Poll: So has Blizzard given up on introducing new Allied Races?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You see them in death, as Spirit Healers.
    You think the Maldraxxian cannot be seen when they invade other worlds?
    You think Dreadlords, who are from Revrendreth, cannot be seen by mortal eyes?
    Considering Maldraxxius is meant to defend from threats invading the Shadowlands, thats kinda irrelevant since they're not exactly invading living realms.

    And Dreadlords were specifically crafted by Denathrius to invade other worlds, again, not exactly relevant to the rest of the covenants.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Considering Maldraxxius is meant to defend from threats invading the Shadowlands, thats kinda irrelevant since they're not exactly invading living realms.
    Demons aren't alive?

    And Dreadlords were specifically crafted by Denathrius to invade other worlds, again, not exactly relevant to the rest of the covenants.
    It is, actually, since they're denizens of the Shadowlands.
    The reason Kyrians are unseen probably comes from their angelic roots, who are rarely seen in myth and folklore.

  3. #43
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,504
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    It has been a few years since we have gotten a new Allied Race (Darkfallen/Dark Ranger is a cool skin but not an Allied Race).

    Many were convinced we would get the 4 covenants races as Allied Races but we did not. Any chance of getting them is practically slim now.

    Many were again convinced based on a rumor leak that Dragonflight would launch with a new one (Taunka), but again we did not get one.

    At this point is it fair to assume they are gone for good or discontinued for now?
    Just because many people are convinced doesn't mean it'll happen.. As you can clearly see. They didn't make them either because they don't have the resources or because they just don't want to.

  4. #44
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    At this point is it fair to assume they are gone for good or discontinued for now?
    Given how low budget Shadowlands was and Dragonflight is shaping up to be, I'd say yes. They can't even be bothered to give us reskins of long requested races like Saurok (Worgen skeleton) or Jinyu (Night Elf skeleton).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Covenants not getting allied races because they're from a different plane isn't really excuse given that Blizzard hasn't take their own story seriously for many years at this point. Mind as well throw in everything.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    There was never an indicator or anything we'd ever see any of the covenants as playable races. Some people just assumed that Blizz would just do it from now on for seemingly every new humanoid race they add, which is something they've even officially said once that they wouldn't do (back in BfA).
    The reason people thought they'd end up it was that they were in the files, the "This is what the Allied Races look like" thing was updated to have the Covenants

    However, it looks like they just re-used the Allied Race recruitment UI for the "Which Covenant do you want to join?" UI to save time, which both makes sense and explains why people thought they were going to be Allied Races

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    The reason people thought they'd end up it was that they were in the files, the "This is what the Allied Races look like" thing was updated to have the Covenants
    That's not true: https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=alliedrac...7.44444#page=1
    https://wow.tools/dbc/?dbc=chrraces&...7.44444#page=1

    That being said though, it is the ChrRace table where people noticed back in BfA some extra races and it's that where Blizzard (incl. Ion and Lore) had to officially clarify that this wasn't an indicator as to whether any of these races will become playable. It was merely an easier way for them to add "non-playable playable" races sometimes, as it was easier to make NPC's like that with different skin colors, facial features and armor, rather than designing unique npc's every time.

  7. #47
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,811
    if someone gonna ruin Shadowlands, and evacuate all these races to mortal plane... then yep.
    Hulk x She-hulk = Hulk-kids, Disney just image how easy to sell small Hulk-kids toys, just DO-IT /s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •