Thread: Kindness

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You've been already given examples why. Often people click "yes" without second thought, because they don't care what's the reason for the vote kick (if there's any) - and they can do it because there are no consequences (esp. in regards to DPS who is replaced almost instantly). You're only assuming that "4 people don't want me"; all you know is that they clicked "yes". People clickicing on things without second thought is the reason why anti-virus software exists :P To assume they read what they click is a stretch.
    I'm going to assume that there are more ppl that know what they are clicking, than those that don't. I know every time I click yes, there is a good enough reason to

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'm going to assume that there are more ppl that know what they are clicking, than those that don't. I know every time I click yes, there is a good enough reason to
    Fair enough, but if there are people who don't (even if it's minority) it can sometimes happen that someone will be kicked for no good reason. So just because the system technically works, it doesn't mean it works as intended in each and every instance. Whether you could implement a better system is a different story - the answer is probably no, because a better system would require more involvement, and most people don't want to get involved - they will do whatever is fastest, regardless of the morality of their choices. (For example they will kick undeperforming DPS not because the dungeon is undoable, but because they want to finish it 38 seconds faster.)
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-07-06 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    if someone initiated a vote-to-kick, and the rest of the group agreed, then the system is working as intended.
    I am just gonna say that most people click "yes" on vote-to-kick because they are dicks. Nothing more. They don't even know why the vote kick was initiated, they just click it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    I've been playing MMOs since 1997 with Ultima Online and honestly it's almost like a cult. New player comes in, plays the game, see's how everyone is acting and starts acting like them over and over and over and over. Like I get sarcasm and it's hard to read over the internet or in-games but people who are just being assholes to be assholes it's because nothing happens to them. They kick you ... nothing happens to them, they get what they want so it just keeps perpetuating over and over.

And if you get pissed and call them out... well, usually you're the one who ends up being in trouble.
    Shut up Trammie.

j/k, just been so long since I've heard anyone talk about UO, couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to OP.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Shut up Trammie.

j/k, just been so long since I've heard anyone talk about UO, couldn't resist.
    *felucca intensifies*

Oh no you din't!!! hehe.

Sounds like a story straight out of 4chan. You had me at "I have brain damage so I play Hunter"

I once got kicked from a group while in a leveling dungeon because I was standing at the boss trying to figure out how to complete a quest (Scarlet Monastery - icon on the map, couldn't see anything to click). People have little to no patience and this is one downside of the current LFG system. My suggestion is to find a guild and run with them as much as possible and lower your expectations of the general "community".

I have been playing since vanilla and I think that was my first boot aside from emergency AFK. Pretty jarring.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Sounds like a story straight out of 4chan. You had me at "I have brain damage so I play Hunter"
    true story: People don't play Hunter because it's easy..! They play because it's the most fun class and here's the proof:

In every new major patch there is a new zone... full of new PETs for Hunters to tame and collect. For the Hunter it's like they get new xmogs or unique skills with each major patch.

No other class has this. Can a DK summon other types of ghouls or skeletons when a major patch release? Can Lock Demo summon other demons? Can Rogue do other poisons for his daggers? Can Druids transform into other animals? Demon Hunter can transform into another type of demon?? No!!

But Hunter can...

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    When everyone says something smells like shit but you don't smell anything... guess what smells like shit.
    Ironic that this is a post about toxicity and you then call me a piece of shit for no reason

But I guess it's not ok to vote kick someone who is AFK, or half-AFK in a dungeon or battleground directly affecting your gameplay?
    Trying to queue AB and multiple people are half-AFK watching their other monitor while "defending" a base and then losing it because they're paying zero attention to the game and causing you to lose? Yeah, I'm shit for wanting to kick that guy.
    And queueing a dungeon where somebody else is half-AFK just auto-attacking mobs while being tabbed out chatting on Discord making the run ~20% slower, maybe even more if you have to wait for them to enter the boss room etc? Yeah that guy is fine too, I'll just deal with it and he's perfectly within his right to waste everyone's time.

Regarding randomly getting kicked for being "shit". I have never done that, nor seen it happen. It may happen after something goes wrong and insults and the blame game starts being thrown about. But if you really are being randomly kicked due to that, then there is 100% something you can do about it. Make it seem like you're putting effort into the game, actually respect the other people you're playing with (just like you want their respect, that stuff goes both ways).

