Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just visually, I immediately thought they did the Legion professions, which was just a time sink, mind numbing, stupid grind. After a deeper look, I think there is more thought to it than Legion but I expect these Ion/Bobby Kotick minions to screw this up and make it something tedious and not fun.

They want people to come back but the hype train is off the rails and the passengers have walked away to other games or a better life.
    Last edited by khazmodan; 2022-07-07 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It says so. Crafting Mythic gear requires items from Mythic, high M+ or high PvP. On the other hand you can set up crafting orders to have someone make the item for you, albeit obviously Mythic quality items will cost a truckload of gold and a half unless you're at the tail end of the season.
    To be clear, the person issuing the crafting order will have to be the one who gets the Raid/M+/PVP stuff, and include it with the crafting order. It was unclear if you were implying that you could pay a player who does that kind of content for you to use their special soulbound items to make the item for you. This should reduce the price needed to pay to get something crafted at these levels (not talking about quality ranks, but specifically that boosted ilvl soulbound stuff).

I really hope they scrap the idea of quality levels on consumables and enchants. Raiding and m+ right now are expensive enough, this quality shit will push it to the next level.
    While I'm sure raid leaders will say "tier 1 potions/flasks are okay for normal and heroic" we'll be required to have max tiered consumables for mythic.

Guess my alchemist (which is basically every character because of longer flasks) will be required to hard grind those recipes (by buying the herbs off the ah ofc) in order to not be broke every right night.
    Oh and the nightmare enchanting will be... running as many m+ as possible to get all the stuff to disenchant for the chance at max quality reagents in order to make max quality enchants, of which you need at least 5 per slot (because item upgrades).

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    I really hope they scrap the idea of quality levels on consumables and enchants. Raiding and m+ right now are expensive enough, this quality shit will push it to the next level.
    While I'm sure raid leaders will say "tier 1 potions/flasks are okay for normal and heroic" we'll be required to have max tiered consumables for mythic.

Guess my alchemist (which is basically every character because of longer flasks) will be required to hard grind those recipes (by buying the herbs off the ah ofc) in order to not be broke every right night.
    Oh and the nightmare enchanting will be... running as many m+ as possible to get all the stuff to disenchant for the chance at max quality reagents in order to make max quality enchants, of which you need at least 5 per slot (because item upgrades).
    There will definitely be those who will require Q5 consumables, and those who feel compelled to use them. What it really comes down to for me, and I'd wager the majority of WoW players, however, will be how much of a difference it will make compared to the effort/cost.

Will the quality difference be like JC/Enchanting are now, where the two tiers of gems/enchants are hardly different? Won't really make much of a difference then. People aren't gonna lose it if a Q1 Flask is say, 100 int, and a Q5 Flask is 110 int, and you choose to use a Q1 flask, especially if the price is significantly higher. On the other hand, if the difference is more like, say 30-60+ int, then you're right, and we have a problem on our hands. If flask quality only impacts the duration, then this is all kind of moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This all seems needlessly complicated.
    It is, but the white knights will never concede that. It'll be framed as reinventing something that was boring.

The hard truth is, simple professions were better. Crafting gems, enchanting gear, etc. Selling stuff on AH. Give me that. Not this nonsense garbage with tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    To be clear, the person issuing the crafting order will have to be the one who gets the Raid/M+/PVP stuff, and include it with the crafting order. It was unclear if you were implying that you could pay a player who does that kind of content for you to use their special soulbound items to make the item for you. This should reduce the price needed to pay to get something crafted at these levels (not talking about quality ranks, but specifically that boosted ilvl soulbound stuff).
    I was under the impression that you could ask someone who has the materials, no need to gather the soulbound stuff for yourself. My bad if not.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Why is it taking so long for Alpha? With a 2022 release date - this does not bode well.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    This entire crafting system SCREAMS Star Wars Galaxies LITE.

All it's missing is the resource system. With the addition of inspiration and other buffs to crafting, it's no different than crafting tapes, and seeking out the highest quality crafters with the absolute best resources.

This is a good addition to a game I no longer play.
    Very very lite. Man I miss SWG crafting.

