Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Which they shouldn't have been since Shadowpriests giving away their PI is almost universally a raid dps loss unless they have Sun Priestess. Shadow loses more DPS from not using their own PI than any other class gains from it except in certain burn situations where other cds and/or damage buffs are up at the same time.
    Well, ye. That's where you give away PI. When Rets have wings up, or Demos pop out Tyrant. It was always the case.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So If i want to do logs top players will always be people with 3 priest using power infusion on them... so bad desing here... BL is the best part in raid when you feel all the people spamming like mad to down the boss all togheder... Power infusion ruins the feel of we are all the same ... so for me should be nerf to only priest use and avoid spam abuse in single raid members who will do better than others for this skill.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like PI.
    Shocked they didn’t give a PI equivalent to evokers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaine Valor View Post
    So If i want to do logs top players will always be people with 3 priest using power infusion on them... so bad desing here... BL is the best part in raid when you feel all the people spamming like mad to down the boss all togheder... Power infusion ruins the feel of we are all the same ... so for me should be nerf to only priest use and avoid spam abuse in single raid members who will do better than others for this skill.
    Logs filter out PI use

If Blizzard created an official form of logs that actually worked on optimizing the team instead of one person, all the nonsense would go away. Create a leaderboard that's essentially speed running raids with points deducted for deaths (like with M+ only inverse) and people will want to optimize their team instead of themselves.

Problem ofc is, can people actually speedrun Mythic or is it too hard even after nerfs to speedrun?

It messes with DPS integrity which is an effective tool for players to troubleshoot their gameplay. Ion said that there are 2 games being played, 'beat the boss' and 'top the meters', its true to a degree but game 1 is achieved by winning at game 2.

dps meters are an excellent tool to guage performance and they help players improve at the game. Artificially messing with the integrity or playing favorites can lead to poor balance.

Id be interested to see how priests and demo locks are balanced with that ability staying in the game, PI has played out as well as it could and now its pretty default 'every 3 min buff the lock' button which is terrible design when taken to its logical conclusion. Blizz may give PI a stupid CD that doesnt sync with other classes or they might have to nerf the primary beneficiaries of it to compensate.

As a design issue its a terrible skill that causes far more problems than solutions it provides. In general outside buffs to damage dont work well in a game like this.

What could work is changing it to effectively play the same but attribute all the bonus damage to the priest and balance the priest around it.
    For example: Infuse ally with power, causing every 5th ability to fire twice) that would be an effective 20% buff that PI is currenty but a bit more random, and those bonus abilities can be attributed to the priest themselves.

Personally i think it should just be deleted, there are better ways to implement things like this and im all for 'buff' skills that give allies benefits but those bonuses are attributed to the caster of the skill not the target. Something like casting lightning shield on an ally that makes them deal aoe damage around them but that damage is attributed to the caster not the target.

PI just proves Blizzard gives 0 fucks about logs. Just kills the fun during farm for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    PI just proves Blizzard gives 0 fucks about logs. Just kills the fun during farm for a lot of people.
    Doesn't warcraftlogs track PI anyways?? Just vote on the poll to give it a separate ranking

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    It messes with DPS integrity which is an effective tool for players to troubleshoot their gameplay. Ion said that there are 2 games being played, 'beat the boss' and 'top the meters', its true to a degree but game 1 is achieved by winning at game 2.

dps meters are an excellent tool to guage performance and they help players improve at the game. Artificially messing with the integrity or playing favorites can lead to poor balance.

Id be interested to see how priests and demo locks are balanced with that ability staying in the game, PI has played out as well as it could and now its pretty default 'every 3 min buff the lock' button which is terrible design when taken to its logical conclusion. Blizz may give PI a stupid CD that doesnt sync with other classes or they might have to nerf the primary beneficiaries of it to compensate.

As a design issue its a terrible skill that causes far more problems than solutions it provides. In general outside buffs to damage dont work well in a game like this.

What could work is changing it to effectively play the same but attribute all the bonus damage to the priest and balance the priest around it.
    For example: Infuse ally with power, causing every 5th ability to fire twice) that would be an effective 20% buff that PI is currenty but a bit more random, and those bonus abilities can be attributed to the priest themselves.

Personally i think it should just be deleted, there are better ways to implement things like this and im all for 'buff' skills that give allies benefits but those bonuses are attributed to the caster of the skill not the target. Something like casting lightning shield on an ally that makes them deal aoe damage around them but that damage is attributed to the caster not the target.
    Ret in Legion had the bonus damage attributed to them and they still nerfed it

I think the current approach of "you guys have your culture and we aren't going to screw with it or let it screw with us" is perfectly fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, ye. That's where you give away PI. When Rets have wings up, or Demos pop out Tyrant. It was always the case.
    Well, actually, no.

Giving PI away is a DPS loss excepting certain BURN situations. These certain burn situations are almost universally in cases where the bosses in question have very particular effects or vulnerabilities such as on Sludgefist's pillars.

It certainly was not 'always the case'
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Well, actually, no.

Giving PI away is a DPS loss excepting certain BURN situations. These certain burn situations are almost universally in cases where the bosses in question have very particular effects or vulnerabilities such as on Sludgefist's pillars.

It certainly was not 'always the case'
    It was for demonology warlocks. PI on a demo lock was powerful enough that demo got nerfed because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    It was for demonology warlocks. PI on a demo lock was powerful enough that demo got nerfed because of it.
    And fire, aff, boomie.

I'd rather not be balanced around an external that's not always available.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    And fire, aff, boomie.

I'd rather not be balanced around an external that's not always available.
    Thats my major problem with it. The class I play got nerfed, because of a priest ability and my raid team doesn't even have a priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Thats my major problem with it. The class I play got nerfed, because of a priest ability and my raid team doesn't even have a priest.
    And it'll keep fucking happening too, all because a bunch of morons who don't raid normal and can't clear a +2 say it's fine to have buffs like PI exist and those same morons are the ones who spend most of their time on forums rather than actually playing the game. Funny how they're also the same people who bitch that the game is broken and they can't get into pugs because because people "only" play the best classes.

Shit like Restless Crew will end up getting something random like Frost DK nerfed and then the 60% of Frost DKs who don't have a Rogue in their raid let alone in their party just get fucked over because of it.

It doesn't have to have anything to do with "parsing" or even still killing the boss despite getting nerfed - it's a shit feeling to have your character be straight up weaker on a Tuesday than it was on Monday because of some mechanic you don't have anything to do with. Cool, your Pillar of Frost is a three minute cooldown now because some people who play a videogame professionally managed to get it down to 15 seconds. Too bad you spent 10 days of real time gearing up your DK, now it plays like shit and your cooldowns don't line up as often anymore - don't worry though, people who barely play the game think it's okay so you'll be fine!