• Not yet but plan to

137 27.35%
  • Will not pre-order

166 33.13%
  • Will not get at all

69 13.77%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Beauty of WoW is that Pre-Ordering is easy: you see a lot of content before it gets released, and if it looks like it's fun, i will pre-order it shortly before 10.0 comes out to play the Drakthyr. But Pre-Ordering now is stupid, i want to see at least the beta.

But in theory, YES I WILL PREORDER. Because why not. When the game looks good, the class looks fun, then pre-ordering it a week before 10.0 gives you the same benefits, and heck, if you plan to return there is no reason to buy it after the release of Dragonflight: you miss out on the pet. Just saying: BURRR, PRE-ORDER BAD is stupid. Because as much as people really shit on wow right now, in the MMO-Genre you already can see if an expansion is bad or not. On other games outside of it with no open beta tests, there yes, pre-ordering is stupid.

That said: i will get only the Base Edition: i want to play, not boosting my character. And i have already have many mounts, why should i buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Yeah I pre-ordered, wow is the only mmo with a decent endgame and that hasn't changed in 18 years so unless they make the call to remove m+ and mythic raid in the next 5ish months it's money well spent.
    Removing m+ would get me to insta buy! Or the need to do at least one a week. Fucking hate keys with a passion.

I always preordered for the story, since it’s been missing the mark a few times recently, I will be holding onto my money until I see more details.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That is the base edition, the Heroic edition contains the boost another pet and a mount for only $10 more. I see the mount and boost as a real benefit.
    Yes, but those will exist for non-preorders as well, right? Thus having nothing to do with preordering?
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Definitely not preordering this xpac. Unless It's delayed It's going to be another rushed shitty expansion all over again.

Digital epic edition (or whatever it's called, the bundle with the highest price tag) like 12 hours after it became available.

As long as wow produces raids, I'll be playing it.

Epic edition, disposable income and I play the game while im working sooo yeah I get plenty out of it and I will definitely be playing DF.

I've pre-ordered the Collector's Edition. Even though there is very little information about the expansion I'm not quitting WoW so I'd be getting it anyway. By pre-ordering I'm also getting some stuff that will be of limited availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Waiting for Alpha/Beta to see what content is like. Not playing another expansion of bandaid fixes on major content features (PvP gear, covenants, etc.) until the final patch.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, but what else am I going to do with the couple thousand blizzard bucks I have on my account?

I've never really pre-ordered anything because mounts and shit don't really interest me. I'm like 99% going to buy the game though, but I don't really see a high need to resubscribe, let alone pre-order it especially when I don't care about the aforementioned rewards for doing so.

I haven't, not yet anyway, I know I am going to play the expansion, so I am probably gonna preorder at some point closer to launch. I know people have a stick up their ass over preordering but I really see no difference in paying for the expansion prior to its release or buying it on release day if I already know now that I am gonna play it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    What would you be boosting for right now? If you plan to play next time when the expansion releases anyways, these things do not matter at all. Also I have every class I play at 60, so the boost is pointless anyways. And nah, why do I care about a mount that everyone has. It doesn't look particularly good either.
    Boosting one of my alts that I have not played in awhile that I did not feel like leveling so I could do the one convanent campaign I had yet to do. It gives me another alt to do mount runs on. PLus, the mount looks good to me and I do not care how many other people have it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Pre-ordering right now is a bit iffy anyways, because we know nothing of the game other than DARGONS. No raids, no PvP changes, haven't seen the dungeons, haven't seen talents for most of the classes. Nor are the talents we've seen final. Alpha ain't out. I could go on. We know very very little about the actual game. And if it looks anything like BFA and SL did in beta, I simply won't be playing Dragonflight till it looks like they've learned to make a good game from the start.
    I don't see it that way. Also, "good" is subjective" so just because you think it isn't good does not mean they have not learned to make a good game from the start. Fort many who think it is good, they already know how to make a good game.'

- - - Updated - - -

For you maybe. I don't care about the mount and level boost is useless as you can level to 60 in a day anyways. And it will get even easier in prepatch when they adjust everything for Dragonflight levels where you are expected to get to 60 in one expansion again.[/QUOTE]

I will obviously play the expansion, but when depends on my mood, could be at launch, could be 2 months later as with Shadowlands. No need to preorder, I only care for mounts, don't need the preorder pet and there's no other benefit to perorder.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Yes, but those will exist for non-preorders as well, right? Thus having nothing to do with preordering?
    But I have to wait until the game releases to get them if I do not pre-oder. I can, and am, using them now.

I preordered, because WoW is the best game out there. I've played so many games in the last 20 years and there was no game ever that got me as much entertainment as WoW. I also really enjoyed all the recent expansions for the most part, like early SL (one of the best times of WoW) and 9.2. So far I was never disappointed by WoW except WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    There are no bonuses for pre-ordering that you wouldn't be able to get after DF's launch. However the level 60 boost could be a benefit for current players NOW.

Yes. Wasn't much of a choice really:

1. I already know I'm going to play the expansion on launch
    2. I wanted to get a character boost for a rogue
    3. I wanted to get cheap gametime
    4. I like the helmet transmog for an arcane mage set

That's it really. It was just a good deal. If it didn't include the boost and gametime I would've probably waited but I don't really see a reason to wait.

Even if the game is shit, I know I will play enough on launch to justify the purchase price. After that I can just unsub if I don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    There are no bonuses for pre-ordering that you wouldn't be able to get after DF's launch. However the level 60 boost could be a benefit for current players NOW.
    Can you get the helm and wing transmogs outside of pre-order? I assume at an increased cost then.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2022-07-06 at 12:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

A planned 2022 launch tells me that Activision Blizzard is rushing the game for Q4 numbers regardless of the state of the game and regardless of what the devs want to do. I will not be pre-ordering to pad their numbers and I will likely not be playing the game unless beta shows me that the game is ready for a 2022 release.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    But I have to wait until the game releases to get them if I do not pre-oder. I can, and am, using them now.
    Ah, fair enough, though that's pretty much just preordering to preorder.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Nope. And don't plan to pre-order.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Can you get the helm and wing transmogs outside of pre-order? I assume at an increased cost then.
    Yes you will be still able to purchase these items when Dragonflight releases. These aren't pre-order exclusive bonuses, but Epic/Heroic-edition stuff, which you will be able to buy still after launch for a reduced price (heroic/epic edition full price minus the standard edition price if you bought that already).

You can for example still buy the Collector's Edition items from Mists of Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Haven't people learned their lesson about pre-orders?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.