1. #1

    Enhancement Dragonflight Talent Wishlist

    I want to see the spec broken up into 2 paths

    a stormstrike + windfury focused 2-hand weapon path - culminating in things like Ascendance, Legacy of the Frost Witch, and Doom Winds


    and a Fire and Frost dual-wield path - culminating in primal lava actuators, elemental spirits, and witch doctor's bones

    The middle of the tree will have some totem and earth themed abilities, culminating in Earthen Power, Sundering, and Earthen Spike

    I used the Feral Tree as a bit of a guide

    I know this is a pipe dream, but here is what I came up with

    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-07-05 at 12:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  2. #2
    The Patient Rockford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    202
    Love the concept!

    Pairing 2H to windfury is a good call considering that's the appeal from the while playstyle.

  3. #3
    The issue with 2h enhancement lies as much with the niche of the weapon types.

    Other 2h agility classes tend to use staves and polearms, so they're practically the only 2h agility weapons still being created.

    Meanwhile shamans are expecting to wield 2h axes and maces, but axes would only be shared with survival hunters and maces would only be shared with feral and guardian druids.

    The weapon selection is simply too slim for Blizzard to realistically bother filling loot tables with suitable weapons for 2h enhancement.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    The issue with 2h enhancement lies as much with the niche of the weapon types.

    Other 2h agility classes tend to use staves and polearms, so they're practically the only 2h agility weapons still being created.

    Meanwhile shamans are expecting to wield 2h axes and maces, but axes would only be shared with survival hunters and maces would only be shared with feral and guardian druids.

    The weapon selection is simply too slim for Blizzard to realistically bother filling loot tables with suitable weapons for 2h enhancement.
    I thought about this, and with personal loot and gear that already swaps stats, I don't think this is much of an issue any longer.

    We already have shields that go from Str/Stam to Str/Int ( as well as gear that swaps stats based on spec) --- It's feasible enough that they can take 2h Axes/Maces and have them go from Str/Sta to Agi/Sta when used by an Enhance shaman. With this, you can now have a Staves (used by druids, monks, shaman), 2h Maces (used by Druids, DK, Paladin, Warrior, Shaman), 2h Axes (used by DK, Paladin, Warrior, Shaman). Even though DK, Paladin, and Warrior all use 2h Swords, they generally still get a 2h Axe or 2h Mace each tier.

    With personal loot, this doesn't impact anyone else --- so there's really no reason not to make this chance, as it already happens for shields and most gear.

    As an example, take Castle Nathria's weapon tokens --- by allowing Str/Sta axes to convert to Agi/Sta for Enh, no new weapons are needed to cover Enhancement's 2h. The covenants that have 2h Swords for the DK/Paladin/Warriors already have a 2h AGI stave for Druids/Monks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    Love the concept!

    Pairing 2H to windfury is a good call considering that's the appeal from the while playstyle.
    Even without pairing windfury to 2h (like you change the entire right path to stay with dual-wielding), it still works out because these are the 2 effective game loops players have enjoyed throughout SL

    Playstyle 1 - Lava Lash/Feral Spirit focused - Lava Actuators w/ Hot Hand and Wolf Bones Elemental Spirits

    Playstyle 2 - Stormstrike/Windfury focused - Frost Witch w/ Windfury and Doom Winds
    Last edited by wushootaki; 2022-07-05 at 09:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    I thought about this, and with personal loot and gear that already swaps stats, I don't think this is much of an issue any longer.

    We already have shields that go from Str/Stam to Str/Int ( as well as gear that swaps stats based on spec) --- It's feasible enough that they can take 2h Axes/Maces and have them go from Str/Sta to Agi/Sta when used by an Enhance shaman.

    With personal loot, this doesn't impact anyone else --- so there's really no reason not to make this chance, as it already happens for shields and most gear.
    Blizzard made the change for shields and armor to change primary stats all the way back in Warlords of Draenor. Coincidentally the expansion that introduced personal loot. If Blizzard wanted weapons to change primary stats, they'd have made the change by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Blizzard made the change for shields and armor to change primary stats all the way back in Warlords of Draenor. Coincidentally the expansion that introduced personal loot. If Blizzard wanted weapons to change primary stats, they'd have made the change by now.
    Even without having Axe/Maces change from STR to AGI, there has been a 2h AGI Staff in every raid tier of the current expansion. Your argument just doesn't work. Don't forget, Shaman naturally wielded 2h Staff baseline, and it was a talent to get 2h Axe/Mace until that was later changed to also be baseline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Even without having Axe/Maces change from STR to AGI, there has been a 2h AGI Staff in every raid tier of the current expansion. Your argument just doesn't work. Don't forget, Shaman naturally wielded 2h Staff baseline, and it was a talent to get 2h Axe/Mace until that was later changed to also be baseline.
    There was 1 staff used as a cheaper alternative to an Arcanite Reaper as pre-BiS in vanilla. After that point, you'd likely never find an enhancement shaman wielding a staff in endgame content.

    But in vanilla when shamans were a horde exclusive class, practically all enhancement shamans were orcs primarily because of racials.

    Especially axe mastery meant that enhancement would largely wield axes back then, and they were mostly brought for totem twisting or to supply weapon proc effects like annihilator and later Nightfall.

    Enhancement really wasn't brought for the damage they could deal themselves so much as the damage increases they brought to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    There was 1 staff used as a cheaper alternative to an Arcanite Reaper as pre-BiS in vanilla. After that point, you'd likely never find an enhancement shaman wielding a staff in endgame content.

    But in vanilla when shamans were a horde exclusive class, practically all enhancement shamans were orcs primarily because of racials.

    Especially axe mastery meant that enhancement would largely wield axes back then, and they were mostly brought for totem twisting or to supply weapon proc effects like annihilator and later Nightfall.

