Poll: So has Blizzard given up on introducing new Allied Races?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Maldraxxus and Ardenweald don't really have covenant "races"; they're just a bunch of cooperating creatures.
    The venthyr and kyrian have no reason for existing outside of the context of their native realms and irs direct connections, barring obviously the Nathrezim (and they seem about the least likely friendly race in existence).

So yeah, is this just a "Gimme gimme" mentality fault on the OP's part, or is there an actual plan in regards to what you want in here somewhere?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Like all Blizzard features, they tried it once or twice, and that's that.

If they bring it back they'll call it something else, and have it be slightly different. That way, they can sell us on an "entirely new" feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Many were convinced we would get the 4 covenants races as Allied Races but we did not. Any chance of getting them is practically slim now.
    You know what was the gap between Mag'har and Dark Iron Introduction and addition? 4 and 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    there are 2 allied races missing, the equivalent to undead and worgen, all other main races have got their allied race equivalent
    Dracthyr is the Worgen equivalent, with them having two forms and possibly using a modified female Worgen rig.

I suspect allied races will be gradually adding more over time, but not as expansion-defining features

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everything has to be an Allied Race.

I'm legit surprised nobody's made the thread about Stony Boi from the DF Trailer saying "WE NEED THEM AS ALLIED RACES"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

back in BFA they were saying they were a BFA feature and any future allied races would be relatively infrequent

While I believe we will get more Allied races in the future(because it eases a lot of the pain of adding in new races) I doubt the covenant races are going to be part of them. But who knows, could happen if Blizz decides 'fuck it'

Allied races were a BfA feature. We won't see them often.
    Also, we won't be seeing the covenant races that have better things to do than come to Azeroth. I'm not even sure they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    It has been a few years since we have gotten a new Allied Race (Darkfallen/Dark Ranger is a cool skin but not an Allied Race).

Many were convinced we would get the 4 covenants races as Allied Races but we did not. Any chance of getting them is practically slim now.

Many were again convinced based on a rumor leak that Dragonflight would launch with a new one (Taunka), but again we did not get one.

At this point is it fair to assume they are gone for good or discontinued for now?
    "Many were convinced", more like "Couple of people thought to themselves".

There was never an indicator or anything we'd ever see any of the covenants as playable races. Some people just assumed that Blizz would just do it from now on for seemingly every new humanoid race they add, which is something they've even officially said once that they wouldn't do (back in BfA).

They flat out said there was no plans for ARs in the beginning of SLs. I think San'layn might of been honestly considered at one point as a late patch feature but it might of been abandoned.

I would expect ARs very few and far between in the future. For Blizzard this is constant source of new maintenance. Especially since their "all classes / all races" statement recently.

What about.... alied classes?

I'd rather they finish customization on what we have already before adding more allied races.
    Go look at a Dark Iron's customization options, then load up a regular dwarf. Worgen got barely anything but eyes and a few fur colours. Void and Blood Elves don't even have tattoos, and need Void / Holy customization options to differentiate themselves. Night Elf men still need to see a chiropractor.

I want more allied races, especially good ones for the Alliance, but we're not done with what we have already.

how would having the covenant guys as an alied race even make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how would having the covenant guys as an alied race even make sense?
    By having them join us after we helped save their realm from total annihilation?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    By having them join us after we helped save their realm from total annihilation?
    they're dead. how would they even make it to Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they're dead. how would they even make it to Azeroth?
    So are the Forsaken.
    Just like how we got to the Shadowlands after the rift was closed in 9.2.5.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So are the Forsaken.
    Forsaken died on Azeroth and were risen by the Lich King or Valkyr. the same cannot be said for beings from other worlds. even if we could somehow resurrect them and bring them to Azeroth, they would basically be undead. also the portals are there for gameplay reasons, not lore reasons. just like how if you go to Dalaran you can transport yourself to the Vindicaar but it's not on Argus anymore, it's left there and is, I presume, on Azeroth
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-07-07 at 04:46 AM.

So are the Forsaken.
    I mean, the Kyrian have been traveling to Azeroth from the start, and yet they're never seen.

They only seem to manifest in Azeroths afterlife realm.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Forsaken died on Azeroth and were risen by the Lich King or Valkyr. the same cannot be said for beings from other worlds. even if we could somehow resurrect them and bring them to Azeroth, they would basically be undead. also the portals are there for gameplay reasons, not lore reasons. just like how if you go to Dalaran you can transport yourself to the Vindicaar but it's not on Argus anymore, it's left there and is, I presume, on Azeroth
    Who said they need to be resurrected?
    Let me remind you how we recruited the Mag'har. 2 years after the portal to their reality was closed, we got some Bronze Dragon to get us there just so we can bring them back for playability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I mean, the Kyrian have been traveling to Azeroth from the start, and yet they're never seen.

They only seem to manifest in Azeroths afterlife realm.
    You see them in death, as Spirit Healers.
    You think the Maldraxxian cannot be seen when they invade other worlds?
    You think Dreadlords, who are from Revrendreth, cannot be seen by mortal eyes?
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-07-07 at 06:05 AM.

You see them in death, as Spirit Healers.
    You think the Maldraxxian cannot be seen when they invade other worlds?
    You think Dreadlords, who are from Revrendreth, cannot be seen by mortal eyes?
    Considering Maldraxxius is meant to defend from threats invading the Shadowlands, thats kinda irrelevant since they're not exactly invading living realms.

And Dreadlords were specifically crafted by Denathrius to invade other worlds, again, not exactly relevant to the rest of the covenants.