This also all comes down to if you want to play the game a specific way, then find a community or guild that share that. Don't force it upon the random people you get matched with. Exactly the same way you don't want to be forced to play the game to the "toxic elitist" level.

It's like you talking about your religious beliefs to every stranger on the street. No, you go to a church with everyone else who believe the same nonsense as you and everyone has a great time.

But to adapt your own little saying. If you're constantly smelling shit, try stepping over or around it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    Ironic that this is a post about toxicity and you then call me a piece of shit for no reason

But I guess it's not ok to vote kick someone who is AFK, or half-AFK in a dungeon or battleground directly affecting your gameplay?
    Trying to queue AB and multiple people are half-AFK watching their other monitor while "defending" a base and then losing it because they're paying zero attention to the game and causing you to lose? Yeah, I'm shit for wanting to kick that guy.
    And queueing a dungeon where somebody else is half-AFK just auto-attacking mobs while being tabbed out chatting on Discord making the run ~20% slower, maybe even more if you have to wait for them to enter the boss room etc? Yeah that guy is fine too, I'll just deal with it and he's perfectly within his right to waste everyone's time.

Regarding randomly getting kicked for being "shit". I have never done that, nor seen it happen. It may happen after something goes wrong and insults and the blame game starts being thrown about. But if you really are being randomly kicked due to that, then there is 100% something you can do about it. Make it seem like you're putting effort into the game, actually respect the other people you're playing with (just like you want their respect, that stuff goes both ways).

This also all comes down to if you want to play the game a specific way, then find a community or guild that share that. Don't force it upon the random people you get matched with. Exactly the same way you don't want to be forced to play the game to the "toxic elitist" level.

It's like you talking about your religious beliefs to every stranger on the street. No, you go to a church with everyone else who believe the same nonsense as you and everyone has a great time.

But to adapt your own little saying. If you're constantly smelling shit, try stepping over or around it next time.
    You work really hard to couch your toxicity, but the meat of your posts is: If you are encountering toxicity, it's your fault because you are probably bad and wasting everyone else's time.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I'm not trolling. There, that out of the way, this is my recent experience. I'm a decade into Wow, played in BC, every expac since. I always play hunter, it's the easiest with my particular issues. Brain damage. Anyway, I like collecting transmog, and with that in mind, I leveled a Lock so I could get staffs, cloth, and some of the gorgeous tier sets. I get to 50 with Dungeon finder, no problem. I go to Timewalking today, MOP, and I make it to the first boss before getting kicked. Why?? It's not Mythic. It's not progression. It's not timed, and it's not heroic. I was dpsing, granted, I'm slow, and lock is NOT my main. Or my second, or my third-but I was trying. I don't understand why this toxic behavior has to exist. I don't get why you kick someone that's trying, on a Timewalking, on a non-60. What makes these people tick? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me. Again. Not a troll.
    They kicked you because you were underperforming. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. I'm not saying it's right, but that's absolutely what happened.

It happens in every MP game I have ever played.

Personally, I almost exclusively play with friends now, in any game, so we don't have to worry about the toxic drama that randoms like to inject.

I remember running a low m+. Maybe a 4/5. Someone had to step out for 20 mins, so I said we would run with 1 pug until he's back. Got a random, stepped inside. 2 of us said "hello, let's do this!" Or similar. Random saw 4 guilded people and immediately went on the......offensive?????? We didn't know how to react. "fuck you scuba let's just get this shit done, or just fucking kick me now if that's your plan".

Like wtf! All we did was say hello. He immediately ran off, pulled a room, and died. We said "relax dude, Boones kicking you let's just get it done" and he responded with more abuse and insults, and we hadn't even managed one pull.

Point is, in almost any cooperative effort there is a chance for some dickhead to be involved.

Join a guild, join a community. Play with friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You work really hard to couch your toxicity, but the meat of your posts is: If you are encountering toxicity, it's your fault because you are probably bad and wasting everyone else's time.
    That is one aspect of it, yes. If you're holding up traffic, people will beep at you. If you're causing a massive queue, people will be annoyed with you.
    If people are running Timewalkings as quickly as possible for their weekly or to level up, and someone is there holding things up with the mentality of "it's not Mythic with a timer, so there's no rush" or you're half-AFK not trying or barely scraping together auto-attack DPS or generally cannot play the game that well, then yes. Of course people are gonna get annoyed and want to get someone else in. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that.

But being casual and enjoying the game at your own pace and skill level is fine, I couldn't care less. But if you keep running into this issue, then either you should realise there's a common theme or avoid these scenarios you're putting yourself into.
    I haven't been randomly kicked from a group for as long as I can remember. But I rarely PUG, and when I do I put in the same effort as if it was a guild/friend's run because I enjoy the game through doing well and never want to negatively impact someone else's game time.

If you have a favourite band, but hate loud crowds and go to a concert. Do you really think you'll be liked if you tell everyone to stop singing so loud or can they pause the show so you can get a drink or go to the toilet? No, they'll tell you to fuck off.

Don't put yourself in situations you're not suited for and surround yourself with likeminded people so you can enjoy the game your way without judgement.

The whole toxicity discussion has way too many factors other than just "why can't everyone be nice?".

Unfortunately you want people to be accepting of you as much as everyone else does.

Easy answer: no one actually wants to do timewalking, but if you do it repeatedly you get rewarded with a guaranteed piece of gear from the content you actually want to play. You get nothing except wasted time from keeping someone in your group that is slowing you down, and replacing a DPS is instantaneous. If I have to do something 5 times, and one person slows the group down by 5 minutes every time, who is compensating me for the 25 minutes of my life I wasted dragging them through it? Who's compensating the other 3 people for the combined 75 minutes they lost?

Everyone always responds to this with some pointless variation on "hurrr it's supposed to be fun not work" and yes, you're absolutely right - completing a dungeon in 20 minutes is fun. Completing five dungeons in ~80 minutes is fun. Completing five dungeons in two hours because only one of your DPS in each group was actually playing the game is not fun, it's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bbrigham View Post
    I'm not trolling. There, that out of the way, this is my recent experience. I'm a decade into Wow, played in BC, every expac since. I always play hunter, it's the easiest with my particular issues. Brain damage. Anyway, I like collecting transmog, and with that in mind, I leveled a Lock so I could get staffs, cloth, and some of the gorgeous tier sets. I get to 50 with Dungeon finder, no problem. I go to Timewalking today, MOP, and I make it to the first boss before getting kicked. Why?? It's not Mythic. It's not progression. It's not timed, and it's not heroic. I was dpsing, granted, I'm slow, and lock is NOT my main. Or my second, or my third-but I was trying. I don't understand why this toxic behavior has to exist. I don't get why you kick someone that's trying, on a Timewalking, on a non-60. What makes these people tick? I don't get it. Feel free to enlighten me. Again. Not a troll.
    You must be new to the internet and wow. The internet allows basement dwelling incel elitist's to keyboard warriors with no repercussion or danger of getting punched in their face.

WoW is one of the most toxic, hypocritical, salty incel community you will find outside of LoL. I used to be like you but now I just ignore and move on.

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

People love to minmax the shit out of everything, including timewalking dungeons, in all likelyhood you weren't performing to their expectations, as fucking stupid as that is given the ease and casual nature of timewalking dungeons.

hell alot of people seemingly initiate votekicks just for the hell of it, this is of course anecdotal evidence, but 9 times out of 10 when I see a votekick pop up, there aren't any reason written either in the pop up itself or in the party/raid chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Easy answer: no one actually wants to do timewalking,
    Plenty of people do.
    Just not you, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    You are right in principle, but tbh most vote kicks happen, because people don't read or don't care and just click away.
    this ^

When the kick box pops up folks just click whatever to make it go away, and since the game will feed the group another player in a couple minutes, there just isn't any incentive to not be a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    good enough to click yes but not good enough for you to initiate the kick yourself? how good of a reason can it really be then?

that kinda just proves his point: people just click cause it pops up. it wasn't bad enough for you to spend the whole 5 seconds it takes to initiate the vote.

they could change vote kick in a dozen ways to require 5 seconds of effort on every members of the party and the amount of them that would happen would be cut in half.

be kinda funny if they did away with the vote alltogether, and just kicked after 3 people have initiated a kick on their own. i wonder who would get kicked more often then, the person saying "kick that guy" or the one it's being said too.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2022-07-07 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Plenty of people do.
    Just not you, apparently.
    Okay, sure, and probably the other 80% of the group that OP was in given they kicked him for being slow. But hey - if the peak of content you want to do in this game is repetitive stomps of the same four or five dungeons with zero chance of wiping, be my guest.