Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Jesus Christ you're retarded.

The only reason MMOs exist is because of raiding/grouping. The social aspect of MMOs came from grouping/raiding etc. Not playing solo. Everything you've said, and every reply you've given is objectively false. Sorry, report me if you want, but you're just a fucking idiot.

And GDKP is the best form of loot outside of an unbiased loot council. But if GDKP is handled properly, it puts the responsibility of BIS on the player, not the guild. In the end, making them responsible for how well geared they are. It's a great system, which is why it's used in so many different games/MMOs.
    First take is correct.

Second take borders along delusional. Spoken like someone that's never raided at a relevant level, at any point of the games history. Scrub.

lots a salty cry babies here lol

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    lots a salty cry babies here lol

Can you blame them? The game they once loved is a shadow of its former self.

Chortle my balls, nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    a boss in classic where you cant afk your way to victory?? sounds hardcore and bad game design
    please go AFK TBC against pre nerf bosses and see how long before your team replaces you.

you didnt think this through...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Solution: make no gear tradable. Personal drops only.

No more GDKP runs. No more split raids.

Sure you get bitchslapped by RNG and get to disenchant your double trinket drop in front of the guy who hasn't seen it drop for 3 months, but at least the EVIL GDKP RUNS are gone.
    and if you could never trade loot, the game would be over, people would stop raiding, they would lose a BIG portion of the game left over.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason MMOs exist is because of raiding/grouping. The social aspect of MMOs came from grouping/raiding etc. Not playing solo. Everything you've said, and every reply you've given is objectively false. Sorry, report me if you want, but you're just a fucking idiot.

And GDKP is the best form of loot outside of an unbiased loot council. But if GDKP is handled properly, it puts the responsibility of BIS on the player, not the guild. In the end, making them responsible for how well geared they are. It's a great system, which is why it's used in so many different games/MMOs.
    100% this, GDKPS are a differnt form of loot system used by a lot of people.

if you dont like it, form your own group, or get with the fold.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Dude, GDKP is one of the most toxic things in the game. Because now a lot of people are losing gear opportunities to gold buyers.

GDKP is optional. Don't you want it? Join a different group.
    Classic is easy enough. Asking for it to be easier is ridiculous.
    GDKP doesn't make sense in retail since you can already have most of the loot outside the raid.

This topic is lazy and pointless.

2 loot systems I wish were standard, GDKP and that weighted loot system Rift had back when it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by kironto View Post
    In a GDKP not only you don't have to deal with BS you have a guaranted drop so long you have the money for it.
    So it's not a guaranteed drop.

Raids are toxic and bad game design.
    They're really not. Also, "four hours of uninterrupted game time" is wrong, because a guild is not required to raid four hours. Some raid for two hours. Some for three. Some for four. Some raid two days a week. Some raid three. Some raid just one.

If you're having trouble in your guild to get everyone to show up at the same time, it's not a game problem, it's a player problem. Find more people that can raid at that same time, or leave and find another guild that raids at your hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonewholurks View Post
    First take is correct.

Second take borders along delusional. Spoken like someone that's never raided at a relevant level, at any point of the games history. Scrub.
    I've raided since Everquest, in many top-end guilds. where GDKP was literally created. I raided mythic top 100 in Legion in wow, did Savage raids in FFXIV up thru 5.4. Not to mention other MMO's, currently clearly lost ark Hard mode raids. so yeah, never raided anything relevant. Cool story bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the most 3head take ive seen in my life what on earth lmaooo

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if Blizzard actually laid down the hammer on gold buying. Should be an instant perma ban.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    It wouldn't be nearly as bad if Blizzard actually laid down the hammer on gold buying. Should be an instant perma ban.
    Seems unlikely from a company that literally sells gold.

OT though, sounds like a classic case of mad cuz bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

In a GDKP not only you don't have to deal with BS you have a guaranted drop so long you have the money for it. Raids are toxic and bad game design.
    How do you guarentee you have the gold for it? You are making no sense. It's like saying "you're guarenteed loot if you roll the highest"

Sounds like someone isn't good enough to do raids and is angry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

In a GDKP not only you don't have to deal with BS you have a guaranted drop so long you have the money for it. Raids are toxic and bad game design.
    Please reveal how and where I pay Illidan to finally drop the healer mace we haven't seen in months.

Guaranteed, my ass.

Heavens... that is where we are at now?

MMOs get worse because they have MMO mechanics and expect you to play with others?
    Ooooh the humanity...

The problem of Blizzard doing nothing against botters is not a problem because raiding exists.... i know people here like to tell everyone how raiding is the worst and no one who plays wow likes raiding and gear should come maxxed out in the mail....

But come on. If you don't like group content... how about you either

1) don't play a fucking MMO

or 2) play a MMO where group content doesn't matter like Swtor or ESO or BDO and leave one of the few MMO who actually try to create good group content alone?

And before people pile up: Yes is know GDKP is a problem. But it is a problem easily avoidable by just not PARTICIPATING!!! there are literally tons of raids which are not GDKP open on every classic era server i have ever played on or.... you know...open your own raid? It is possible you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    GDKPs also mostly exist because some gamer dad who can only play for 1 hour per week wants to have Warglaives for whatever reason. Its hard for me to understand why people want to have gear if they are not using it.
    For PvP, obviously.

PvE items in PvP - this is indeed bad game design. Equipping PvE items in PvP, especially weapons and trinkets, should have been disabled from TBC onwards - at least in Arenas and other forms of rated PvP.

Instead, profession pre-Honor sets with PvP stats should have been available from TBC (we do have such sets in Wrath, a-la Savage Saronite, Eviscerator, etc.) to wear in PvP, so they could start getting Honor and later Conquest using those. Rep. sets are limited only to 5-pieces and they do require Honored reps with factions; also, there is no off-set rep PvP items as well as no weapons to get.

Btw, GDKPs are going to florish in the end of Wrath. And, as much as I dislike it, I am already saving gold (and gonna save more during WoTLK first phases) so I would be able to purchase Bryntroll HC and DBW, cause, apparently, having these vs. not having these in PvP is gonna be a huge difference. I would prefer, of course, if all these items, as well as Smourne, would be disabled in Arenas, but, since it's unlikely to happen, seems that as a casual & PvP-focused player, who doesn't really like heroic raiding, I won't have any other options.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2022-07-05 at 07:01 AM.

GDKP solve two big issue with pug raiding. First, If I have all the items in a raid, why should have keep raiding? Answer, I get pay at the end. Second, We just pass that one boss that drop the loot I want, why should I stay in raid with the last 2 that are harder and we might wipe, Answer, the pay only happen at the end.

So you have pugs with better raider and with more chance of success. And with the shitty loot system right now, we need pugs. I was in every week of every Hyjal there was with my guild, I just never got any tier set from this place. My tokken just never dropped. I had to get it from a pug. It was a SR pug, but SR pug have those 2 issue.

The only issue with GDKP is that someone in there might have bought gold and might drop a stupid amount of gold for a single item. But people won't do it for non-broken OP item like DST. I got a shield from the BIS list on my shaman for 600g with a payout of 300g, so it only costed me 300g. We have far from gold buyer richness here...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    GDKP solve two big issue with pug raiding.
    Totally agree with your whole comment. GDKP is the best thing which can happen with pug raiding, and when I was mostly pugging back in WotLK I've almost exclusively attended those. It was a much better experience.

My only remark would be:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    The only issue with GDKP is that someone in there might have bought gold and might drop a stupid amount of gold for a single item.
    I don't see that as a problem. If somebody pays a stupid amount of gold for a single item that means that my pay at the end will be also higher.

Generally I think this is the best in GDKP: the only raiding format where are guaranteed to leave with a loot (if you attend the full raid). Yes, it may be "just" a substantial amount of gold, but there is no chance that you spend X hours without any meaningful reward.

When your progress depends on other 24 people doing hard mechanics on point and having all at least 4 hours of uninterrupted game time
    It's nearly like it's a MMO game. Who would have thought.
    Hint : if you don't want your progress depending on other people, maybe don't play a cooperative multiplayer game. Duh.

Keep being in denial, MMORPG's are dying for a reason, people don't have the time for your shit raiding.
    Yeah you sure made this thread in good faith.
    I think you're just upset you didn't make it to a raid team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Please reveal how and where I pay Illidan to finally drop the healer mace we haven't seen in months.

Guaranteed, my ass.
    That's the boss loot RNG. You're guaranteed to get a drop, not which drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.