I was under the impression that you could ask someone who has the materials, no need to gather the soulbound stuff for yourself. My bad if not.
    It was easy to miss/forget, as it's most directly stated toward the beginning of the crafting orders section. "Tradeable reagents can be provided by you or the crafter while certain special reagents may only be provided by one or the other. In particular, Soulbound reagents will often need to be provided by you when placing an order for a Soulbound item."

Also towards the end, while talking about the soulbound reagents, they mention how the user will need to go out and get the reagents for themselves, as they are being designed as a deterministic method of gear progression. Of course this could change, but I would say currently, no way to get around having to do the content yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Why is it taking so long for Alpha? With a 2022 release date - this does not bode well.
    Honestly, I would prefer no alpha or beta so I can make my own mind up about the game when it releases. Rather than half a year of content creators bitching and giving feedback about shit that will never change.

This looks amazing. I think the qualities will make it unnecessarily complicated, but being able to craft gear up to Mythic quality will finally make professions good.
    Though I'm curious about how is this gonna work with Engineering that usually locks everything to themselves.

It says so. Crafting Mythic gear requires items from Mythic, high M+ or high PvP. On the other hand you can set up crafting orders to have someone make the item for you, albeit obviously Mythic quality items will cost a truckload of gold and a half unless you're at the tail end of the season.
    So lots of bell and whistles for no real change? Got it.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This all seems needlessly complicated.
    Seriously. Who asked for this convoluted, RNG mess?

Give me Vanilla/TBC professions. All the mats are out in the world and from dungeons/raids. Profession specializations. Done.

No tiers, no levels, no quality, no random bullshit. This is utter gobshite.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    So lots of bell and whistles for no real change? Got it.
    "No real change"
    You can now put out work orders to have specific things crafted for you, even using materials that are normally bind on pickup
    you have varrying qualities of crafting materials, and even gear itself
    there is new "crafting gear" including new "crafting slots" where you put that gear, like mining picks, helmets, goggles, backpacks, and more, that give you "crafting stats" that give you benefits like faster crafting, more efficient crafting, chance to craft better stuff, or craft more stuff.
    New type of flask that has a shorter duration with more unique effects, allowing you to swap fight to fight.

Nah no real change, you are right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Seriously. Who asked for this convoluted, RNG mess?

Give me Vanilla/TBC professions. All the mats are out in the world and from dungeons/raids. Profession specializations. Done.

No tiers, no levels, no quality, no random bullshit. This is utter gobshite.
    I do love this, because you seem to forget vanilla and tbc professions were RNG too, because of the alchemy mastery, and also the fact finding rare resources out in the world was extremly RNG, as was getting them from dungeons/raids.

Cause man, i would love to see you in blackwing lair crying your fucking eyes out about one run dropping 10 elementium ingots, but then the next 3 runs dropping ZERO.

also wtf you talking about "tiers" and "levels" what levels? do you mean profession levels? Bro we have always had those...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    The 5 stages of quality level for materials and random value effects of inspiration, multi-craft and resourceful is making me see this as a less hands on FFXIV crafting system, at least you had a small degree of control through the crafting mini-game, gear used and resources chosen during that process.

I also feel like 'Powerful Crafted Equipment' are going to be the drawback of the system, limited number of equips, paired with limited or raid sources and rng + timegated drop/acquisition periods surrounding the resources for soulbound gear that you either need to invest a profession in or hope someone else has that recipe all on top of hoping you don't waste all that time and effort to craft something that isn't suddenly made irrelevant by the next raid/Mythic+ run you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    uh...

What

It says "Soulbound reagents will often need to be provided by you when placing an order for a Soulbound item." So it doesn't seem the crafter can provide those items for them.
    So it seems only people playing the highest difficulty content would get access to mythic grade crafted items. Which sounds fair and doesn't break the economy.

Commission fee of 200 gold and 7 silver + posting fee of 5 silver

= total of 201 gold and 2 silver.

Um....So their convoluted expansion system they made professions into (this time around), can't even count by the ingame currency formula?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

this is ridiculous, all were asking for is professions to make useful things, add some mats to drop in raids. You just made it overly complicated for no reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is starting to look a smidge like FFXIV crafting, which I personally enjoy. I understand others may not. Crafting specific gear and adding quality control helps make crafting not so monotonous, albeit more tedious.