined 'Evoker' spells are all from the preorder items.

The datamined magic circle that matches that one Evoker spell we were shown is present on the helm I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

So when do we get the Timewalker's Hearthstone effect? Is it not until the patch or should I have gotten this with all my other digital goodies?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rewind back to 2006 or 2008.

HS effect and themed mounts:

The real Blizzard would have developed this cool event where you´d complete an epic quest chain around the world, always theme related and joining forced with other players to defear mighty enemies. As a reward, you would obtain different HS effects.
    There would be a new faction which would follow with every coming up expansion, some sort of Lorekeepers faction which would have this cool effects avaiable among other rewards such as mounts, also obtainable through epic adventures with your best friends!

Back to 2020sh. Modern Blizzard: Pay X, instantly get X effect. WoW is becoming to much like all the other modern trash games, all about P2W, sadly. Yes, win, because winning doesn´t have a fixed meaning on a MMORPG. For peopel who collect stuff, this is a pay to win, they didn´t have to put a cool effort, it was bought off.

I will most likely play Dragonflight, even if just to check it out and out. But this is the first time that I have not pre-ordered.. feels weird, and so far they have announced really REALLY good features.. but it´s hard to believe that that they can beat Classic WotLK.. and that is quite something because Wrath clasic will be infested of in-game-gold transactions game style from players.
    Last edited by shise; 2022-07-04 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Gonna be rich seeing literally EVERY ONE of the people who bragged about not pre ordering, playing the expac on day 1

Happens every expac, I'll see you all in Dragonflight no matter how garbage it is, you addicts can't stop playing
    just because you can't quit doesn't mean others can't. since at least WoD I've spent only the early portion of the x-pac subbed, generally coming back towards the end. I left legion with only I believe 1 max level (DH, out of at least one of every class @previou max level alliance side) and came back to find myself trying to level with artifacts that lost their power.

I've been playing since ~mid-TBC and have spent countless years unsubbed.

and again, one of the differences is I never really bothered to try any other games before. but now I have 2 f2p ones that have kept me away from wow and occupied since mercenaries' hearthstone release. that and my God WoW has simply gone to shit both quality and quantity-wise. one class and one race in 2 xpacs but they're one in the same and both look lame? as an altotholic races and classes are my bread and butter and there's nothing for me here. save for those pets but they're hardly worth $50 on their own.

I'll happily bet you I won't be back until f2p.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    luckily 98,5% of the players never even heard of this place or places like it and just play the game. You just try it sometime, it's quite good if you just allow yourself to have fun. You know, the purpose of games...
    Well said.
    Its just a game and I play it to have fun.

Many of the games I like are around €40/50 at first. On Steam/Ubisoft/Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    So when do we get the Timewalker's Hearthstone effect? Is it not until the patch or should I have gotten this with all my other digital goodies?
    You should have it. It's in a gift box on the toy page. I could only open it from one of my alts, wasn't showing on most chars. Toy box kept opening on page 35 but nothing else. Not sure if buggy or an addon problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    The drakk pet looks better and more dragon-ish than the fucking playing playable race, what a fucking joke

Shouldn't they advise when they are posting paid advertising like this?

So that's what, 12 euro / month + 50 euro per expansion bi-yearly.

To imagine that they have the audacity to add an ingame shop on top of that.

Developer integrity? Nonexistant. Greed? Endless.

Getting the base edition here. Usually I'm excited about the pre-order mounts, but not this time. Leafy dragons aren't for me.

does, at this point, anyone (or lets say „more than 3-5% of the once existing playerbase“) even care?

the xpac itself looks „not that hot“ (but that’s a completely another topic) to me, as well as the goodies or benefits in the editions. to me personally, that goodies and game editions look like someone realized between lunch and toilet: „oh right, we also need some goodies, to grab some money there too. so, can someone quickly cheap shit copy‘n‘paste something and paint it Dragonflight‘y?“.

maybe it spends them are few more bucks, from their last remaining customers.

in short: to me all editions and stuff look rather cheap and lame and give me a feeling of „Blizzard realized their actual player numbers and the goodies fit that numbers well, but also it seems Blizzard is not much interessted in increasing that player numbers again“.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-04 at 06:01 PM.

I did it last xpac. the Dragonflight Heroic Edition is $70. The next version up is $20, but comes with a sub. So for basically $5 different I get to get all the fancy edition stuff.

This actually looks good for a change. Normally in the past, I was excited for the expansion but then the mount/pets/goodies they came up with were lame. Now I'm not interested in the expansion but the dragon and pets themselves look interesting.

You can even use that dragon in the new zone? I don’t think so

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna be rich seeing literally EVERY ONE of the people who bragged about not pre ordering, playing the expac on day 1

Happens every expac, I'll see you all in Dragonflight no matter how garbage it is, you addicts can't stop playing
    How can anyone be addicted to this type of gameplay?
    It’s ancient, it’s boring. No innovation whatsoever.

Watching paint dry is more exciting than playing this corpse of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Pro-tip: don't preorder games.
    Pro tip: Don't tell people what to do and let people decide for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    So that's what, 12 euro / month + 50 euro per expansion bi-yearly.

To imagine that they have the audacity to add an ingame shop on top of that.

Developer integrity? Nonexistant. Greed? Endless.
    The devs don't decide on the shop. The devs have plenty of integrity and they certainly don't lose it because they or the company do something you do not like. YOu are not he sole arbter of how business should be done. Just remember that you need absolutely nothing on the shop to play the game, so your outrage is misplaced.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Nope. I'm done with what is left of Blizzard. I am not going to financially reward a company that is run by, and panders to, a generation that doesn't know what gender they are anymore. Rainbows and pink shit everywhere.
    Good. Blizzard doesn't want money from raging homophobe anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    How can anyone be addicted to this type of gameplay?
    It’s ancient, it’s boring. No innovation whatsoever.

Watching paint dry is more exciting than playing this corpse of a game.
    And yet you're still here trashing on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Such bullshit, never have i been charged in the past for the pre-order of the CE version until it was to ship out, i normally pre-order the epic edition, then i get the CE in the mail i get a nice BNET credit for the price difference, clearly they want to pad numbers, and it's only available on their site this time around.
    They sell a ton of units regardless and they coun CE sales in their numbers, so it does not matter if they sell it themselves or a retailer does. They aren't padding numbers when they count it to begin with.

Been over a year? still 0 interest, jokes on you I guess? apparently you seem think MMoC represents the majority of the WoW player base

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    The "special edition" pack reminds me of a different era when things like that had some meaning to some people. Nowdays it just looks like cheap effort and even worse, desperate effort. Also usual laughable petty crap by blizzard: Tiny wings decorations because God forbid if it was something more substantial it could trigger God knows who.

They really should start listening very carefully they have done way too much damage to the game. Two failed expansions 4+ years wasted in a row and over 8+ years wasted in failed content overall.
    The last two expansions are the two highest selling games. You not liking something does not mean they "failed" nor does it means they wasted anything. Talk about projecting ones opinion.