    Enhancement really wasn't brought for the damage they could deal themselves so much as the damage increases they brought to others.
    We aren't talking about vanilla so I'm not sure why this is in your argument.

    We are talking about retail and moving into Dragonflight, where...if they were for whatever reason to implement what I've suggested, there has been a 2h AGI staff in every Shadowlands raid tier (something a 2h Shaman can use). Furthermore, all weapons are standardized in retail so that a 2H AGI STAFF and a 2H STR Axe and a 2H STR Sword and a 2H AGI Polearm are all doing the same dmg with the same weapon swing speed and the same amount of primary stats. The only difference is secondary stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    We aren't talking about vanilla so I'm not sure why this is in your argument.

    We are talking about retail and moving into Dragonflight, where...if they were for whatever reason to implement what I've suggested, there has been a 2h AGI staff in every Shadowlands raid tier (something a 2h Shaman can use). Furthermore, all weapons are standardized in retail so that a 2H AGI STAFF and a 2H STR Axe and a 2H STR Sword and a 2H AGI Polearm are all doing the same dmg with the same weapon swing speed and the same amount of primary stats. The only difference is secondary stats.
    It's a matter of class fantasy. People aren't asking to get back 2h enhancement because they miss the gameplay.

    2h enhancement barely had any gameplay, and the gameplay they did have, totem twisting, is not about to make a return.

    The image of 2h enhancement shamans that people have in their minds is not a staff wielder.

    Imagine if Blizzard had introduced demon hunters as a class without access to warglaives.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

  10. #10
    Real nice.
    I wouldn't like it to be EXACTLY like this (thundering strike is boring) . But this is very very good. It will probably be worse than this. Tbh weapon enchants like Windfury, should already be rolled into mastery by now.

  11. #11
    This reminded me that shamans still can't use swords. Is there any lore reasons that specifically ban shamans from using swords, that I'm not aware of?

    I thinks it's absolutely ridiculous that shamans can't use swords. If 2h is ever going to make a come back, making more weapon types available is a good starter. This includes polearrms.

    Historically, 2h shaman was always a pvp build, something you would go out in the world to 1 shot newbs. It melted faces in BGs too. You would never go near a raid as a 2h shaman unless you had Nightfall.

    It's not gameplay we miss but the fantasy. Smacking big 'ol crits with big 'ol weapons windfury pwnage.

  12. #12
    Tbh, i dont see shaman using swords. Enhancement seems more like a primal warrior. Swords have more of a duelist vibe. Needs more expertise to use. Has a cultural combatant preferance.

    Shaman's expertise lies with the elements. Using hunking weapons with help of the elements and spirits. Smashing and cleaving rather than poking, slicing.

    Edit: This is accually why i see 2h fitting better than dual wield. I know enhancement had it for 15 years but i think its more area of warriors/rogues/monks. Shamans and DKs shouldn't have dual wield IMO.
    Last edited by Oturanboa; 2022-07-05 at 01:12 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomba the Shaman View Post
    This reminded me that shamans still can't use swords. Is there any lore reasons that specifically ban shamans from using swords, that I'm not aware of?

    I thinks it's absolutely ridiculous that shamans can't use swords. If 2h is ever going to make a come back, making more weapon types available is a good starter. This includes polearrms.

    Historically, 2h shaman was always a pvp build, something you would go out in the world to 1 shot newbs. It melted faces in BGs too. You would never go near a raid as a 2h shaman unless you had Nightfall.

    It's not gameplay we miss but the fantasy. Smacking big 'ol crits with big 'ol weapons windfury pwnage.
    Previously Blizzard left it up to the tribal nature of shamanism as to why they didn't have swords. Using a sword requires a bit more training and finesse, where as a mace and an axe are just smash and swing. This is their lore reason, though how you argue that for Kul Tirans now is your own guess. I also think swords don't fit the shaman theme as I don't think of swords when I think of primitive tribal stuff (which to me is one of the essence of shaman).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Oturanboa View Post
    Real nice.
    I wouldn't like it to be EXACTLY like this (thundering strike is boring) . But this is very very good. It will probably be worse than this. Tbh weapon enchants like Windfury, should already be rolled into mastery by now.
    I agree thundering strikes is boring, but it combines the old thundering strikes and flurry. With something like what I proposed, its all about balancing the maelstrom generation between 2h generation and dual-wield generation --- so I feel like having that extra attack speed for a 2hander would be important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    I agree thundering strikes is boring, but it combines the old thundering strikes and flurry. With something like what I proposed, its all about balancing the maelstrom generation between 2h generation and dual-wield generation --- so I feel like having that extra attack speed for a 2hander would be important.
    Yea, unfortunately u'r right.

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    2,816
    Searing Totem? Please no, anything but that. I'd rather they put Alpha Wolf, Doom Vortex, and/or Stormblast in the tree than a terrible, boring totem.

  16. #16
    My two copper. Enjoy.

    PvE talents
    • Lashing Flames
    • Forceful Winds
    • Stormflurry
    • Hot Hand
    • Ice Strike
    • Elemental Assault
    • Feral Lunge
    • Crashing Storm
    • Sundering
    • Elemental Spirits
    • Earthen Spike

    PvP talents
    • Spectral Recovery

    Soulbinds
    • Chilled to the Core
    • Unruly Winds

    Legion Artefact traits
    • Alpha Wolf
    • Doom Vortex
    • Elemental Healing
    • Spirit of the Maelstrom
    • Unleash Doom
    • Wind Strikes
    • Winds of Change

    Azerite traits
    • Natural Harmony
    • Thunderaan's Fury

    Old Tier bonuses
    • T22 2pc and 4pc
    • T21 4pc
    • T18 2pc
    • T17 4pc
    • T15 4pc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •